Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-06-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with that. It is going to be a very different feel 2 years from now. That's what makes the last two years so frustrating because we all know this team has the talent to win more SB's but we keep coming up short of even making it to the playoffs. Player for player you'll be hard pressed to find a roster as talented and as deep as ours.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It makes you appreciate our championship even more. It takes a lot to win a championship, everything has to fall in place perfectly. You need talent, health, good coaching, a good mix of youth and veterans, and some balls to bounce your way.

Honestly, I feel like this is our best roster since 08, we were too green before after losing Strahan, but our team has matured enough since then. If we can stay healthy, I like our chances.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope I didn't jinx it.

Forget what I said. We suck. Our oline is so old they get excited staring out the window, our RBs are thin and fumble, we run Tampa 2, and when it doubt, you can always depend on Kevin Gilbride to have a couple of WTF moments during a game that will cost us a W.

There.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Health has been the main factor in us winning. If our roster could ever actually stay together I'd have a lot less anxiety. I know it's football and players obviously get hurt but boy we get killed every year in at one position where there is nothing you can even do about it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-06-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I've long held the belief that we need a new strength and conditioning coach. Way too many strains and tears on our team. I think we're not stretching enough.

It's an educated guess, but it can't be a coincidence.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Garafolo is reporting that the Giants are interested in Poz. I am disappoint.

I really hope we don't, he's spoiled goods and he doesn't solve anything. All he does is prevent us from going after linebackers in the upcoming draft.

I dunno about this one guys.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you BBD, I have no interest in Poz.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We'll see. Garafolo is the best but maybe he's getting some bad info here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-12-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Garafolo is money though. I can't remember when he's been wrong about this kind of stuff.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

BBD, is Garo reporting this on Twitter? I don't see anything by him on nj.com.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-12-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading the article on his blog it more says Poz is interested in playing for us, rather then our interest in him. Is there another reference somewhere?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Poz. I don't want that bum on my team.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Sorry guys, it was a tweet from Garafolo that linked me to an article written by Zach Berman of the Star Ledger. So it's not really Garafolo reporting it. I should've read the author of the link, my bad.

Yeah, it sounds like Poz is interested, but we've heard for awhile now the rumors that we might look at him. Him publicly acknowledging interest in us just adds to the smoke.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I don't think Reese is really going to be interested. There's the Fewell connection but besides that not much else to go on besides Poz saying he'd be interested in us. What LB wouldn't be though with the DL and DB's we have.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-12-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, I hope we stay away. Our priority needs to be our own guys. I'd like us to keep as many of them as possible. Coffield is a goner, but everyone else needs to stay.

I'm disappointed that we were unable to move Coffield for a draft pick when we had the chance. Now we basically lost him for nothing.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well he had a great year for us last year and we got the best sack dance ever so I'm fine with it. He wants to stay also so maybe we can get him back somehow even though I don't expect it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-12-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya the Cofield dance see the sig. If we can keep him we should if it is not to expensive.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I want him back but only for the right price. I doubt it though, he's made it very clear he wants a big pay day, and I doubt we can give it to him. I doubt we want to give it to him, it doesn't seem like management feels he's worth that kind of contract, and I agree with them.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bah, I've never been a Poz fan so hopefully it's just rumor.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

To be fair to Poz, he isn't a bad player. He just doesn't solve anything for us. And he has very questionable health. It's just not a good fit.

I've always felt, if we're going to replace Goff, we need to do so with an athlete. Otherwise, there's no point.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hate Penn State linebackers, haha. Seems like they're super hyped in college and amount to nothing in the pros.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I agree completely. I hate Penn State LBs as well. So overrated.

I think Penn State players in general are overrated. I don't like how they translate to the NFL. Most wind up being mediocre.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Seems like it. I'm trying to think of the last really good Penn State player and no one is immediately coming to mind.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Seems like it. I'm trying to think of the last really good Penn State player and no one is immediately coming to mind.
Wake. And we let him go.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Wake. And we let him go.
Haha, that's true. Forgot that he went to Penn State. Heck, it even took him a go in the CFL before he got a chance, and he's not exactly a complete player as I recall.