Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When is this trade going down?

DRC + 2nd round pick to the Eagles for Kolb just about makes sense right now.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Reid needs to give it up.

He's not getting a 1st round pick for Kolb. I doubt he gets any better deal than he got for McNabb.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle signing Tavaris Jackson drops his price a little bit more

i expect nothing more than 2 2nds for him

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Seattle signing Tavaris Jackson drops his price a little bit more

i expect nothing more than 2 2nds for him
2 2nd's is basically a 1st.

Honestly, DRC and a Day 3 pick is as much as I'd be willing to part with.

Heck, honestly, I don't know if I'd give that much for a QB who really isn't considered an elite qb or didn't show the potential of being one.

I'd give a 4th/5th conditional pick with incentives that can reach to as high as a 2nd. Nothing more for an unproven QB who showed a ton of inconsistancy and no ability to stretch the field.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
When is this trade going down?

DRC + 2nd round pick to the Eagles for Kolb just about makes sense right now.
Wow that would be highway robbery. I would just offer a second round pick for him straight up.

Matt Cassel who had more on his plate in terms of being proven was traded for a second round pick and Mike Vrabel.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DRC and a 2nd? Sweet Jesus.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
DRC and a 2nd? Sweet Jesus.
When the Cards win the NFC West next year and get back to the playoffs nobody will even dream of questioning them for giving up their #2 CB (they have a shutdown corner in Peterson so they really don't need DRC anymore) and a future pick.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When the Cards win the NFC West next year and get back to the playoffs nobody will even dream of questioning them for giving up their #2 CB (they have a shutdown corner in Peterson so they really don't need DRC anymore) and a future pick.
I think the Rams will take the division this year pal.

Plus, Peterson isn't a shutdown CB, he hasn't played a down in the NFL. heck, he got owned by Julio Jones and AJ Green, when Jimmy Smith completely shut down AJ Green when he was matched up on him. Peterson is better suited as a FS in this league, just like Antrelle Rolle. I wouldn't trade DRC.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have fun trying to throw on DRC/Peterson...that sounds like a much better proposition, than overspending on Kolb. Try to get Orton for cheaper, he could certainly get the ball to Fitz, or look elsewhere if it would cost that much for Kolb, who is no sure thing either.

I dont like the whole idea of...oh, they have Peterson, they dont need DRC. How about keeping both and having one of the better CB situations in the league?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Have fun trying to throw on DRC/Peterson...that sounds like a much better proposition, than overspending on Kolb. Try to get Orton for cheaper, he could certainly get the ball to Fitz, or look elsewhere if it would cost that much for Kolb, who is no sure thing either.

I dont like the whole idea of...oh, they have Peterson, they dont need DRC. How about keeping both and having one of the better CB situations in the league?
100% agree. You don't have to give up a key defensive player if you go after Orton, who is a better option that Kolb anyways.

Remember, Orton is still young, but it's going to be hard for any QB going to a new team this late and try and grasp the offense.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still very much doubt DRC will be included in a trade

Leinart also signing with Seattle so they are out, not sure who if any team would be going after Kolb/Orton besides AZ now

Old 07-26-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I think the Rams will take the division this year pal.

Plus, Peterson isn't a shutdown CB, he hasn't played a down in the NFL. heck, he got owned by Julio Jones and AJ Green, when Jimmy Smith completely shut down AJ Green when he was matched up on him. Peterson is better suited as a FS in this league, just like Antrelle Rolle. I wouldn't trade DRC.
He did? Julio had 6 catches for 51 yds. YAAAAAY

and they didnt even play Georgia this year so what the **** are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

Quote:

Because CBs, and not QBs, win you Super Bowls, right?
Old 07-26-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Because CBs, and not QBs, win you Super Bowls, right?
Uhhh....didnt I say to acquire Orton for less? Orton who is actually a proven QB?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DRC and a 2nd?
Would be a steal for the Eagles.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Would be a steal for the Eagles.
Without question. lol.

They say they've lowered their demands to a 1st now.

I wouldnt even pay that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They say they've lowered their demands to a 1st now.
HAHAHAHAHA.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

Quote:
Uhhh....didnt I say to acquire Orton for less? Orton who is actually a proven QB?
Kyle Orton is a mediocre game manager at best who had one nice (half) season in Josh McDaniels' system. He is a known quantity at this point. He will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world.

Kevin Kolb, on the other hand, despite what *you* think of him, has the potential to be that kind of player. He still has potential that Orton does not have. This might be the last chance the Cardinals have at acquiring a potentially elite QB, short of tanking the season completely in hopes of getting Luck next year.

Kyle Orton will simply not win you a Super Bowl. Kevin Kolb *might*. In the NFL, your job as GM is to put your team in the best position to win a Super Bowl. Nothing is certain about anyone, but Kolb gives you a non-negative chance of taking your team there, whereas Orton does not.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Kevin Kolb, on the other hand, despite what *you* think of him, has the potential to be that kind of player. He still has potential that Orton does not have. This might be the last chance the Cardinals have at acquiring a potentially elite QB, short of tanking the season completely in hopes of getting Luck next year.
I laughed.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kyle Orton is a mediocre game manager at best who had one nice (half) season in Josh McDaniels' system. He is a known quantity at this point. He will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world.

Kyle Orton will simply not win you a Super Bowl. Kevin Kolb *might*. In the NFL, your job as GM is to put your team in the best position to win a Super Bowl. Nothing is certain about anyone, but Kolb gives you a non-negative chance of taking your team there, whereas Orton does not.

i have that kind of potential too. as a matter of fact, i think im slightly more likely to become a great nfl qb over kolb, and i can be signed as a free agent, no trading needed. my starting asking price is 5mil/year, hell ill go cheaper even if it helps the team. pretty sure ill be getting the call any minute from the cards.
your bolded is sig quote material, you gotta be ****ing me if you think kolb has brees/brady/manning potential.

orton has proven he can be a solid qb in a good situation, who has had one good half year of football but for the most part has been mediocre.
kolb has proven that he sucks huge nuts in a good situation, has never had a good anything and was brutal the last time he saw action.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

A non-negative chance? Okay. Trading away a pro bowl caliber CB and a 2nd rounder...is actually quite the risk indeed. Especialy for an unproven QB, who many "experts" are split on. They already have two of the most exciting CB prospects to come along in quite some time, in house. They could potentially have an extremely formidable pass defense, for a long time. With Fitz and their RB talent, they're a game manager type away from having a pretty good offense. And Orton, while not a star, is more than that. He is an enormous upgrade over anything they had at QB a year ago. And fully capable of playing great football with their supporting cast. And the odds are better that Orton would get them to the playoffs in year one, then Kolb would.

There is nothing wrong with acquiring Kolb. The problem would be, getting taken to the cleaners in such a deal. DRC and a 2nd would be incredibly lop-sided. So the benefits of having two excellent young corners and that 2nd. Kind of outweigh the opposition. Especially, if Orton could be had for say, just a 2nd. The price for Kolb has to be right...because there is necessary risk involved. I wouldnt even trade DRC for him straight up. I'd rather give them a 1st...and even that is too rich in my book.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-26-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

where are you getting that from, his price is no where near that high

Old 07-26-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
where are you getting that from, he price is no where near that high
Just responding to his post about how DRC and a 2nd makes too much sense.

I know his price tag isnt that high at all...but I felt the need to respond.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

Quote:
A non-negative chance? Okay. Trading away a pro bowl caliber CB and a 2nd rounder...is actually quite the risk indeed. Especialy for an unproven QB, who many "experts" are split on. They already have two of the most exciting CB prospects to come along in quite some time, in house. They could potentially have an extremely formidable pass defense, for a long time. With Fitz and their RB talent, they're a game manager type away from having a pretty good offense. And Orton, while not a star, is more than that. He is an enormous upgrade over anything they had at QB a year ago. And fully capable of playing great football with their supporting cast. And the odds are better that Orton would get them to the playoffs in year one, then Kolb would.

There is nothing wrong with acquiring Kolb. The problem would be, getting taken to the cleaners in such a deal. DRC and a 2nd would be incredibly lop-sided. So the benefits of having two excellent young corners and that 2nd. Kind of outweigh the opposition. Especially, if Orton could be had for say, just a 2nd. The price for Kolb has to be right...because there is necessary risk involved. I wouldnt even trade DRC for him straight up. I'd rather give them a 1st...and even that is too rich in my book.

In 2007, Houston traded two 2nd round picks to the Atlanta Falcons for backup QB Matt Schaub, who was basically in the same position as Kevin Kolb is right now, with about the same body of work at the time.

Those two 2nd round picks eventually turned into players Justin Blalock and Fred Davis. Who would you rather have right now: Matt Schaub or both Justin Blalock and Fred Davis? You have to remember that eventually draft picks have to turn into players, and when they do, they usually don't turn into All-Pros.

The point is that having a franchise QB is the most important thing in the *entire* game of football. It's far more important than Pro Bowl CB, or even 1st and 2nd round picks that may or may not turn into decent players. Even if those picks turn into All-Pro players, it won't mean anything if your team doesn't have a franchise QB. Giving the Eagles a decent, but not spectacular player such as DRC and maybe a 2nd round pick is a *tiny* price to pay for the ability to potentially acquire a franchise, Schaub-like QB.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

All I'm saying is, mark my words, calling it now: If the Cardinals give up a 1st round pick or DRC and a 2nd for Kolb, then go ahead and sign him to a ridiculously fat contract, THEY WILL REGRET IT because HE"S NOT THAT TYPE OF PLAYER.