Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sirius Radio Speculates Turner to the Bills

Like I said its just speculation but its a slow part of the year. With the Bills trading McGahee, The Bills might turn to the trade market and try to acquire Michael Turner. They speculated the Bills might switch first rounders with them or give them a 2nd rounder and future pick for the rights to Turner.

What do you guys think and do you possibly see it happening? Its pretty obvious A.J Smith isn't going to keep Turner and get nothing for him next year. It would also make sense as Smith used to work for the Bills
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
liquidswords
Rookie

liquidswords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

BUF will be better off keeping their picks and draft Lynch or AD if he slips to 12.

Xbox GT: LiquidSwords55
liquidswords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God i hate speculation.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
God i hate speculation.
lol Well at least I wasn't misleading!
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they do it becuase it would open the door for Lynch to go to Green Bay :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any team that trades for Turner has to sign him to a long-term extension, because he's an unrestricted free agent after 2007.

As someone who wouldn't offer an extension (given the current market price) until I could see him carry the ball for my team, I'm not too keen on the above as you can imagine. In fact, I'd likely look towards drafting a rookie instead - specifically Antonio Pittman, who I am personally big on (1st round talent imo).
Old 03-30-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um...

A big reason why they traded McGahee was because he was going to be FA and they would have to give him a new contract. Why would they trade for a guy in the same situation
Old 03-30-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

I think it's a better possibility that he stays than leaves

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Um...

A big reason why they traded McGahee was because he was going to be FA and they would have to give him a new contract. Why would they trade for a guy in the same situation
Turner and McGahee might both be FA next year, but McGahee sucked when he ran the ball, whereas Turner did not.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
Turner and McGahee might both be FA next year, but McGahee sucked when he ran the ball, whereas Turner did not.
But Tuner was in San Diego where as McGahee was in Buffalo.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Um...

I think the main reason they dealt McGahee wasn't because of the cost of the new contract, but rather that they didn't think the talent justified the cost, and McGahee was making a stink about the situation.

As for this rumor, if I'm Buffalo and I can get Turner by swapping first round picks, I take that chance. I still believe that RB is their biggest need, and this gives them a 25 year old RB that has good upside. Granted, their are risks, but there are risks with drafting a player as well. This lets them still have 4 picks in day 1. It's not certain that Patrick Willis will necessarily be there at 12, and WR value at 12 and late round 1 isn't that far off.

It seems like San Diego is targeting someone early. Guess here is safety, as it was questionable if someone was going to be there late round 1. Specifically, in that range, it'd probably be Reggie Nelson.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
But Tuner was in San Diego where as McGahee was in Buffalo.
Yeah his numbers are obvious inflated and you don't know how productive he'd be in Buffalo, but the Bills do know how McGahee played and that he was clearly not worth what the Ravens paid him.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
Turner ran behind a better OL against tired defenses, whereas McGahee did not.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Um...

You would have to think that the contract for Turner would be cheaper than what Willis would have demanded being as Turner is less proven than Willis and that a requirement for a trade would be that Turner would have a new contract the Bills would agree on before the trade.
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
WooWoo21
Rookie

WooWoo21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im a huge Bills fan and there has been a ton of specualtion about Turner lately, and frankly I hate it. He has looked amazing when he has played, but he has also played against defenses that had to deal with LT all day. If we swap first rounders with them then we miss out on Patrick Willis and Paul Posluzny which would kill me. If they would take a 2nd straight up Id be ok with it, but I dont see how he is worth swapping a 1st. If we dont trade for him then we would have a shot at this combo Wills or Poz, and Pittman. The only thing I can see them doing if we swap 1st rounder is drafting Beason later in the round. I guess they have to decide if they want Turner/Beason or Posluzny(Willis)/Pittman.

Here to convert the Bills Haters of the World.
WooWoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Side point, but I think there's it's 50/50 between Beason and Posluszny as to who goes ahead. There's a chance that both are gone. As of now, it seems that Timmons is the 4th horse ... but he could be an extremely intriguing option at 30 for the Bills if they do deal down.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would you risk your 1st or 2nd round pick on a Michael Turner when you could easily draft a Marshawn Lynch, Kenny Irons, or a Tony Hunt. All this speculation about Turner is getting out of control not to mention for what Schaub got in a trade I'm sure the Chargers might have greater expectations for what they will want for him. Personally I rather draft a Kenny Irons in the 2nd and get the more of impact player with the 12th pick.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
WooWoo21
Rookie

WooWoo21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Why would you risk your 1st or 2nd round pick on a Michael Turner when you could easily draft a Marshawn Lynch, Kenny Irons, or a Tony Hunt. All this speculation about Turner is getting out of control not to mention for what Schaub got in a trade I'm sure the Chargers might have greater expectations for what they will want for him. Personally I rather draft a Kenny Irons in the 2nd and get the more of impact player with the 12th pick.
Although I hate both Irons and Hunt, I agree with you about not giving up or swapping a 1st for Turner. I mean we got two thirds for Mcgahee and he has had two 1,000 yard seasons, what has Turner really done?

Here to convert the Bills Haters of the World.
WooWoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Falcons got mid-first value for Schaub. I think, comparatively, late first/early 2nd value for Turner would be fine in regards to expectations.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

No way do I do this if I am the Bills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really see this as a risk at all. Turner has all the great tools to be a successfuly RB, he just needs his own franchise. Swapping first-rounders is a cheap price, and if it happens I can't wait to draft him in fantasy!

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooWoo21 View Post
Although I hate both Irons and Hunt, I agree with you about not giving up or swapping a 1st for Turner. I mean we got two thirds for Mcgahee and he has had two 1,000 yard seasons, what has Turner really done?
Turner has been an excellent running back. Give him a chance as a starter and I could easily see him get 1400+ yards

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Me either. For the points already made. In all honesty what is really known about Turner that makes him worthy of trading down that many slots ?
He's only shown that he can run very well against worn down defenses...not a feat, that I believe couldn't be handled by 1/2 of the
backup backs in the league.
Taking an ILB who could start for 8-10 years makes way more
sense than taking a RB who could start for 4-8.
Plus Kenny Irons, Michael Bush, Antonio Pittman....there are alot
of 2nd and 3rd down RB's that could be as serviceable as Lynch would be
(I still see Peterson going top 10)
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that would be stupid if Buffalo would do that

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

interesting....

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote