Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
If the Falcons vs the Titans isn't primetime, i will be totally shocked
Anyone that gives the Titans a primetime game is banking on the fact that the Titans won't regress this year, which is suspect.

But I agree, I think Vick vs. Young is instant primetime.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep in mind that Drew Brees somehow beat Peyton Manning for last year's All-Pro QB spot. He must pay come September 6th.

PS. I can't believe Manning didn't earn All-Pro or garner more than 2 MVP votes (Brees had 4 I believe). He had the best season of his career last year - yes, better than the record-breaking 2004 season of 49 touchdowns, if you look at what he had to do. Ugh, curse you fickle voters.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Cowboys will have a prime-time game every other week, mark that down. I actually don't like that because whenever the Cowboys lose it is a huge story. Oh well. I think the Cowboys-Bears will definitly be a MNF game. Cowboys-Patriots will be a prime-time game as well.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans vs Atlanta is gonna be suspect. I think ATL is gonna be arond 500, but the Titans are gonna regress majorly imo....

although it would be a somewhat entertaining game
Old 03-30-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see the Dallas Cowboys @ the Buffalo Bills on Monday Night Football.

Sort of a 15-year anniversary of the 1992 season's Super Bowl XXVII. The vitirol of the Buffalo crowd against the hated Cowboys. The fact that the Bills traded their 2005 1st round pick to the 'boys for their 2004 1st round pick, which they then used to draft current franchise quarterback JP Losman. Losman versus Tony Romo in a battle of promising young quarterbacks. Lee Evans versus Terry Glenn. Wade Phillips, former head coach of the Buffalo Bills who lost the Music City Miracle playoff game and is now the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Players of the 4-time AFC Championship Bills teams, including newly elected Hall of Fame member Thurman Thomas, on the sidelines.

Please make it happen, schedule-makers.

Last edited by Geo : 03-30-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Bears should get plenty, probably 5 or 6. Bears-Saints should be a primier grab.

Other potential big games.

Cowboys-Bears
Eagles-Bears
Seahawks-Bears
Chargers-Bears (already opening week national game)
Broncos-Bears
Packers-Bears
Redskins-Bears (if Briggs is traded)
Isnt there a limit for MNF games and SNF games?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I would love to see the Dallas Cowboys @ the Buffalo Bills on Monday Night Football.

Sort of a 15-year anniversary of the 1992 season's Super Bowl XXVII. The vitirol of the Buffalo crowd against the hated Cowboys. The fact that the Bills traded their 2005 1st round pick to the 'boys for their 2004 1st round pick, which they then used to draft current franchise quarterback JP Losman. Losman versus Tony Romo in a battle of promising young quarterbacks. Lee Evans versus Terry Glenn. Wade Phillips, former head coach of the Buffalo Bills who lost the Music City Miracle playoff game and is now the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Players of the 4-time AFC Championship Bills teams, including newly elected Hall of Fame member Thurman Thomas, on the sidelines.

Please make it happen, schedule-makers.
Although that all sounds great, historic logic for a match-up (unless it's a signficiant anniversary or rivalry) doesn't hold much weight. It's all about the ratings of the now.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Monday Night Football made some random games last year, unlike Sunday Night Football which was usually the more high profile matchups, so anything is possible.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guesses

@Detroit (already set Thanksgiving game)
Monday night VS Phily
Sunday night VS Bears
Old 03-30-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So for my birthday the NFL is going to tell me how many games the Lions will lose. Yay.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I'd say...

Giants @ Cowboys (already set)

Jets @ Giants

Possibly Giants @ Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

The Cowboys (and the Giants) inherently draw ridiculously good ratings, and the Bills might attract New York viewers beyond the city of Buffalo if it's primetime football. Last year they paired a "small market" team (Jacksonville) with an NFC East ratings heavyweight (Giants) in Week 11.

The Bills didn't get a single primetime game last year - which is perfectly understandable given the previous 2005 season. But the team much improved last year and should get some love even if it's just one Monday Night game (or at least put it on NFLN).

I refuse to believe that Cowboys @ Bills is worse than some of last year's MNF games. And if an inferior team like the Houston Texans is going to get a primetime game, then the Buffalo Bills darn well should too.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills haven't been on MNF this millenium. I'd love to see it, though. We play a lot of tough teams at home, so we could very possibly host a sunday night game.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Browns to get just one primetime game... lol.

I think we have a chance just because of our position in the draft (if we get a Quinn or a Russell or a Peterson that is)

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I want the Browns to get just one primetime game... lol.

I think we have a chance just because of our position in the draft (if we get a Quinn or a Russell or a Peterson that is)
Unless Cleveland gets hit by a hurricane, it's probably not gonna happen. Then again ESPN gave a few random teams games last year, so who knows.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have had a primetime game against the Steelers nearly every year im pretty sure.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 03-30-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The Cowboys (and the Giants) inherently draw ridiculously good ratings, and the Bills might attract New York viewers beyond the city of Buffalo if it's primetime football. Last year they paired a "small market" team (Jacksonville) with an NFC East ratings heavyweight (Giants) in Week 11.

The Bills didn't get a single primetime game last year - which is perfectly understandable given the previous 2005 season. But the team much improved last year and should get some love even if it's just one Monday Night game (or at least put it on NFLN).

I refuse to believe that Cowboys @ Bills is worse than some of last year's MNF games. And if an inferior team like the Houston Texans is going to get a primetime game, then the Buffalo Bills darn well should too.
Who is the Bills most marketable star?

Lee Evans?

Aaron Schoble (see..I can't even spell his name)

Honestly I think the only person on the Bills that the casual fan knows is Marv Levy. Maybe if they put Marv in the media box people will watch. Otherwise, I don't know.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
We have had a primetime game against the Steelers nearly every year im pretty sure.
Hmm...I live in Cleveland and I'm about 100% sure that isn't true. I recall one year, and I'm sure there have been one or two more, but every year I believe is incorrect.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
TwOne
Rookie

TwOne hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i expect none.:(

Angels Record: 6-8
TwOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

1999 we did against pittsburgh, 2000 i'm not sure, 2001 didnt have one, 2002 against baltimore, 2003 against the rams, 2004 baltimore and miami, 2005 pittsburgh, 2006 pittsburgh.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Who is the Bills most marketable star?

Lee Evans?

Aaron Schoble (see..I can't even spell his name)

Honestly I think the only person on the Bills that the casual fan knows is Marv Levy. Maybe if they put Marv in the media box people will watch. Otherwise, I don't know.
Schobel is not marketable. One of the quietest and most humble guys in the league. But the staff is now looking at him to take on a leadership role. Could be our best player, but not really marketable.
The Losman-Evans connection is probably the only thing known decently widespread about our team, and we all know how misinformed people can be when it comes to Losman. A couple pro-bowlers as well, but they're either too quiet or too much a punter.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote