Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-23-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess the Leafs were willing to give up Nikolai Kulemin and Kadri for Richards, but the Flyers wanted Richards out of the East.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giroux, JVR, Schenn, Voracek, Simmonds were all born in '88 or later. Too much studliness. Of course, their development probably follows a similar path to the decline of the Flyers defense, so the main downside to this is that I just like all of those players and hate the Flyers.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone want Jiri Hudler? The Wings will probably give him away for a 3rd round pick or a player with an equally underwhelming 2010-11 season.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrei Markov and Devin Setoguchi both resign for 3 years with their clubs.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm a flyers fan; how should I feel about these trades not knowing the west very well?
Edit: I've read what peopl have said and I'm not happy about Richards but what are the pros and cons?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44

Last edited by TheBoyWonder22 : 06-24-2011 at 12:12 AM.
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
So I'm a flyers fan; how should I feel about these trades not knowing the west very well?
Edit: I've read what peopl have said and I'm not happy about Richards but what are the pros and cons?
You got a bunch of good young players and a stockpile of draft picks, but frankly, if any of those young players turn out to be as good as Richards and Carter were already, only then can you call it a good trade. I'd be organizing a mutiny if I were a Flyers fan.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flyers:

-got ride of leading scorer
-got ride of captain who scored a **** ton of points, even if he was a drunk
-sign Russian goalie who will implode in the playoffs

I'd be kinda pissed
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I feel the only thing that would make up for it is bringing in a nice defensive center. I love every player involved after watching some film. At the same time I'm sad to see one of my favorite players in Richards go but I understand the move.
I would have prefered Voukon and someone like Tim Conolly but I've just gotta hope for the best.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 06-24-2011, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I guess I feel the only thing that would make up for it is bringing in a nice defensive center. I love every player involved after watching some film. At the same time I'm sad to see one of my favorite players in Richards go but I understand the move.
I would have prefered Voukon and someone like Tim Conolly but I've just gotta hope for the best.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh... wat?
Old 06-24-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh... wat?
Ha I was kidding. I just feel like thats something Holmgren would go for.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 06-24-2011, 02:01 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really don't want Connolly. Schenn might be the best prospect in hockey, is a good two-way player, and is probably capable of outperforming Connolly in any role in the immediate future. Schenn did more impressive things in two weeks at HSBC Arena than I've seen Connolly do in two years.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Hearing that Smyth could be going to Calgary, which I think would be kind of funny. But that happening would kind of go along with the talk of us taking on salary in the proposed Regehr deal. This could be in the form of Stajan, Hagman, or Kotalik. Er, do not want.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

NHL DRAFT! Who's watching?
Old 06-24-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I heard a rumor the Wild were shopping Brent Burns. Anyone else hear that?

The Wings need him. Sorry, DJP.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Hearing that Smyth could be going to Calgary, which I think would be kind of funny. But that happening would kind of go along with the talk of us taking on salary in the proposed Regehr deal. This could be in the form of Stajan, Hagman, or Kotalik. Er, do not want.
Looks like Regehr, bastard!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there was a rumor of the devils and wild swapping picks and the devils getting Burns somehow, but I think it died
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Isn't that 2nd overall pick a surprise?

Where is Larssen?
Old 06-24-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

As far as top defensemen go, I always thought Burns was somewhat overrated.

Hooray for Gabriel, and that babe you're with.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

For a Swede, he has perfect English with no sign of an accent.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
For a Swede, he has perfect English with no sign of an accent.
It's really amazing. He's even picked up the "hockey player" interview style in his time in Canada.

Also I'm so pumped about Larsson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

larssonnnnnnnn

hooray!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Really solid pick I just would have preferred Doug cuz we need help on D.

Compliments of TACKLE

Last edited by TheBoyWonder22 : 06-24-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Giroux, JVR, Schenn, Voracek, Simmonds were all born in '88 or later. Too much studliness. Of course, their development probably follows a similar path to the decline of the Flyers defense, so the main downside to this is that I just like all of those players and hate the Flyers.
Couturier too? FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU. It might actually be hard to hate the Flyers in a couple years. That's gonna suck.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Boston gets the Stanley and now they get to do the Dougie? Damn it.

Good on ya, Leafs.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

The Wild took a defenseman who scored zero goals in 42 games last year. Good job.