Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-24-2011, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm having a Green Flash West Coast IPA right now. Very tasty.
Thats the best. They have a hoppy red ale that is also good.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Thats the best. They have a hoppy red ale that is also good.
I'm pretty sure I've had it before but yeah I do like it a lot. I also picked up the Great Divide Hercules Double IPA and that new Dogfish My Antonia. Dogfish also had another beer at the place I was but it looked to dark for a summer drink. I should have bought it though and kept for later in the year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I've had it before but yeah I do like it a lot. I also picked up the Great Divide Hercules Double IPA and that new Dogfish My Antonia. Dogfish also had another beer at the place I was but it looked to dark for a summer drink. I should have bought it though and kept for later in the year.
Great divide is also excellent. I've been drinking a lot of Southern Tier lately if I'm having good beer. Not sure if the guys out West can pick that up or not.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lately I can't fine beers that are hoppy enough for me so I've been going with as many IPA's as possible. It's weird.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just brewed a double IPA yesterday which should be ready to drink in a month or so. Should be 100+ IBU and around 7-8% ABV :D

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally, I won't have to drive 10-15 miles for a good pub/ale house!

http://www.congregationalehouse.com/
Old 07-14-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I still drink it but I drink crappy beer more often these days. Cheaper to get f'ed up.

Although anyone ever have anything by Hale's Ales out of Seattle. My gf just brought a 22oz of their IPA back from Seattle on a a trip. Going to have it tomorrow night.
Yeah . . . get some good, strong beers. Problem solved. See below for recommendation . . .
Quote:
Lately I can't fine beers that are hoppy enough for me so I've been going with as many IPA's as possible. It's weird.

Still my favorite. Stong as hell but still tastes like a real beer. 7% and delicious.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say that San Diego has some awesome breweries. The Green Flash West Coast IPA is one of my favorite, but it doesn't hold a candle to Stone IPA. Another very good brewery is Ballast Point, their Yellowtail IPA is very high on my list. Then there is also Port, Karl Strauss, Lost Abbey, and Coronado--those 4 aren't as good as the first three I listed, but they all have some damn good beers.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I will say that San Diego has some awesome breweries. The Green Flash West Coast IPA is one of my favorite, but it doesn't hold a candle to Stone IPA. Another very good brewery is Ballast Point, their Yellowtail IPA is very high on my list. Then there is also Port, Karl Strauss, Lost Abbey, and Coronado--those 4 aren't as good as the first three I listed, but they all have some damn good beers.
Also can't forget AleSmith, which is regarded by many as one of the best breweries in America. San Diego is pretty tough to top in terms of great breweries in one city.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The store I work at just got Firestone Walker Parabola. Is this something that I should want to try?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two of my big favorites of late have to be Two Brothers Domaine DuPage and New Holland Dragon's Milk.

If you ever get to Chicago or the surrounding area give the Two Brothers a try.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
The store I work at just got Firestone Walker Parabola. Is this something that I should want to try?
ZOMG YES! YES! YES!

edit: it's good.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Honestly not that big of a fan of Stone IPA (compared to other options - of course it's good).
Old 07-14-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bell's Two Hearted is a damn fine IPA. Too bad they don't sell it in Texas.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you guys are ever in monterey, california(pebble beach golf course,santa cruz, etc.), you have to old british pub in marina. dear lord their monterey wheat beer is something truly heaven sent! that is all

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Bell's Two Hearted is a damn fine IPA. Too bad they don't sell it in Texas.
It's the best.

And my big homebrew experiment will be opened Saturday...

A KIWI Extra Pale. I am stoked. I got some on my hand while bottling and that I was able to taste the kiwi was surprising.

I couldn't find that this has been attempted anywhere on the net, so I had to guesstimate the kiwi from kiwi wheats people have made. 15 pounds of kiwi, sirs. 15lbs.

Last edited by nepg : 07-14-2011 at 07:20 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's the best.

And my big homebrew experiment will be opened Saturday...

A KIWI Extra Pale. I am stoked. I got some on my hand while bottling and that I was able to taste the kiwi was surprising.

I couldn't find that this has been attempted anywhere on the net, so I had to guesstimate the kiwi from kiwi wheats people have made. 15 pounds of kiwi, sirs. 15lbs.
Care to go into details on how you used the fruit?

Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

What's your setup?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I just have two pails, a bottling pail, a 5 gallon pot, and a fish fryer (usually brew outside with friends).

I peeled the fruit and cooked it on low heat for awhile (didn't time it) to break down the cellular structure before pouring it into the bucket with the beer in secondary fermentation.

It took awhile to do all that, and it was close to $40 worth of fruit...people were looking at me funny in the grocery store. lol.

Really hope it turns out well. When sealed it in secondary, it started bubbling again and did so for 2-3 days... So the worst case scenario is this beer will knock you on your ass.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:16 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fiji homebrew ftw! **** tastes like juice but hits like tequila

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post

fantastic.
Oh yeah. Love Sweetwater. Hard to get though. The farthest north I've seen it is North Carolina. But when I'm in NC I always get some. They actually make a really good orange wheat beer. Which is not something I normally like, but I enjoy theirs.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

They are based out of Georgia. I had it for the first time in Atlanta maybe 5 years ago and instantly fell in love. The 420 IPA is also awesome. I always forget it exists, but anytime I'm down south it is always a great surprise when I'm reminded of their existence.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
apparently there *is* one good thing about being in atlanta... whoda thunk.
True. Atlanta kind of sucks. Although the Giants did beat the Falcons that year which was the reason for the trip.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Is that when Pierce obliterated Vick on a clean hit on the sideline but they called a personal foul anyway?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-15-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I just have two pails, a bottling pail, a 5 gallon pot, and a fish fryer (usually brew outside with friends).

I peeled the fruit and cooked it on low heat for awhile (didn't time it) to break down the cellular structure before pouring it into the bucket with the beer in secondary fermentation.

It took awhile to do all that, and it was close to $40 worth of fruit...people were looking at me funny in the grocery store. lol.

Really hope it turns out well. When sealed it in secondary, it started bubbling again and did so for 2-3 days... So the worst case scenario is this beer will knock you on your ass.
Good stuff! Hope it works out, thats an extra expensive homebrew.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Is that when Pierce obliterated Vick on a clean hit on the sideline but they called a personal foul anyway?
Yeah. It was semi dirty. Pierce admitted that. Vick got hit a lot that day. The Falcons were not competitive at all.