Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't heard any talk about Vince Young. He is better than some of these quarterbacks going to new teams. I think Washington and San Fran should look at him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:10 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just tweeted this, and meant to do it earlier when it occurred to me, but if the 3 years/$21 million contract Matt Hasselbeck is reported to have gotten is correct, he'll be making less annually than Kerry Collins did when he re-signed for 2 years/$15 million after the 2008 season (KC's had $8.5 million guaranteed; still no word on Hass's guaranteed money). And although Hass got that coveted 3rd year, his contract is backloaded with a good bit of money in that 3rd year - means they can cut him after two years, pay substantially less than the actual sum of the contract, and turn things over to Locker.

But, that mostly illustrates how much the Titans overpaid for Collins more than it does them underpaying for Hasselbeck, sooo... I just thought it was neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Yeah, Colledge is the LG, correct?
I do believe so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Haven't heard any talk about Vince Young. He is better than some of these quarterbacks going to new teams. I think Washington and San Fran should look at him.
The Titans haven't officially released VY yet, but it should happen tomorrow. I hope he gets another shot. He actually played the best he ever has last year, and at Week 8 he had the Titans t-1st in the AFC South with a 5-3 record and were 1st in points scored. Then he and Kenny Britt got injured, and our offense suddenly developed Down's Syndrome somehow. Which is just weird, considering VY is the stupid one, but he leaves and whoosh, 2+2=chair.

VY... :'(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:11 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OP updated.

I think a QB with as big mental issues as his it'll take some time for teams to want to sniff him out but he's not officially available yet either.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:21 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
San Francisco? I don't think so. I'd rather have David Carr back. F Vince Young.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:23 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Adam Schefter's twitter: Washington trades Albert Haynesworth to the New England Patriots for a 2013 5th round pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Per Adam Schefter's twitter: Washington trades Albert Haynesworth to the New England Patriots for a 2013 5th round pick.
They do it yet again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:26 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure Redskins fans will be pissed if Haynesworth returns to his dominant form.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:29 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't particularly get this move unless New England is gonna turn around and spin him to the Eagles for a better pick. Although with Wilfork as the nose, Albert will get to play DE and get after the QB which is really all he wants to do...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:38 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boom or bust for Haynesworth without a doubt.
But for a '13 5th, I can't complain that much.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:46 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is nothing like the Moss trade. If I hear one comparison I'll kill someone. Moss was already a near Hall of Famer for his position with a bad year or two. He never not passed a conditioning test, never laid down on the field, had more than 3 dominant years. It's no even close.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:48 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
This is nothing like the Moss trade. If I hear one comparison I'll kill someone. Moss was already a near Hall of Famer for his position with a bad year or two. He never not passed a conditioning test, never laid down on the field, had more than 3 dominant years. It's no even close.
It is similar in the sense that BB has done this a few times. He takes local malcontents and turns them into probowlers.

Dillon,
Moss,
Haynesworth?
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 07-28-2011, 05:52 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I don't particularly get this move unless New England is gonna turn around and spin him to the Eagles for a better pick. Although with Wilfork as the nose, Albert will get to play DE and get after the QB which is really all he wants to do...
I really doubt that NE will be able to trade him to the Eagles. Washington does not want to have Big Al anywhere near Philly. I think this will be kinda based on that he isn't sent to them or they will have to give up a big pick or pay a fine. This probably is similar to when Green Bay sent Farve off to the Jets. They couldn't send him to the Vikings in a trade.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:59 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
It is similar in the sense that BB has done this a few times. He takes local malcontents and turns them into probowlers.

Dillon,
Moss,
Haynesworth?
the malcontentness(is that a word/) is the only similarity. Dillon and Moss lack of production for that one year or two was more of the situation they were in, not scheme, not their volition. Haynesworth was the only one at fault, not the scheme, not Shanahan, etc. That is the point i am making.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell I'll take the risk of a fifth for Haynesworth, can't really get any worse for us with the pass rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

If you want to talk about scheme, yes the Pats run some 4-3 looks. But it is not a gap penetrating type scheme.
Quote:
Old 07-28-2011, 06:08 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

It is worth the risk, but omgzzz BB is a GENIUS!!
Quote:
Old 07-28-2011, 06:08 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
@evansilva
Evan Silva
So for the rest of today do we get to hear how brilliant the #Patriots are for acquiring Haynesworth? #Raiders would be crucified for this.
Bad scheme fit plus effort and motivation issues. Not a great deal. But his contract restructure makes it pretty risk free. Could be Moss, could be Adalius Thomas.

Last edited by asdf1223 : 07-28-2011 at 06:12 AM.
asdf1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:10 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
If you want to talk about scheme, yes the Pats run some 4-3 looks. But it is not a gap penetrating type scheme.
I've been saying awhile now BB is moving more towards a Heavy 4-3. There is personnel there to run it. A big reason why BB implemented the 3-4 was that he had no competition in the draft for 3-4 players. That time is gone. Maybe we see alot more 4-3 out of NE.

Wilfork+Haynesworth at DT in a 4-3 makes me smile.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 07-28-2011, 06:46 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots going for Babin or Edwards then? Who knows. Still no outside pash rush. Jermaine Cunningham is more of a 6-8 sack guy then double digits.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:52 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ugh. i can't believe all it took was a 5th. having albert haynesworth laying down on the field every play for a fifth round pick would've been better than whatever we had playing on the DL last year (which, because we actually had *players* on the DL last year, is better than what we currently have this year). at least a rb might've tripped on his fat ass.

and what's worse is listening to smug, douchebag patriots fans in denver crow about him now.

i can't wait to not sign any DTs this offseason. maybe we can play an everyone-on-the-edge scheme, and just pray that no team ever figures out how to run between the tackles.
In Denver????
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 07-28-2011, 06:53 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know you can say no risk since it's just a conditional 5th, but let's be real Albert is just as likely to destroy the locker room and start a media war against his coach and teammates than he is to return to form. I know the whole BB is the one guy who can keep him in line argument but Haynesworth is what he is. When two of the classiest veterans who never speak out like London Fletcher and Vonnie Holiday trash Haynesworth publicly you really know he's an awful human being. Obviously I'm pissed at the money wasted and lack of compensation but not having his cloud over the team truly alleviates some negativity from the team. Haynesworth isn't like a TO type who is blatantly and loudly annoying, Haynesworth is worst he brings a lazy attitude, constantly makes annoying comments then goes to the media and plays the humble/victim role. I wish I could say I wish him success like I do for D-Mac but unfortunately I don't at all. I hope he continues to fail and that has nothing to do with the fact that he's on the Patriots. BTW none of this even considers the lack of fit. If anything for my own content at least the Skins are continuing to value draft picks instead of give them away. We cleared 5.4 mil in cap by trading him, that money could definitely land us a NT who will actually play or maybe help us keep Rocky McIntosh, Jamaal Brown, or outside shot Carlos Rogers.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think he is astonished that there are fans of the pats in denver

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:58 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i can't wait to not sign any DTs this offseason. maybe we can play an everyone-on-the-edge scheme, and just pray that no team ever figures out how to run between the tackles.
Hadn't you heard?
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:59 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i don't know if you're suggesting that all patriots fans are smug douchebags (and thus, that i didn't need the 'in denver' qualifier) or asking if i live in denver...
I didn't realize Denver had any decent fans is all.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 07-28-2011, 07:07 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In other words, NE traded the approximate value of a late 2012 6th RD pick for Albert Haynesworth.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote