Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 06-21-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Doubt emerges about Waters’ future in Kansas City

I could see this I think Asamoah is ready to start now.
i can definitely see it happening. although i wouldn't like our depth for the OLine at all and i think the Chiefs will have to spend a lot of money to get back within the cap. they may need his 5+ million against the cap this season to help. remember, staying within the cap is why the Chiefs front loaded most of Cassel's money. they needed him to count alot against the cap to stay within the basement. especially since they are talking about the cap floor being very close to the cap ceiling. no more 90%
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey Wiegmann Coming Back To Chiefs On One-Year Deal

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/7...fs-free-agency

I'm happy now they don't have to force Rodney Hudson in to a starting role.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peace-out, Rudy. Feel bad for him...he did so much for the players and the community...
Old 07-27-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breaston to KC! Such a good move!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Breaston to KC! Such a good move!
Amazing to look at our WR corps now compared to January. We have so many weapons now. Hopefully we address RT and NT in the next few days. I can't wait to see this team on the field.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder why we haven't heard ANYTHING about Aubrayo Franklin. I hope it's because he's coming here!

Old 07-28-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Peace-out, Rudy. Feel bad for him...he did so much for the players and the community...
Hopefully they can still find a way to bring him back. I like him as a reserve with his experience and versatility. Having Asamoah, Hudson, and Niswanger as the reserves seems pretty ideal to me.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
Amazing to look at our WR corps now compared to January. We have so many weapons now. Hopefully we address RT and NT in the next few days. I can't wait to see this team on the field.
RT is fine. I don't get the Barry Richardson needs to go schtick. He played great early in the year and was solid overall. He made a couple stupid plays, but he's a high-ceiling RT. I don't see them bothering trying to replace a guy like that.

NT...we'll see what they do... Franklin is a good fit, but so could be Brandon Mebane (he's also much younger).
Old 07-28-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs released WR Chris Chambers.

Can't say I'm shocked.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also cut Waters, tonight. Asamoah will get his chance to start.

kinda makes the depth at the interior OLine weak. i think we'll be adding some depth there in the next few days.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I was saying, Niswanger is great, experienced depth on the interior. I haven't looked at the list of free agents but it's hard to imagine there being anyone better than Niswanger available.

Will miss Brian Waters. Dude was a warrior for the Chiefs for a long, long time.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I'm shocked by the Niswanger love. I thought we all wanted to run him out of town a couple of years ago (I know I did). I would rather us try someone.

Waters was such a great player for us for a long time. Him and Roaf on the left side of the line was dominating to a point we will likely not get to see again in our lifetimes. I hope he goes outside the division because I will have a hard time ever cheering against the guy.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I would not mind Niswanger back as depth he is just not a starter by any means.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Titans pick up Shaun Smith

This really sucks. The Chiefs are going to have no depth what so ever on the DL.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Like I was saying, Niswanger is great, experienced depth on the interior. I haven't looked at the list of free agents but it's hard to imagine there being anyone better than Niswanger available.

Will miss Brian Waters. Dude was a warrior for the Chiefs for a long, long time.
I'd say just about the opposite of everything you said about Niswanger...

I like him as a person and as a guy who never plays because he's smart and can help other players, but you can throw a rock and hit a better player for a cheaper price.

They have 2 centers and a guard who can play center. So they really just need a PS guy to hang around camp at C. Aside from that, they need a guard and an OT for depth at this point and they're done with the OL (super easy moves to make).

With Shaun Smith AND Ron Edwards gone, I'm now also on the NT wagon - obviously. I say go after Mebane. He's 5 years younger than Franklin and is more worthy of the long-term investment. Then they need one more guy who can play the position in a pinch as a buffer between the starter and Powe.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd be fine with Mebane, but I'd much rather target Franklin. I wouldn't say that age is a huge concern because I'm assuming these guys will be stop-gaps anyway while Powe learns the NFL game and Franklin is the better player.

Either way, get us some damn DL depth Pioli!

Old 07-29-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm really bumbed about losing Shaun Smith.

I thought he played well last year and could play both NT and DE.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'd say just about the opposite of everything you said about Niswanger...
I'm not shocked, we rarely agree on anything football related.

The Chiefs are going to have some serious struggles on defense if they can't get something worked out on the defensive line. They've got one proven guy in Dorsey, a major bust (thus far) in Jackson, and rookies and no name guys. I'm wondering if the Chiefs are regretting passing on Phil Taylor and some of the other defensive linemen in the draft right now.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Third-round selection LB Justin Houston is the lone Chiefs draft pick without a contract.
He does know he was drafted in the 3rd round right? Sign a deal all ready.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:00 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

especially with the new rookie wage scale. it's already determined his highest and lowest pay. it seems pretty simple now. hope this isn't a sign of whats to come. 1st round talent, 5th round head?
Old 07-30-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gonna be honest not liking the Gregg deal at all.Franklin IIRC is younger and does'nt Gregg have some injury concerns?I seem to remember him being hurt alot.KC Cheaps strike again
Old 07-30-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

T-Rich, not everything is the end of the world like you make it out to be. The Gregg signing is not bad.. he's a good player and he has some left in the tank. Regardless of whether or not he is signed, we need more DL depth anyway. I don't think Franklin is completely out of the picture so calm down.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I love the Gregg pick up this is a Pioli move for sure. He is a stop gap but a great fit and a good locker room guy.

I would like to get Franklin sure but I think some people are overrating him. He would be a up grade but he is far from a GREAT player.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I love the Gregg pick up this is a Pioli move for sure. He is a stop gap but a great fit and a good locker room guy.

I would like to get Franklin sure but I think some people are overrating him. He would be a up grade but he is far from a GREAT player.
Gregg is better than a stop gap. Granted he is getting on, but he was the Raven's starter from 2002 on. At the very least he should be as good as Edwards was last year. In the meantime Powe is on board, and has a top quality player to learn from, rather than a journeyman. For what he is worth, Toribio is still around. Maybe he learned something last season.

J

PS Gregg is also a Kansas native.
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I don't see how anyone can complain about Gregg... He's an upgrade and keeps their options open.