Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's a passing league, and you win with elite pass defense. If the Jets get Aso, that will be huge.

also it would suck
Old 07-27-2011, 09:32 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Smith is a better wr, adds wildcat, and bears love those types of players. He's arguably a better K returner too. K. Not p.
Yeah too bad the Bears have a bunch of guys at WR.. and I mean just some guys.. they need a dominant #1 especially for Cutler.

Smith helps I guess but not a whole lot.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:32 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With free agency about to hit the 24-hour mark, the Jets are the only team that has been linked to Asomugha. He may be willing to take less to play in New York for a contender and players such as Mark Sanchez are reportedly willing to restructure their deals to make it work. There is a major chance that the two best corners in the league will be lining up across from each other next season
-Lombardi

I hate Lombardi, but honestly with all his pro Aso to Jets tweets, I am starting to get an erection every time I see his name.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Yeah too bad the Bears have a bunch of guys at WR.. and I mean just some guys.. they need a dominant #1 especially for Cutler.

Smith helps I guess but not a whole lot.
I agree with you. Im just trying to look at it from their perspective. If I were them I'd look into a tall wr. To me that just makes sense considering their QB but the Bears have a consistent philosophy in terms of valuing specials and speed-over-size.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Jets still lack talent and depth at DE to allow for an average talent of OLBers they have to attack the qb...so i don't understand how adding Aso makes their defense so much better.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
it's a passing league, and you win with elite pass defense. If the Jets get Aso, that will be huge.

also it would suck
They have two elite CB's and a good NB in wilson, but they dont have anything at safety and a mediocre passrush.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah clearly.. Bennett, Knox and Hester are all quick.

I would think Braylon would be a good fit...maybe even Plax.
Go Amare.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
the Jets still lack talent and depth at DE to allow for an average talent of OLBers they have to attack the qb...so i don't understand how adding Aso makes their defense so much better.
This too, they are in dire need of a passrusher

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-27-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have a valid point, but how does pairing the two best corners in the league not improve you're defense whatsoever?

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
They have two elite CB's and a good NB in wilson, but they dont have anything at safety and a mediocre passrush.
Jim Leonard (is he a free agent?) is a pretty good player.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

being reported that the Jets have re-signed Santonio Holmes to a 5 year deal
Old 07-27-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texans beat writer says they are in on Aso. However, they too will have to do a lot of cap work to be able to afford him. Logically, nyj has advantage then.

I'm wondering about santo io and bal. That relates to the Aso sweepstakes as well. Wonder if bal s interest is real bc was might be out of it.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
This too, they are in dire need of a passrusher
Rookies Wilkerson and Ellis are the starting DE's with Pouha as their starting NT. That d-line does not look promising.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Jim Leonard (is he a free agent?) is a pretty good player.
well i mean he broke his leg, and although he is a good player, he gets beat just off of sheer height advantage (he's only 5'8'')

I do believe that the jets have at least 2 other FA safeties

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-27-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing people forget about this DB duo is that the Jets had a pretty good DB opposite Revis last year too. Cromartie may not be on the same level as Aso but he's not far off. If they really wanted to improve this defense they would improve their front seven.

As far as their team I would think it more important to keep targets like Holmes and Edwards for Sanchez would be more important to continue in the aiding of his progression.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Smith is a better wr, adds wildcat, and bears love those types of players. He's arguably a better K returner too. K. Not p.
He is probably a better kick returner. But I wouldn't say he is a better receiver. Here are his yearly receiving stats.

2006: 9 receptions, 61 yards
2007: 32 receptions, 325 yards, 2 TDs
2008: 12 receptions, 64 yards
2009: 7 receptions, 63 yards
2010: 4 receptions, 44 yards

Devin Hester had two seasons (2008 and 2009) that were better than Brad Smith's entire career. You could argue Hester's 2010 season (40-475-2) is as good as Smith entire career. I know stats don't tell the entire story. But when the discrepancy is that large, it is hard to ignore. You can say that the Jets had better receivers so Smith didn't get the opportunities, and you would be right. But 23 receptions, 171 yards, and no TD in the last three seasons? That is terrible.

And once again, if the Bears implement the wildcat, I'll be furious. It is an idiotic scheme because the defense knows what the play is. Even though Smith was a very good college QB, he has attempted a grand total of 7 passes his entire career from the wildcat. 99.9% of the time when a team lines up in the wildcat, they are going to run the ball. Defenses have figured it out and it will no longer be successful. I guarantee that no team that runs the Wildcat will EVER win a Super Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets inked Holmes to a 5 year deal lets see what they have left and lets not forget that in 2 years they have to resign Sanchez if im not mistaking so money wise it could be very interesting.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
You have a valid point, but how does pairing the two best corners in the league not improve you're defense whatsoever?
because this is a more complex league than it once was. Simiply having the 2 best CBs in the league doesn't mean you're unstoppable. TEs, RBs, 3rd and 4th WRs all have important roles too. HCs and OCs can do a lot of different routes to confuse a defense.

As I said above, their run defense looks rather weak in a divison that likes to run the ball. (MIA, BUF, somewhat of NE)
Old 07-27-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
because this is a more complex league than it once was. Simiply having the 2 best CBs in the league doesn't mean you're unstoppable. TEs, RBs, 3rd and 4th WRs all have important roles too. HCs and OCs can do a lot of different routes to confuse a defense.

As I said above, their run defense looks rather weak in a divison that likes to run the ball. (MIA, BUF, somewhat of NE)
^ this. Its not that it wouldn't improve the D but as I stated before, it's not like you had a terrible CB opposite Revis last year. In fact you had a #1 CB on almost any team that doesn't have a Revis or an Aso. So in reality this move wouldn't improve your D that much more than last year, meanwhile, improving the front 7 would make a noticeable difference

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 07-27-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 07-27-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _YL_ View Post
Jets inked Holmes to a 5 year deal lets see what they have left and lets not forget that in 2 years they have to resign Sanchez if im not mistaking so money wise it could be very interesting.
He's making $14m this year. So he's already taking his share of the cap.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No you're right it does not make them unstoppable. But Rex Ryan has been getting 110% out of that defense with lesser guys adding Aso definitely helps. The Jets also drafted Wilkerson and Kenrick Ellis for the D-line. Do I expect them to be All-Pros year one? No, but still more improvements along that defense.

I am not too worried about the Jets in the AFC East. Unless the Dolphins get a QB they're a middle of the road team, the Bills are, well the Bills, and the Pats are definitely more pass heavy than run heavy.

I do think the Pats win the division again though.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Nothing about the jets d is "weak.". Lol you guys are nuts to insinuate that focusing on Nnamdi isnt wise. They still have pace, harris, pouha, scott, wilkerson. Not to mention EVERYONE want to play for Rex.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
He's making $14m this year. So he's already taking his share of the cap.
I believe that trying to keep some of the talent they have and not breaking the bank on an Aso is a smart move for the Jets (as much as I hate to admit they are right)

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 07-27-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason La Canfora believes Gaither will sign with Oakland.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:58 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Man that would be pretty legit...he needs to work on his run blocking but he clearly can start from day 1.
Go Amare.