Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-06-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess i can put this in here too

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
anyone have a gamestop powerup pro card? if so care to PM me the account # and ID, i get 10% off you get free reward points

should be just as easy as copying the numbers on the back of the card

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
The point is Sony didn't steal it. They had similar technology before Microsoft. Kinect is more advanced as I said, but just watch videos of people playing both. They essentially work the same.
And yet blatantly choose not to use it. If they had originally thought it so great, I think they would have used it in the first iteration. Considering they aren't going to use until after the success of the Kinect, I'm going to assume the Kinect had a direct factor in the decision.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
They work the same as a PS3 works like a Nintendo 64.
They're both cameras, except Kinect can track 3d. They both track movement for input. As I said, it's just a more advanced Playstation Eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
And yet blatantly choose not to use it. If they had originally thought it so great, I think they would have used it in the first iteration. Considering they aren't going to use until after the success of the Kinect, I'm going to assume the Kinect had a direct factor in the decision.
What? The Eyetoy was originally released in 2003. A PS3 version was released in 2007. They've released less games for it just about every year. It wasn't a success so they added the controllers for Move. Kinect hasn't even been out a year. Move was released months before it. If they did copy anyone, it was Nintendo.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 07-07-2011 at 12:27 AM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
They're both cameras, except Kinect can track 3d. They both track movement for input. As I said, it's just a more advanced Playstation Eye.
I think that is what I said... It's a substantially more advanced version of an existing technology.

I also think Cigaro is right. If the rumours about Sony going into the hands free motion detection environment is correct, it is a direct result of the financial success being had by Microsoft.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that is what I said... It's a substantially more advanced version of an existing technology.

I also think Cigaro is right. If the rumours about Sony going into the hands free motion detection environment is correct, it is a direct result of the financial success being had by Microsoft.
We were arguing the same thing it seems lol. I guess I misinterpreted what you meant by "substantially different".

What do you mean by hands free motion? No controller? The PS Eye has that. The move is just a controller that is used with the PS Eye.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 07-07-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:29 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Move is a better version of the piece of **** tech that is Nintendo Wii!!

For what it's worth, I hate all game related Kinect and Move stuff. I like it in a supplementary role, but as the main controller I just don't see how it fits for a gamer who prefers the precision of a controller.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

For what it's worth, I hate all game related Kinect and Move stuff. I like it in a supplementary role, but as the main controller I just don't see how it fits for a gamer who prefers the precision of a controller.
This. For me,at least. I don't give a damn about all that wii,kinect,move tech.
I play games so I can sit down, relax and waste some time.
Most of the time I'm playing when the fam is down for a nap so I'm trying to be as quiet as possible too.
Like I said, that's just me. As long as the keep the original controllers then I'll be happy.
I also don't intend on buying a ps4 any time soon either. I love my ps3.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pre ordered my copy of Dead Island to get the bonus pack with it when it's released. Picked up Fall out 3 and Dragon Age yesterday too.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Dragon Age was awesome. I played it for the first time and got super bored so I threw it on the shelf for 4-5 months, picked it up again and loved it. My advice is pick a human character rather than an elf. A much better starting storyline.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dragon Age was awesome. I played it for the first time and got super bored so I threw it on the shelf for 4-5 months, picked it up again and loved it. My advice is pick a human character rather than an elf. A much better starting storyline.
The Origin storyline for the human was pretty good, but it's a shame there wasn't more than one background if you didn't want to play a Mage. Very good game though. Shame the second one couldn't live up to it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a tempting deal with the move +tiger '12. I'm gonna try and hold off as I've already got NCAA and Madden coming soon and christmas should see some better deals/price drops.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...gerMove_070811
Old 07-08-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been playing InFamouns a lot since I DLed it for free. It's probably one of the worst games I've ever played on ps3. The gameplay and controls are so awful. I can definitely say I regret getting it.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Been playing InFamouns a lot since I DLed it for free. It's probably one of the worst games I've ever played on ps3. The gameplay and controls are so awful. I can definitely say I regret getting it.
I couldn't disagree more with this. I think its a lot of fun, even though it's an old game and the graphics are outdated. The story is a little stupid but the gameplay is fun.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I didn't like inFamous at all either for some reason. Just not my cup of tea design wise, both from a gameplay perspective and aesthetically. The morality system was pretty damn stupid too, in my opinion. Games have evolved way past(or should have, anyway) the "press a to be good press b to be a dick" mechanic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-08-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I couldn't disagree more with this. I think its a lot of fun, even though it's an old game and the graphics are outdated. The story is a little stupid but the gameplay is fun.
The whole jumping and climbing onto things system is way too clunky. And the game is just repetitive. Oh well. it was free, i can't ***** too much.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started playing it, and it felt like a knock off. It doesn't look like a completed game, and the controls are clunky compared to games it's trying to emulate (Assassin's Creed).
Old 07-08-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I should break down and try Assassin's Creed if it's better than infamous.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I guess I should break down and try Assassin's Creed if it's better than infamous.
My advice would be to skip the first one. The plot is referenced a lot, but it's nothing you can't read a Wiki summary for and not pick up on. The first game has a LOT of bad design decisions and just general problems...and it's frankly a little boring on top of that. Really felt like a tech demo compared to the second one. Price on that one is a real good buy too at 17 bucks with around the same amount of hours of fun to be had.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 07-08-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is all this inFamous hate coming from.
I DL'd it for free (haven't played it yet) bc of all the love everyone was giving it here.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

I liked inFamous more than the Assassin Creeds. I'm currently playing through Brotherhood though and enjoying it a lot more than I did the previous 2.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I don't know, it just wasn't my thing. Granted, I disliked it so much I quit like three hours in...but when I think open world super hero game, I just don't think cover based shooting mechanics, which I got a healthy dose of. Just didn't deliver enough awesome moments for me. Even though it was a largely shallower experience, I enjoyed Crackdown a whole ton more. I didn't play nearly as much of it, but I also liked the action in Prototype significantly more.

Then there was the morality system...which was just really, really cheesy by today(or any day, really) standards.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-08-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I DLed inFamous and loved it. I did think that the two-option morality system was a bit cheap, but overall still a fun game.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The Origin storyline for the human was pretty good, but it's a shame there wasn't more than one background if you didn't want to play a Mage. Very good game though. Shame the second one couldn't live up to it.
I really hated the Mage Origin storyline...but I absolutely love Origins. I'm still pissed off about the sequel. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The inFAMOUS hate is surprising to me too. I wouldnt let the recent hate sway you from playing/purchasing it, however. Because it's actually a very well receieved game by critics and fans alike. I personally loved it.

edit...Also, I havent played in a while. But I distinctly remember loving the gameplay itself. And I had a blast running, jumping, and gliding around the city.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-08-2011 at 09:32 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I really hated the Mage Origin storyline...but I absolutely love Origins. I'm still pissed off about the sequel. :(
Join me in not buying the DLC then! It looks a bit better than Dragon Age 2(maybe just because it's not boring, drab Kirkwall), but I think the best way to voice dissatisfaction with it is hitting the game where it counts; profits.

...although that's already happening. The game sold great the first month then completely fell of Origins pace and ended up selling only decent numbers.

R.I.P. Junior Seau