Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 11-23-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.
Default Free Agent Losses Plus draft

With pending loses of these players.
Fat Pat
Brett Favre
Chad Greenway
Ben Leber
Ray Edwards
Sydney Rice

Who do we keep? And who should be replaced?

Personally after some review here are some Free Agents I'd like to see possibly become replacements.

I hope we keep Sydney Rice but he has only one healthy season under his belt I dont see any reason to get over excited about him. Some big names are likely to become free agents Holmes Edwards Breaston. I like the thought of resigning Rice for resonable amount and signing Breaston or Jackson or bring back moss.

Greenway shouldnt go any where But Leber might.
Edwards is probably gone but i think we addressed it well last year with Everson Griffith.
Fat Pat is probably gone Christian Ballard in the second round would be excellant replacement.

Some other interesting names
Darrin Sproles would give us the thrid down back we need
Kyle Orton would be a great stop gap.
Michael Bush is a player who is under appreciated
Steve Breaston is a good solid player who doesnt get alot of press and maybe come cheap.
Mark Clayton would be another upgrade of a solid receiver

The draft i hope we focus on these positions
1.QB
2.OL
3.Safety
4.LB
5.WR
6.CB
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My short wish list is to keep Greenway, Rice and Leber is still playing pretty well. Not really sure about Ray Edwards.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see the team keeping Rice and Greenway. I think Edwards and Leber will leave in Free agency, and Williams and Favre will both retire.

With that being said, the positions we address in the draft look like this...

1. QB
2. LB
3. DE
4. DT

I think a lot of the younger talent may step up and take some of the open positions. But I would like us to take a QB in the first round and an LB in the second round.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I see the team keeping Rice and Greenway. I think Edwards and Leber will leave in Free agency, and Williams and Favre will both retire.

With that being said, the positions we address in the draft look like this...

1. QB
2. LB
3. DE
4. DT

I think a lot of the younger talent may step up and take some of the open positions. But I would like us to take a QB in the first round and an LB in the second round.
I think we'll re-sign Greenway long term, it will cost us quite a bit more with the season he's having versus had we done it last year though. Rice, I see us bringing back, but I'm not sure if we'll just franchise tag him or not though. He just hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy enough to give a big chunk of cash to him long term yet. Leber is a solid all around player, I think there's a good chance he's brought back, especially if we keep Frazier as the head coach. Edwards will depend big time on how much money he wants, and it seems like he's gonna want quite a bit, and may have missed his chance to get that after last year's playoffs with the CBA running out forcing him to be a RFA.

I think we'll all have QB as our #1 need. After QB, I want OL help big time. We really need help along the OL especially if we're gonna be bringing in a rookie QB. S is a huge need, I'm so, so sick of seeing dropped INTs and Madeiu whiffing on tackles or doing the mirror drill into the end zone with Tate or Jennings. After that, I'd say some depth along the DL and I love Travis Lewis at LB, not sure if he comes out though.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My draft wishes are QB, then OL, then S/DB. Then maybe LB and DL.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB is obviously the most important position for us to address. Offensive line is a big one as well, and then our secondary needs help. If we go QB first round, then we can just take BPA in the second at DB, OL, or DL and I would be happy. I don't really want a linebacker too early, unless he is clearly BPA. If we don't get a QB in the first, then I don't really care who we get, as long as it is BPA. I just want an elite player in the first round.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:46 AM    (permalink
jonechen

enjoy here

--------

One Tree Hill DVD 1-7
True Blood DVD 1-3
Old 01-12-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greenway is a must sign.

Rice would be nice, but I don't know if the Vikes pony up for him considering his injury history.

Pat Williams still has value, but if his contract demands are too high, let him walk.

Edwards, I expect to be gone. After not signing him to a long term contract last offseason, I don't think he'll come back.

Leber would be nice, and shouldn't be too expensive.

Another FA is Brian Robison. Considering his value as a situational pass rusher, he should be resigned.

QB: A veteran free agent is needed. Hasselbeck? McNabb?
RB: Third down back. Fortunately, there's plenty set to be FAs. Sproles, Addai (although perhaps too expensive), Ricky Williams, Tim Hightower, Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk, and Mewelde Moore all fit.
WR: Depends on if Rice is signed.

Draft: Biggest question is if Frazier considers Webb to be a future starter. If not, QB early is a must. If he does, QB later in the draft. Beyond that, OL, DT, and DB all need to be infused with youthful talent.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Imrighturwrong
Rookie

Imrighturwrong hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
With pending loses of these players.
Fat Pat
Brett Favre
Chad Greenway
Ben Leber
Ray Edwards
Sydney Rice

Who do we keep? And who should be replaced?

Personally after some review here are some Free Agents I'd like to see possibly become replacements.

I hope we keep Sydney Rice but he has only one healthy season under his belt I dont see any reason to get over excited about him. Some big names are likely to become free agents Holmes Edwards Breaston. I like the thought of resigning Rice for resonable amount and signing Breaston or Jackson or bring back moss.

Greenway shouldnt go any where But Leber might.
Edwards is probably gone but i think we addressed it well last year with Everson Griffith.
Fat Pat is probably gone Christian Ballard in the second round would be excellant replacement.

Some other interesting names
Darrin Sproles would give us the thrid down back we need
Kyle Orton would be a great stop gap.
Michael Bush is a player who is under appreciated
Steve Breaston is a good solid player who doesnt get alot of press and maybe come cheap.
Mark Clayton would be another upgrade of a solid receiver

The draft i hope we focus on these positions
1.QB
2.OL
3.Safety
4.LB
5.WR
6.CB
If I was in the front office I would resign Greenway, Leber and Rice.
I'm not sure what the free agency pool looks like for the whole league, but besides Von Miller, who is expected to go third overall, The draft is kind of lagging in top LB's. Greenway and Leber are both good players that are still improving, Defensive leaders, and fan favorites. Resigning one of them is a must, both would be great.

Same with WR's in free agency, I'm not sure who will really be out there. It has now been proven that if Rice can stay healthy he can play on a top level, that's the problem though, he has trouble staying healthy. So is he worth the risk of spending money on then being injured half the time? I think so. I guess it's really up to zygi, rick and company though. lol
Imrighturwrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Well I know there are Viking fans bummed out that the Seahawks got our most explosive offensive weapon Tavaris Jackson(tsk tsk) but I can't say I blame them for signing our 69 year old kicker (tsk tsk) and then there is Sydney Rice who has to lead Robert Smith right now as the greatest injury prone player of all time.
But seriously would any of these guys help us win this year?
Donavon McNabb for tavaris jackson? Yeah ill take that trade
im sure rices departure had as much to do with that stunt he pulled last year surgery right after training camp as any money situation,
let's get ap locked up move some money around and get another solid reciever maybe a lb and safety and roll the dice
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote