Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-19-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's other shows?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're not alone killx, I'm not a huge fan of the show myself. That's not to say it's a bad show by any means. In fact, I would say it is a good show, but much like Dexter I have never really been a fan of that particular genre or style.

(Please don't murder me!)
Old 07-19-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
You're not alone killx, I'm not a huge fan of the show myself. That's not to say it's a bad show by any means. In fact, I would say it is a good show, but much like Dexter I have never really been a fan of that particular genre or style.

(Please don't murder me!)
I actually agree with you, I'm not huge on Breaking Bad either. Its good and all, Ive just never found myself overly invested in the show. Its weird, because it seems like it'd be right up my alley, but...ehhh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No show will ever be universally liked, i actually remember watching the first episode of The Wire and not being very interested in watching more. Now, i may get killed for that, but if it means anything, i'd be willing to give it another chance after a few years.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are all dead to me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-19-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just started watching first season of chuck. Just an awesome show.I'm sure it will get better towards so3.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Just started watching first season of chuck. Just an awesome show.I'm sure it will get better towards so3.
Another Chuck fan, hooray!

It's my favorite show and it's definitely worth a watch through, but just so you know I already have dibs on Yvonne Strahovski. She is mine now and forever will be mine.

Just shut up Forenci, you're wrong, and I'm right.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fail to comprehend how someone could not like The Wire or Breaking Bad. Especially the Wire though.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I fail to comprehend how someone could not like The Wire or Breaking Bad. Especially the Wire though.
Ehhh there are bits and pieces of The Wire, especially earlier on, that play kind of slow. Not that I didn't love the hell out of it, but I can understand why some people might not care for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just not that big into cop shows, honestly. So I've never given The Wire a chance.
Also, it seems everyone loves Chuck, but every time I see a commercial for it, I always come away thinking, "This is the dumbest show ever".
(Yes, I'm aware that was an obsessive use of commas)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Chuck is entertaining fluff. Not as good as people make it out to be, but I enjoy it (although I haven't seen the last half of Season 4).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-19-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'm just not that big into cop shows, honestly. So I've never given The Wire a chance.
Also, it seems everyone loves Chuck, but every time I see a commercial for it, I always come away thinking, "This is the dumbest show ever".
(Yes, I'm aware that was an obsessive use of commas)
I've only seen a couple commercials for it, but the show is much better than the commercials.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chuck isn't anything special, it's fluff as Brodeur put it. Nothing wrong with that but it's just not something I'm into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Breaking Bad and along with Mad Men and Game of Thrones it is probably the best made show on TV, but there are several shows I enjoy more than both Breaking Bad and Mad Men despite how well they are made. Both are great shows and I watch both closely, but neither are close to my favourite shows.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Another Chuck fan, hooray!

It's my favorite show and it's definitely worth a watch through, but just so you know I already have dibs on Yvonne Strahovski. She is mine now and forever will be mine.

Just shut up Forenci, you're wrong, and I'm right.
Yea I just started watching seems alright and good entertaining to say this least.I would go buy the season just watch them via netflix or download.Should be a fun show otherwise.I'm bored watching anything else.Might watch Dexter after this series.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Yea I just started watching seems alright and good entertaining to say this least.I would go buy the season just watch them via netflix or download.Should be a fun show otherwise.I'm bored watching anything else.Might watch Dexter after this series.
Dexter is very entertaining, but don't expect anything more.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I really like Breaking Bad and along with Mad Men and Game of Thrones it is probably the best made show on TV, but there are several shows I enjoy more than both Breaking Bad and Mad Men despite how well they are made. Both are great shows and I watch both closely, but neither are close to my favourite shows.
I don't really enjoy any show more than Breaking Bad. I've seen every episode at least 3 times, and it's still extremely entertaining every time. It's not as easy of a watch as a Chuck or Dexter, but still.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-19-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You need patience to watch a show like Breaking Bad or any great show like it, Six Feet Under for example, but it definitely pays off.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Just turned on the ESPY's and saw Tebow giving out an award.Interesting.Wonder what awards he got.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to get back into Breaking Bad. I absolutely loved season 1 and 2 but I just haven't been up to date with it. :(

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I need to get back into Breaking Bad. I absolutely loved season 1 and 2 but I just haven't been up to date with it. :(
stay out of any thread related to it. you will get **** spoiled
Old 07-19-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
You need patience to watch a show like Breaking Bad or any great show like it, Six Feet Under for example, but it definitely pays off.
Meh. I find Breaking Bad to be thoroughly entertaining throughout.

Six Feet Under may require some patience...I'd even say the same for Mad Men. I just dont get Mad Men...it seems like nothing happens at all. I've only watched like half of season one, but I didnt get the love.

This said, I was never bored watching Boardwalk Empire. Which many claim is boring or too slow.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Dexter is very entertaining, but don't expect anything more.
ugh. Why not? It's rather poetic, really. And Michael C. Hall is money, in his attempts to show Dexter's emotion. Especially in the first season. His awkward alone time with Rita, is brilliant. And when he starts to actually feel and remember buried memories, the show really shines.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dexter is boss. Season three gets **** on a lot but it's still a quality show.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
ugh. Why not? It's rather poetic, really. And Michael C. Hall is money, in his attempts to show Dexter's emotion. Especially in the first season. His awkward alone time with Rita, is brilliant. And when he starts to actually feel and remember buried memories, the show really shines.
Because of Batista and LaGuerta. Also, the fact that they refuse to push the storyline any further outside of the S4 finale which had to be done because she got a job on a major network.

RIP TheManInBlack