Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
thats mine. amazing how mcnair can go through injuries at what 33 now?
Amazing how Favre can go through injuries at what 37 now. Not saying Mcnair isn't tough but if you are going with a QB there it has to be Favre.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Amazing how Favre can go through injuries at what 37 now. Not saying Mcnair isn't tough but if you are going with a QB there it has to be Favre.
The only reason I really put McNair is because I didn't want to put Favre. :p

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Who is the fastest player in the NFL? Michael Bennett
Who is the Strongest player in the NFl? Larry Allen
Who is the most intimidating player in the NFL? Brian Urlacher
Who is the smartest player in the nFL? Matt Birk
Who is the toughest player in the NFL? Brett Favre
Who is the Mr.Clutch in the NFL? Tom Brady
Who is the biggest playmaker in the NFL? LaDainian Tomlinson

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
The only reason I really put McNair is because I didn't want to put Favre. :p
Ok, now i want some explaination from the guy that put Chris Simms. I'm hoping that it was a joke, but am not completely sure.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Didn't he play (or try playing) with a ruptured spleen ?
I know losing your dad is hard and playing the day after is harder, but
seriously...the dude was bleeding to death internally.
that has to count for something.

(in regards to Chris Simms)

One of my favorite players of all time was Jack Youngblood.
because he broke his leg on the 1st play of the Rams playoff game
(don't recall when or where...but it was late 70's) he wasn't sure if he'd ever get another shot to play for the Super Bowl, so he played the entire game with the break in his leg. He had it reset after every other play.
I'm not sure if this was even real or just folklore...because I was 5...hell maybe I dreamed it up.
I think it's a true story..and I"ll go see if I can find a link, ...if it holds up, he is still one of my heroes.

Last edited by Severe Punishment : 03-30-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

That's one of the reasons I like Justin Harrell so much. He got a season ending bicep tear but couldn't miss his final game against Florida so he played the next game with that injury. I have a lot of respect for players like that.

Designs by D-Unit

Old 03-30-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Youngblood

Evidently it was a fractured left fibula....simply amazing.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
How is Vince Young football smart? Decision making is not his strong point.
He threw when he had to and he ran when he had to. Made good throws when he had to.

Made a lot more good decisions than bad ones thats for sure.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
He threw when he had to and he ran when he had to. Made good throws when he had to.

Made a lot more good decisions than bad ones thats for sure.
Is that why he had more INT's than TD's and completely only half of his passess?

Designs by D-Unit

Old 03-30-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is the fastest player in the NFL?
Deangelo Hall
Who is the Strongest player in the NFl?
Larry Allen
Who is the most intimidating player in the NFL?
Ray Lewis
Who is the smartest player in the nFL?
Peyton Manning
Who is the toughest player in the NFL?
Brett Favre
Who is the Mr.Clutch in the NFL?
Adam Vinatieri
Who is the biggest playmaker in the NFL?
Ed Reed
Old 03-30-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
cardsalltheway, was that a joke for Mr. Clutch? Spare me the SB MVP with his sweet 1 TD and 2 pick performance. Manning is definitely un-clutch.

Who is the smartest player in the NFL? Peyton Manning (grudgingly picks Manning)

Who is the Mr.Clutch in the NFL? Tom Brady/Adam Vinatieri (The guy just wins)
Manning only threw 1 INT in the Super Bowl, and he has actually led his team FROM BEHIND in a big game on his team's final drive (see: AFC Championship Game). When has Brady ever done that? When has Brady ever led his team back from 21 down on the road in 4 minutes against the defending World Champions? What has Brady ever done beyond two field goal drives in tie games to earn the "clutch" title? The one time he's been put into a situation where he had to lead his team from behind in a big spot in which his team needed a TD, he wound up throwing the game clinching INT. Sounds really "clutch" to me.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Manning only threw 1 INT in the Super Bowl, and he has actually led his team FROM BEHIND in a big game on his team's final drive (see: AFC Championship Game). When has Brady ever done that? When has Brady ever led his team back from 21 down on the road in 4 minutes against the defending World Champions? What has Brady ever done beyond two field goal drives in tie games to earn the "clutch" title? The one time he's been put into a situation where he had to lead his team from behind in a big spot in which his team needed a TD, he wound up throwing the game clinching INT. Sounds really "clutch" to me.
Peyton also has the most comeback wins in the last three seasons I believe. He single handedly won games for this team earlier this season because of it's horrible defense. I can agree to disagree with someone who says that he just isn't the most clutch, but saying that Peyton isn't clutch is very ignorant.

Designs by D-Unit

Old 03-30-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yah i think you can get rid of that peyton cant win the big game thing now
Old 03-30-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ALthough i am a homer, you got to believe over the past year, chris simms was the toughest player
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Is that why he had more INT's than TD's and completely only half of his passess?
As a rookie who was just thrown into the mix. Yeah, he won at least 4 games for the Titans by putting the team on his back.

Just give the man his props already.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only 1 person listed John Henderson as most intimidating? He gets my vote!
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
As a rookie who was just thrown into the mix. Yeah, he won at least 4 games for the Titans by putting the team on his back.

That doesn't mean he's smart.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment
Evidently it was a fractured left fibula....simply amazing.
Not taking anything away from the guy, but you don't even need your fibula at all to walk. I know this because I have no fibula in my left leg. Most of your body weight and stress is put on your femur(thigh bone), tibia(shin bone), feet, and joints(knee/ankle). So its not an amazing feat that he was still playing, especially since it was a fracture, which isn't a full break. Not to mention any pain killers he may have taken or wraps he put on. Not wanting to play the role of Debbie the Downer though. Its still a pretty cool story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
How is Vince Young football smart? Decision making is not his strong point.
He's referring to the wonderlic test. Vince Young totally bombed that stupid test, and Alex Smith did quite well on it. Yet Alex Smith had a poor rookie season, and Vince Young has a great one. He's not really saying Vince Young is a great decision maker. Just that book smart and football smart don't always go hand in hand, which I think most of us can agree with. But I'm not sure if the OP was asking who had the most football smarts in the NFL, or who had the highest GPA in college.

Steve Smith - Just his football speed, nibleness, and the fact he needs to be triple covered make me lean towards him. Just my opinion, tho, as I know is pure speed, he's not the fastest.

Who is the Strongest player in the NFL?
Larry Allen - He seems to be the popular pick.

Champ Bailey - Not the most initimidating looking, but how many QB's are comfortable throwing to his side of the field?

Who is the smartest player in the NFL?
Peyton Manning - He knows that offense inside and out, and calls audibles at ease. His play on the field shows that.

Steve McNair - I know Brett Favre is the Ironman and has the most consecutive starts for a QB, but watching Steve play in Tennessee and carry that team while often injured, I was obligated to put him.

Andre Caldwell... Not really. Tom Brady/Adam Vinatieri - Both should share this, cuz without either of these two players at the end of those Super Bowls, they wouldn't have won.

Who is the biggest playmaker in the NFL?
LaDanian Tomlinson - NFL rushing TD record. League MVP. Need I say more?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 03-30-2007 at 11:43 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

Quote:

That still doesn't make him football smart.

Designs by D-Unit

Old 03-31-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Ok, now i want some explaination from the guy that put Chris Simms. I'm hoping that it was a joke, but am not completely sure.
Simms is very tough, but read the explanation, it was a joke.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:39 AM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

On field speed I'm gonna go with Reggie Bush

Who is the Strongest player in the NFL?
I guess Larry Allen

Sean Taylor puts on the biggest hits and looks nasty in uniform

Who is the smartest player in the NFL?
Since everyone is saying Peyton Manning, I'm gonna go ahead and say Chad Pennington. His cerebral skills make up for his lack of arm strength and is really the only reason he is successful.

Brett Favre

Tom Brady

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bennybee38
Rookie

bennybee38 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I believe Bennett ran a 4.13 if i'm not mistaken...
Bennett was clocked running a 40 yard dash in 4.27 in his pro day workout at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
bennybee38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to hear some arguments from those that have somebody other than Brett Favre as the toughest player in the NFL. He is the toughest son of a ***** out there and he's under center every Sunday and plays his a$$ off. He has his consecutive game streak which is over 200 some games and he just keeps on a goin'

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is the fastest player in the NFL?Jerome Mathis
Who is the Strongest player in the NFl?Larry Allen
Who is the most intimidating player in the NFL?Ray Lewis
Who is the smartest player in the nFL?Peyton Manning
Who is the toughest player in the NFL?Brett Favre
Who is the Mr.Clutch in the NFL?Tom Brady
Who is the biggest playmaker in the NFL?Devin Hester

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is the fastest player in the NFL? Michael Bennett

Who is the Strongest player in the NFL? Larry Allen

Who is the most intimidating player in the NFL? Ray Lewis

Who is the smartest player in the NFL? LaDainian Tomlinson

Who is the toughest player in the NFL? Pisa Tinoisamoa (Played with a completely dislocated elbow, and a broken hand last year.

Who is the Mr.Clutch in the NFL? Adam Vinateri

Who is the biggest playmaker in the NFL? Steve Smith

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote