Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-04-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://kotaku.com/5817874/report-the...otion-controls

Wow. Reports are coming in from hardware manufacturers that the PS4 will go into production this year for a 2012 launch...with Kinect style motion controls :/

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
publiccreate

This happened because a 80gb system is coming soon.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
http://kotaku.com/5817874/report-the...otion-controls

Wow. Reports are coming in from hardware manufacturers that the PS4 will go into production this year for a 2012 launch...with Kinect style motion controls :/
Well that's not very necessary.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Screw that. I want to keep using my PS3 for several more years.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha if that is true, Sony will have successfully stolen Kinect and Wii controls. I guess the real question is, why?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Haha if that is true, Sony will have successfully stolen Kinect and Wii controls. I guess the real question is, why?
Kinect is just a more advanced PSEye. Sony also was working on wii/move like controllers with the PSEye before the Wii was released.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have zero interest in the wii/kinect/eye stuff. I'll be sticking with my ps3 for a while.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup. The PS3 always had motion controls, but rarely used them.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Kinect is just a more advanced PSEye. Sony also was working on wii/move like controllers with the PSEye before the Wii was released.
That's irrelevant because the point I was making is that it's all just a load of crap.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's nice to have for the system to get casual user sales. Kinda like the BluRay player helped the PS3 early on (as high a price tag as the system carried, it was still the cheapest and best BR player).

For regular gamers like ourselves, we have nothing to worry about because Sony has always been consistent with the way they lean towards the hardcore crowd.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't feel like they've even touched the potential of the PS3 yet, so I really don't understand rushing the PS4 out already...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's nice to have for the system to get casual user sales. Kinda like the BluRay player helped the PS3 early on (as high a price tag as the system carried, it was still the cheapest and best BR player).

For regular gamers like ourselves, we have nothing to worry about because Sony has always been consistent with the way they lean towards the hardcore crowd.
Yeah I like that it means more money for the video game industry and couldn't care less if it exists as long as it doesn't deter from the hardcore industry.

PS3 is really coming into its own right now and it's a shame this didn't happen earlier in its life cycle.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We definitely don't need a new one so soon. I think sony is just trying to revenge microsoft since the 360 came out before ps3 and a lot of people waited in line and bought that.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Given the fact that Microsoft already started getting a team together for the next console it doesn't surprise me Sony is preparing too. They need to launch at a similar time and it can't help to prepare.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Sony learned their lesson with the PS3. I think they're anxious to get to the next gen to prove that they are superior. Devs just figured out how to program for the system efficiently, but it's probably too little too late.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:22 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah they get owned 2:1 on multi-platform titles which is not good at all given the fact that so many 3rd party games are doing so well lately. I still don't buy a PS4-2012 release. Seems way to early to me. Nintendo I get because the Wii is absolute trash now, but Microsoft and Sony really don't need to rush things.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:28 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with all yall I don't want a ps4 anytime soon as I'm still using my ps3 and loving it.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

I just got a job so now I might finally be able to grab a PS3 :\

Old 07-05-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I don't think any of that makes a whole ton of sense. The PS3 JUST started hitting it's stride this year. Going into making another console at this point just doesn't seem like a good idea. They should obviously be piecing together the tech and all that good stuff, but an aggressive release of substantially better hardware(I'm assuming and hoping that's the case) is just going to lead to another 599 US DOLLARS! thing. Major potential to alienate consumers early on and put them in a position where they have to win them back yet again.

2012 is just too soon. 2013 would be the better spot with a reveal at next years e3 IMO.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's irrelevant because the point I was making is that it's all just a load of crap.
It's relevant enough, especially for a forum. You said they stole the ideas, I was just providing the info to enlighten you that they weren't.

If Sony treats the PS4 release anything like the PS3 release, the PS3 will still get some love. God of War 2 didn't come out on the PS2 until after the PS3 was released. They still supported the PS2 very well. I can't imagine them not doing the same for the PS3. We could see some of the best PS3 games after the PS4 is already out.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 07-05-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
It's relevant enough, especially for a forum. You said they stole the ideas, I was just providing the info to enlighten you that they weren't.

If Sony treats the PS4 release anything like the PS3 release, the PS3 will still get some love. God of War 2 didn't come out on the PS2 until after the PS3 was released. They still supported the PS2 very well. I can't imagine them not doing the same for the PS3. We could see some of the best PS3 games after the PS4 is already out.
I'd still argue against that but it's really not worth it. The kinect is similar to the eye toy, but substantially different at the same time.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'd still argue against that but it's really not worth it. The kinect is similar to the eye toy, but substantially different at the same time.
The point is Sony didn't steal it. They had similar technology before Microsoft. Kinect is more advanced as I said, but just watch videos of people playing both. They essentially work the same.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Dead island video game looks intense

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
That Dead island video game looks intense
Yea, after ncaa, that's my #1 target until skyim, then gears3
Old 07-06-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
The point is Sony didn't steal it. They had similar technology before Microsoft. Kinect is more advanced as I said, but just watch videos of people playing both. They essentially work the same.
They work the same as a PS3 works like a Nintendo 64.