Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL 2007 Schedule to be released April 5

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/schedule/0405

This is also a thread to predict what you think your team will get in way of primetime match-ups.

I don't think the Jaguars will get a primetime game, but if they do, I say a Monday Nighter @ Steelers.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears should get plenty, probably 5 or 6. Bears-Saints should be a primier grab.

Other potential big games.

Cowboys-Bears
Eagles-Bears
Seahawks-Bears
Chargers-Bears (already opening week national game)
Broncos-Bears
Packers-Bears
Redskins-Bears (if Briggs is traded)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-30-2007 at 10:36 AM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Eagles at Patriots will be a Sunday or Monday nighter... and probably Pats at Colts too...
Old 03-30-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

steelers should atleast get a primer for the cardinals and the dolphins. whiz and grimm and then joey.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Denver, New England, New Orleans, San Diego, Baltimore and Atlanta all have potential to be primetime games for the Colts.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Jets vs Giants
Old 03-30-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Jets vs Giants
Oooh that'll be fun.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Oooh that'll be fun.
As will Giants/Bears. I'm curious to know when that game is because as of now I plan on flying to Chicago for it. As long as it doesn't interfere with Christmas/New Years.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Do the Jets and Giants still play each other in preseason this year?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Do the Jets and Giants still play each other in preseason this year?
I think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter mentioned that the Houston-Atlanta game will be in prime time. Schaub returns, drama ensues.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
steelers should atleast get a primer for the cardinals and the dolphins. whiz and grimm and then joey.
We might get one with the pats. So we can see our new coach get his ass kicked by Belichick just like old times

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
We might get one with the pats. So we can see our new coach get his ass kicked by Belichick just like old times
if mangini can squeeze out a win, i believe tomlin can.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Bears will get a combination of 5-6 MNF or Sunday Night games. That is way too many for any team. I think the max should be 4 per team per season.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles-Bears and Eagles-Saints have a chance to be prime time games. I assume Eagles-Cowboys will be up there, as well.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-30-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I don't think the Bears will get a combination of 5-6 MNF or Sunday Night games. That is way too many for any team. I think the max should be 4 per team per season.
I believe the max is 6, which is why I said 5-6.

If you consider that there are 32 games = 64 teams + Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the NFL Network games it's probably about 70-75.

Since there are some teams, like Cleveland, that probably won't even get one, that's not that outrageous at all.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Well, I don't consider NFL Network games to be National games. Notice that I said MNF/Sunday Nighters only. If you include NFL Network games, that is very reasonable.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team-by-team 2007 opponents, for those interested.

It doesn't surprise me the schedule-makers would make sure the Falcons be the home team in the primetime games announced thus far (Colts and Texans). It's a bit coddling, but makes sense if you're trying to make the games as enjoyable to watch as possible.

My guesses for the Colts:

SNF, New Orleans Saints @ Indianapolis Colts [announced as the Thursday season opener]
MNF, Indianapolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens
SNF, New England Patriots @ Indianapolis Colts (probably Nov. 4th or 11th)
TNF (NFLN), Indianapolis Colts @ Atlanta Falcons [announced for Thanksgiving]
SNF, Indianapolis Colts @ San Diego Chargers

I believe 5 primetime games is the limit, or it may be 6 depending on how the NFLN game is worked in (I'll revisit it), but the Colts had 4 primetime games last year (Wk 1 SNF - IND @ NYG; Wk 9 SNF - IND @ NE; Wk 12 SNF - PHI @ IND; and Wk 15 MNF - CIN @ IND). I also place the Baltimore game between Weeks 1 and 9/10 because I think the schedule-makers will show some love to the Colts and not make them travel to Baltimore in December, whereas a primetime game in San Diego (hmm, I wonder how much tickets will cost?) is unlikely to have that same problem.

Last edited by Geo : 03-30-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our schedule is way easier than last year, only other game I see with real primetime potential is vs. the Patriots. Any other game would just be random, vs. the Titans might be a reach but the media sure loves their VY.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget the Bengals open MNF against the Ravens, in the 1st game of the Week 1 double-header.

Also, that's Bears @ Eagles, Bears @ Washington, Bears @ Seahawks, and Bears @ Chargers, not the other way around.

Last edited by Geo : 03-30-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be a crime if Chiefs @ Jets didnt at LEAST get a SNF thing considering both teams made the playoffs and considering who coaches the Chiefs.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

For those wondering:

The Miami Dolphins will "host" the New York Football Giants in London's Wembley Stadium on October 28th, Week 8 of the regular season. The game will be broadcasted on FOX at 1 PM ET (6 PM local time).

Shame the game couldn't be in primetime, but the time difference necessitates an earlier broadcast on our shores.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Don't forget the Bengals open MNF against the Ravens, in the 1st game of the Week 1 double-header.

Also, that's Bears @ Eagles, Bears @ Washington, Bears @ Seahawks, and Bears @ Chargers, not the other way around.
I never indicated a home team, I just listed both teams. I'm too lazy and don't care enough to look it up.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Well, now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
It'd be a crime if Chiefs @ Jets didnt at LEAST get a SNF thing considering both teams made the playoffs and considering who coaches the Chiefs.
An excellent opportunity for Mangenie-in-a-bottle to stuff J!-E!-T!-S!-JETS!-JETS!-JETS! down Herm's conservative throat. Or for Larry Johnson to run rough-shot over yet another team in the league. I'd watch it. ;)
Old 03-30-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Falcons vs the Titans isn't primetime, i will be totally shocked

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote