Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Of course, but lets put it this way. Aso didn't become a top 2 corner in this league because of his ability to play zone. Spending huge money on him by any team that runs zone for the majority of their coverages just doesn't seem like the best use of their funds. Especially now that we are back in the salary cap era.
Of course. Aso should be in man coverage all game if not most. I would like to think that whoever signs him will adjust their coverages to take advantage of his talent though.

Some teams run a lot of zone out of necessity, not choice. When you got a guy who can shut down a #1 WR with no help, it dramatically impacts the type of coverages you can run, so you'd like to think they'd adjust their coverages to take advantage of his talent.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Thank you!
+1. A lot of Buc fans don't even know that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Well, after watchin the Mark Dominik press confrence i doubt we resign Barrett Ruud. Anybody wants him... ?.. Yeah ... i didn't think so.
+1

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Did Atlanta even contact him? It would be hard to turn down an offer to be on a good team like that. Unless he wants a shot as a starter or something.
If I was an UDFA, I'd be out for number one. Why would you want to go to a good team, really? You're aim is to make that team. I'm searching high and low for a team with a crap RB situation. Year after year, we see undrafted players end up starting games in their rookie years, because they landed in an ideal positional situation.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Of course. Aso should be in man coverage all game if not most. I would like to think that whoever signs him will adjust their coverages to take advantage of his talent though.

Some teams run a lot of zone out of necessity, not choice. When you got a guy who can shut down a #1 WR with no help, it dramatically impacts the type of coverages you can run, so you'd like to think they'd adjust their coverages to take advantage of his talent.
While that should be the case, I don't think its always true. Too often you coaches take over a team and implement their scheme regardless. Whether they're trying put square pegs in round holes or not.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
While that should be the case, I don't think its always true. Too often you coaches take over a team and implement their scheme regardless. Whether they're trying put square pegs in round holes or not.
That's true. That's my main issue with so many coaches. They are so stubborn sometimes.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Did Atlanta even contact him? It would be hard to turn down an offer to be on a good team like that. Unless he wants a shot as a starter or something.
They drafted Jacquizz Rodgers in the 5th round.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I still think there's almost no chance he leaves Carolina, but good to know we're going after him. I don't buy the whole "Ray is overrated, only good because of that DL" argument as much as everyone else seems to, but I'd definitely rather get Charles Johnson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I doubt we will hear much of anything about Ray Edwards in the coming seasons. I've never thought he was very good.

Slightly above average DE. Nothing less, nothing more. He'll get you 8 or so sacks a year with solid run D. I wonder if he still thinks he's going to break the single season sack record.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tavaris Jackson to the seahawks...hopefully only as the third string QB
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post

I don't mean to imply that Jackson isn't atrocious but you act as if he's considerably worse than what they already have. At least after Hasselbeck leaves.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
http://www.950kjr.com/pages/seahawks_top_stories.html

Ah Hawks fans, prepare yourself for jump passes into triple coverage, swing passes that hit the RB in the feet, and the constant "deer in headlights" facial expression.

Sayonara T-Jack. lol

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

The jump pass will indeed be greatly missed. He was on to something there I think.
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They drafted Jacquizz Rodgers in the 5th round.
Ahhh gotcha.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey Wiegmann back wioth KC for 1 year.good mentor for Rodny Hudson
Old 07-26-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Casey Wiegmann back wioth KC for 1 year.good mentor for Rodny Hudson
We needed another center. With this short offseason, you can't go into the season expecting a rookie center to be ready to start. Hopefully he still has something left.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
If I was an UDFA, I'd be out for number one. Why would you want to go to a good team, really? You're aim is to make that team. I'm searching high and low for a team with a crap RB situation. Year after year, we see undrafted players end up starting games in their rookie years, because they landed in an ideal positional situation.
That's a good point. Probably why Blount didn't sign with us last year and went to Tampa instead. Paid off for him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason La Canfora
More from NFL Network: Vikes and Skins have parameters of a deal for McNabb but agreeing on financial terms with him could be tricky...
Old 07-26-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

If we can figure out something reasonable financially I'm for it. Ponder behind our horrible pass blocking line is how busts are made.

McNabb could have a small comeback too, Washington is the worst situation for a QB ever, and if we can bring back Sidney we still have very good offensive weapons. Although I would say Rice is probably as good as gone.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of Leinart rumors to Seattle as well

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enjoy T-Var, Seahawks.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
A lot of Leinart rumors to Seattle as well
Why the hell not, right? A lot of people thought Carroll spurned him last year, sign him up. Then they can sign Reggie. **** yeah.

Even Wuerffel got his shot under Spurrier for the Skins. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schefter reporting there's a deal in place between Washington and Minnesota for Donovan McNabb

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, it looks like the Panthers have just re-signed Charles Johnson according to PFT.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Final figures for non-exclusive franchised plyrs: Phil Dawson $3.175M, Tamba Hali $10.091M, Logan Mankins $10.116M, Vincent Jackson $11.424M
Old 07-26-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dont know if posted, but the Eagles have confirmed that they wont re-sign any of their 15 unrestricted FAs. So Mikell is a free man.

As are Stewart Bradley, Jerome Harrison, Omar Gaither, David Akers, Dmitri Patterson, Ernie Sims, Reggie Wells, Nick Cole, Sav Rocca, Max Jean-Gilles, etc.

I wouldnt mind Dallas taking a look at Cole, Wells, or Jean-Gilles honestly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TJax/Clipboard Jesus in Seattle...almost as bad of combo as Beck/Grossman in Washington. Yikes...