Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 07-25-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's just one of those things in life that would be too good to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, would people rather have Ocho rather then just taking Moss back, I think I might prefer Moss to Ocho tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Also, would people rather have Ocho rather then just taking Moss back, I think I might prefer Moss to Ocho tbh.
Based on how quickly Moss was dumped last season, I think it's safe to say he won't be back again. Seemed like Belichick wanted him out ASAP, presumably because he was about to become a disruption. It also seemed like the offense was more efficient without all of the low-percentage/Randy ratio throws. I think Ochocinco could be pretty good here - he is a friend of Belichick's and should know New England would be his last real opportunity to win something before he retired, similar to what motivated Corey Dillon coming over from the Bengals. I probably wouldn't bring him in via trade, but if/when he's cut by the Bengals he could come in and have something to offer here.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason Moss was ousted was because he was purposely becoming a distraction. I think he still needs to cool off a bit, but I could see them letting him come back if his attitude has changed from when he was with Tennessee.

Really think Chad Johnson is the better route, though. That guy wants nothing more than to play with the Patriots. He already gets it.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots to release CB Tony Carter

The Patriots have informed CB Tony Carter that they will be releasing him. The Patriots are estimated to save $480,000 of Carter's $490,000 salary. Carter was projected to get lost in the shuffle considering New England's depth at CB.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh nooooo!!!!!!!!! lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn thats a huge hit to our secondary lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Patriots sign Maryland TE Will Yeatman

Yeatman is 6'6" but weighs only 270 pounds, making him a candidate for the practice squad. He played tight end in college but projects as an offensive tackle in the NFL. The Patriots have historically shown interest in TE/OT conversions, notably Tom Ashworth, Steve Maneri, and Nate Solder. Yeatman was a college lacrosse player, which might endear him to head coach Bill Belichick.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Boston College LB Mark Herzlich signs with New York Giants

This isn't exactly Patriots-related, but considering Herzlich was a local favorite on the boards, I thought it was worth mentioning. It was rumored last night that Herzlich would be signing with the Ravens, but instead, he will be joining the Giants, where ex-Boston College coach Tom Coughlin is the top dog. I see this as a good decision for Herzlich - joining a stable, winning organization that could use his help.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Patriots sign Nevada DE Ryan Coulson

The Patriots have reportedly signed undrafted Nevada DE Ryan Coulson to a deal. Coulson recorded 55 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss, and 3.5 sacks last season for the Wolfpack. He measured in at 6'3" and 243 lbs. at his pro day. He was named a defensive team captain last year, and projects to try and make the transition from 4-3 defensive end to 3-4 outside linebacker.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Just a note - I will only be posting the snippets on official news, not sure whether or not some of the UDFAs from yesterday are official yet, which is why I haven't commented on them.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the updates!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RavenOfProphecy again

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to get crazy up in here!!

The next 10 days will be totally headspinning. I'm pretty stoked, even though we won't do a damn thing. lol

Can anyone explain the cap hit / penalty structure? I can't understand why everyone, everwhere keeps predicting Ocho's release. The Bengals exercised a team option to keep him this year. They could have let him walk - paying him 4M - but exercised the option and now have him rostered for 2011 @ 6M. I don't see any sense in exercising the option if they will then release him. Unless the league year / cap penalty / structure makes it a better move to keep him and then cut him, the Bengals seemed locked into either keeping or trading Ocho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Charles Johnson is a guy who intrigues me. He doesn't have a lot of height but that hasn't been a huge selling factor when it comes to our pass rushers lately. He doesn't have 3-4 experience but I think he could do it, he is very athletic and is probably the best pure rusher on the market. We haven't really had his name come up either so that makes him a more likely candidate then guys we've discussed like Kiwi and Lawson.
Carolina has a ton of solid FA players set to hit the market. Unfortunately, they also have a ton of $$$ they must spend and all rumors/reports have them calling it a priority to sign their own guys.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TBC to be cut.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
TBC to be cut.
Linkage;
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...to-be-released

Merry football everyone. Tully probably gets far more flack around these parts than he deserves(I'm probably as guilty as anyone, if not the guiltiest), but he was never the player we were asking him to be and that became apparent in a big way last year.

Count me in the camp that is excited about Kettani, if he finds a way to make the roster. He was a heck of a ball carrier at Navy and could also lead block with the best of him. Might end up being an afterthought, but he well could end up being a real find for us too. Been awhile since we had true fullback.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 07-26-2011 at 11:18 AM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Patriots sign Illinois DE Clay Nurse

The Patriots have reportedly signed undrafted Illinois DE Clay Nurse. Nurse measured in at 6'2" and 261 pounds at his pro day, running a 4.98 in the 40 yard dash. Last year, he totaled 23 tackles and four sacks, as well as blocking two kicks. He had 5.5 sacks in 2009, and is projected to try and make the transition to 3-4 outside linebacker.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Patriots will release LB Tully Banta-Cain

Shortly after getting word that he would miss the next four or five weeks due to a recent abdominal surgery, the Patriots have announced that they will release linebacker Tully Banta-Cain, who recorded just five sacks last season. Banta-Cain was mostly used as a pass rushing specialist in the team's sub package, but did not find the same amount of success he did in 2009, when he totaled almost ten sacks. Releasing Banta-Cain is projected to save the Patriots $2.3 million, and they will be responsible for paying him another $2.2 million or so. His role in the sub package appears to belong to Eric Moore now, at least temporarily.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Patriots will release LB Tully Banta-Cain

Shortly after getting word that he would miss the next four or five weeks due to a recent abdominal surgery, the Patriots have announced that they will release linebacker Tully Banta-Cain, who recorded just five sacks last season. Banta-Cain was mostly used as a pass rushing specialist in the team's sub package, but did not find the same amount of success he did in 2009, when he totaled almost ten sacks. Releasing Banta-Cain is projected to save the Patriots $2.3 million, and they will be responsible for paying him another $2.2 million or so. His role in the sub package appears to belong to Eric Moore now, at least temporarily.
One prediction down. lol
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Anyone else interested in signing Jason Taylor? I feel like he would provide an upgrade over Banta-Cain in the sub package. Probably not worth playing in the base defense, but as a defensive end on obvious passing downs I think he could provide some pressure for us.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Anyone else interested in signing Jason Taylor? I feel like he would provide an upgrade over Banta-Cain in the sub package. Probably not worth playing in the base defense, but as a defensive end on obvious passing downs I think he could provide some pressure for us.
Meh. Would much rather go after Roth or someone similar.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 07-26-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thanks to Jason Taylor. If you think TBC was bad, wait until you see a washed up JT.

Mr. 8 5 is more than welcome in NE, but I am afraid he's going to require a current WR to be cut. We already have a lot of WRs who don't contribute on special teams...
Old 07-26-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Patriots agree to terms with West Virginia LB Anthony Leonard

Leonard is an inside linebacker who also has some experience as a 4-3 strongside linebacker. His measurables (6'1", 254, 4.89) aren't anything special, but he had a productive senior season, with 70 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, and one sack. He is considered unlikely to make the final roster.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Anyone remember what Mankins was offered before?
Interested to know what a deal for him might add up to/
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 07-26-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Mankins will sign his franchise tender and report to work this week.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
ESPNís Adam Schefter reports that Mankins will sign his franchise tender and report to work this week.
The most surprising piece of news I've heard all day

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote