Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-28-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
SativaDominant
Rookie

SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I really love my Droid 1 but I want a new phone but there isn't anything that meets my needs. I basically want a new moto droid with 4g. I love a physical keyboard.
Yeah, a physical keyboard is a must-have for me. I love the Droid Shift.

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-34467083.html
SativaDominant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Is it just my phone or does Android's navigation/GPS suck massive ****?
What's the app that you are using?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got Cyanogenmod 7.1 from 7.0, its pretty good. I'm not entirely sure the difference but it seems faster than before. Peggle now runs smooth on my droid1 instead of FC on opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
What's the app that you are using?
The default one that comes with my phone. Samsung Vibrant.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's an app I can download that makes sending MMS (picture messages) faster? or even allow me to send it at all?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
SativaDominant
Rookie

SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
What's an app I can download that makes sending MMS (picture messages) faster? or even allow me to send it at all?
Handcent. It's MMS on steroids.
SativaDominant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Google navigation on my X is the reason why I bought the phone. I was able to sell my garmin for 100 bucks, and use the 100 dollar rebate to basically get the phone for free. It was a no brainer to me.

I love Google Nav. It's a life saver. I love GPS in general. It changed my life lol.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When it works the navigation works great. But that is 60% of the time when it can actually find a signal. I'm pretty sure everything is updated
Old 06-30-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I upgraded to the HTC Inspire last month and love it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
fyi, for anyone thinking about picking up a verizon smartphone, do it before july 7th, or you'll no longer be able to get the unlimited data for $30/mo plan.
they need to change their minutes plan, it's 60 bucks for 450 mintues...and I usually only use about 100-150 per month.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
fyi, for anyone thinking about picking up a verizon smartphone, do it before july 7th, or you'll no longer be able to get the unlimited data for $30/mo plan.
The reason I didn't wait out for the Bionic.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SativaDominant View Post
Handcent. It's MMS on steroids.
How how the hell do you stop the default message/text thing from also popping up?
Old 07-01-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go in the default messaging app and go in the settings. There should be a way to turn off the notifications in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
How how the hell do you stop the default message/text thing from also popping up?
This and more this

Edit: never mind
Old 07-01-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best clock/weather widget? Go.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Best clock/weather widget? Go.
Fancy Widget is OK. Beautiful Widget is supposed to be better, but it's a lot more expensive.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the HTC one that comes with the EVO 4G. It's boss.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use the small Sense Analog clock available from the market. The standard sense analog clock that resembles the HTC clocks is just too big. It takes up half the screen, and I like having as many apps on my home page as possible.

Plus I don't like using multicon bc I like seeing the names of the apps, it looks cleaner.

The small sense analog clock is big enough plus gives you all the info you need, like % battery left, weather, etc. I love it.

That's a picture of it. It comes it different colors. And this guy has a basic set up, without the weather and battery % etc. But that gives you a rough estimate of the size of the clock.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm opposite. I don't mind the big clock/weather widget size due to the fact that I don't like clogging up the entire screen with apps. I think that looks messy.
I do the same with my desktop though. The only thng I have on my desktop is the recycle bin and a weather widget as well.

This is basically what it looks like. Looks like it's stretched out sideways though.
My home screen looks like that but there's only 4 apps on it instead of the 6, like shown
The reason I like that clock/weather widget is because when you take your phone off of standby, the app creates the weather conditions on your screen. If it's raining, it'll create rain drops on your home screen, if it's sunny, the sun will start shining, windy... leaves will blow from one side of the screen to the other...
I think it looks pretty nice

Last edited by Nalej : 07-02-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got my 3D today. I don't get the point in the 3D camera, but whatever...more interested in the other aspects of the phone.

Last edited by nepg : 07-02-2011 at 04:05 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Let me know how you like it. I'm completely content with my 4G but my wife is up for an upgrade though. I might get her that one.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They marked the regular Evo down to $100. I love that thing.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Damn. I might just get her that one then.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Sense UI, but it's a resource piggy from what I understand. Given that phones generally skimp on RAM, I'll pass. Looks like though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
**** you verizon.

So If I get a new phone when my upgrade comes i have to go by this ****? It's like putting a cap on bandwidth. DON'T DO IT.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote