Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 03-15-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default kevin booth

he was one of our better o-linemen last year and he is really young....but, he is a massive dude that does not fit our new ZBS. will he be able to fit into what we are trying to do up front???

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he can make it work, but it'll be a struggle. If Gallery can manage to win out to LT job, I almost think he could hangle being a ZBS RT.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
bucksavage
Rookie

bucksavage hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

are we running the ZBS or is that just speculation??
Old 03-15-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default ummm

Yah it is a lot of speculation....I think people are assuming since we have Cable it will be a ZBS. However, I think it is safe to assume we won't be using Shell's blocking scheme. Booth is young and a decent athlete and he went to Colgate [Ivy League school yes?] so he should be smart enough to adjust.

PS - I still haven't forgiven him for his holding penalty that took back Carr's kickoff return TD against the Jets because I was at the game and Carr took it right down my sideline into the endzone...lol...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Yah it is a lot of speculation....I think people are assuming since we have Cable it will be a ZBS. However, I think it is safe to assume we won't be using Shell's blocking scheme. Booth is young and a decent athlete and he went to Colgate [Ivy League school yes?] so he should be smart enough to adjust.

PS - I still haven't forgiven him for his holding penalty that took back Carr's kickoff return TD against the Jets because I was at the game and Carr took it right down my sideline into the endzone...lol...
you sure it was Boothe? i wouldn't figure that a lineman, let alone a starting one would be on our kick return team.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
mhuff21

I think Boothe went to Cornell; not that it really matters or anything
Old 03-16-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Tha rizzock
Rookie

Tha rizzock needs more cowbell.

He actually pretty fast and good at pullig so he will fit the ZBS
Old 03-16-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

deuce latui or whatever was a moutain of a man and he was productive on usc's line. so if were useing the same blocking as SC he could work i guess.

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keeping him would mean having 4 OL

Sims, Gallery, Newberry, Boothe.

Sims is decent, Newberry is good, but injury prone and Boothe has an incredible talent.. Gallery, has 1 more year to prove he is not a bust.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
mhuff21

I know there's still a whole lot of time with the draft and free agency; but lets say we went into training camp with the players we have rite now. How would you guys project our starting O-Line for 2007? Id say:

LT- Sims
LG- Grove/McQuistan/Newberry
C- Grove/Newberry
RG- Boothe
RT- Gallery
Old 03-16-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McQ is a reliable back-up at best.. so is Grove.. I´m expecting an LG to be drafted.

Sims - *insert* - Newberry - Boothe - Gallery
Old 03-17-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
McQ is a reliable back-up at best.. so is Grove.. Im expecting an LG to be drafted.

Sims - *insert* - Newberry - Boothe - Gallery

*insert* blalock or sears

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I think that they'll most surely move Grove to G.He hasnt played well at C but last time we had the ZBS he played well at G.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha rizzock View Post
He actually pretty fast and good at pullig so he will fit the ZBS
Dude that sig is sick I love that.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
you sure it was Boothe? i wouldn't figure that a lineman, let alone a starting one would be on our kick return team.
I'm 99% sure it was Boothe and 100% sure it was a black OL....he wasn't very happy about the call either....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuff21 View Post
I know there's still a whole lot of time with the draft and free agency; but lets say we went into training camp with the players we have rite now. How would you guys project our starting O-Line for 2007? Id say:

LT- Sims
LG- Grove/McQuistan/Newberry
C- Grove/Newberry
RG- Boothe
RT- Gallery
I actually expect Gallery to keep his LT job. If he wasn't motivated by Kiffin's statement, then he's a lost cause, and he has apparently been working out back in Iowa City for the first time since getting drafted. Sims ain't that great a player, I think Robert can beat him out.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
charlzie

Boothe had 0 penalties last season. It was probably Slaughter
Old 03-30-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hate Chad Slaughter why do we keep him around?

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote