Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-23-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

holy ****!! Don't know how i feel about this trade right now, loved both Schenn and Simmer...but Schenn was compared to a M Richards type of players.

holy shittt
Old 06-23-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Rumors that Mike Richards could go to LA for Schenn and Simmonds.

Edit: It's now official. LOL. This deal sucks for Philly IMO. LA is now really improved.
The **** is going on here?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure who the Flyers have left on offense. They got worse today. Unless they have magic up their sleeves, I don't think they did the right thing today.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
holy ****!! Don't know how i feel about this trade right now, loved both Schenn and Simmer...but Schenn was compared to a M Richards type of players.

holy shittt
IMO, Kopitar and Richards on the same team is the sex. LA is a SERIOUS contender now.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** is Philly doing?

Traded Carter AND Richards in one day!?

They were signed to 11 and 12 year deals, respectively!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

As of now, they Flyers do not scare me at all. They totally ****** up IMO. I like the potential of their three new young guys, but giving up Richards and Carter is a no-no IMO.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Flyers went from being a team that ONLY needed a goalie to being a team that's gonna have a tremendously overpaid goalie and a lot of issues elsewhere.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As of now, they Flyers do not scare me at all. They totally ****** up IMO. I like the potential of their three new young guys, but giving up Richards and Carter is a no-no IMO.
I'm fine with dealing Carter for Voracek and a high-first. However, the Richards deal is on par with trading Curt Schilling for Travis Lee in terms of Philly trades that they lose in. I like Schenn and Simmonds but not at the expense of 18.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

How rare is it to trade your captain? Especially a guy in the prime of his career?

I can't think of too many examples.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
How rare is it to trade your captain? Especially a guy in the prime of his career?

I can't think of too many examples.
Unprecedented, I think....especially after you sign him to three presidential terms.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think there are rumors that Carter and Richards caused problems in the locker room. That could be as to why they got rid of them.

I will say that Hartnell and Simmonds will be a ***** to play against, especially if they are on the same line.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IMO, Kopitar and Richards on the same team is the sex. LA is a SERIOUS contender now.
Yup, those 2 down the middle for a long time is pretty sweet.

Now we need finish up this Smyth trade, that will allow us to get a scoring winger...

oh yeah, and sign DD.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

The West just got a hell of a lot stronger than the East.

Good for Columbus. Rick Nash finally has a center.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
There aren't as many bars in Columbus than there are in Philadelphia so he'll probably have around 80 goals.
But he'll still have a similar playoff impact when Columbus finishes 10th.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
I think there are rumors that Carter and Richards caused problems in the locker room. That could be as to why they got rid of them.

I will say that Hartnell and Simmonds will be a ***** to play against, especially if they are on the same line.
Carter has kind of a rep as a partier but Richards was the leader until Pronger came. There's always been whispers that those two weren't sympatico.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Yup, those 2 down the middle for a long time is pretty sweet.

Now we need finish up this Smyth trade, that will allow us to get a scoring winger...

oh yeah, and sign DD.
What would the lines be right now?

Penner-Kopitar-Brown
?-Richards-Williams
?-Stoll-?

Look about right?
Old 06-23-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What would the lines be right now?

Penner-Kopitar-Brown
?-Richards-Williams
?-Stoll-?

Look about right?
Penner Kopi Williams
Smyth Richards Brown
Richardson Stoll Clifford

Will be different if we move Smyth.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
But he'll still have a similar playoff impact when Columbus finishes 10th.
Boom.

Someone suggested on the Tweeter that this could indicate a run for Brad Richards.....does seem relatively pointless though given how they already are happy with Giroux as the #1 center. I think it's quite clear, unless I'm missing something, that this is #28's team.

Oh wait, Flyers just traded for Roy Halladay

Old 06-23-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bryz looked like crap in the playoffs and basically gave up. Hope Philly isn't maneuvering cap space to get him signed.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what in the hell

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

The Flyers have 13 million dollars in cap space now.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Bryzgalov signs for 9 years, $51 million.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Bryzgalov signs for 9 years, $51 million.
Better than the 7 million per year, but 9 years? Jesus.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
The Flyers have 13 million dollars in cap space now.
Bryzgalov takes out ~5.6 of that. Voracek and Simmonds need contracts, and they could probably sign Powe/Nodl to fill out the roster. Take out Leighton's number at some point, and they're probably committed to over $60 million right now.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Richards trade is so stupid. I could see why they wanted to move Carter I guess but trading both of them is beyond idiotic.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote