Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 07-06-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post

Sorry, but I can't agree with you here. The dude played in the SEC not the Conference of the Little Sisters of the Poor or something. Many of the players he went up against are in the NFL today. So this just doesn't jive.
He also played against 18 - 22 year olds. The players in the NFL bigger, stronger, and more knowledgeable about how to play football.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Okay guys, Rookie Wage Scale sounds like it's going to be going in, how much better does our trade look now than it did before? People everyone going insane talking about how much cash we were giving up for a wide out, now, we're looking at an extremely reasonable contract that's going to free us up even more in free agency.

Talk about foresight here, way to go Tommy D! I mean the dude straight up beasted the NFL draft with the move to pick up Julio, and after all we've read about Julio so far I think the kid is a stud in the making.

But back to Free Agency, the window is going to be extremely short on Free Agency this year, so I fully expect to see us hit quickly and pull in a big name. I'm not sure if it's going to be CJ or Aso, but I know we are ready to win now, and if the coaches believe that Biermann is the dude, then it's possible we bypass CJ and go with Aso, but my #1 choice would be CJ.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we get either honestly, and I would be fine with that. I still have high hopes for Biermann.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I don't think we get either honestly, and I would be fine with that. I still have high hopes for Biermann.
Biermann just doesnt seem like a guy thats gonna settle for just mediocre, he works too hard for that, just look at him since he was drafted out of freakin Montana in the 5th, I mean for 1 he made the team, 2, he became a starter and due to a great training camp ppl expected a big season. Give him this year to see how much he learned in a starters role and then we can discuss it, Id love a CJ, but like Bos said, Biermann didnt suck but he wasnt great either.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We aren't getting Aso and paying him north of 16 million a season. That's ridiculous. It's going to be Charles Johnson or Ray Edwards. And it will most likely end up being Ray.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
We aren't getting Aso and paying him north of 16 million a season. That's ridiculous. It's going to be Charles Johnson or Ray Edwards. And it will most likely end up being Ray.
This is my thinking as well. Both Aso and Johnson will command too much money. Although I prefer johnson, ray edwards would be a fine consolation prize.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRWRTR View Post
This is my thinking as well. Both Aso and Johnson will command too much money. Although I prefer johnson, ray edwards would be a fine consolation prize.

See, I think we'd be willing to pay CJ, but I think this whole "right of first refusal" thing along with a cap floor is going to keep him a Panther.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

If he's serious about wanting to win I don't see him resigning with carolina, I'm not saying that he ends up as a Falcon. I'm saying he won't stay in carolina.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRWRTR View Post
If he's serious about wanting to win I don't see him resigning with carolina, I'm not saying that he ends up as a Falcon. I'm saying he won't stay in carolina.
I think he's serious about making money. The fact that he put it out there that he really wants to win will only make the Panthers try that much harder to get him to come back, in the process maybe even give him a little more than they should.

He turns 25 today btw.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 07-18-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Alright, we all know TD drafts based on future drafts and free agents etc. He's gotten our cap into such good shape that with 121 million dollar cap, we're sitting at 88 million.

I think TD was planning on making a big spend at the defensive end position for a couple seasons now, and he was preparing for it, and honestly he may have been prepping cap space to be able to do it next year, but it may be Christmas come early here for TD and the Falcons. So I fully expect us after re-signing all of the key players from our own team, we'll end up being about 20 million or so under the cap. That would give us plenty of room to swing as big as we wanted in free agency and get someone like a Zach Miller, but also pull in Charles Johnson.

I know he's a Panther, and if he does end up staying there, I'm going to hate playing him twice a year, I always have, but I've been pulling for him to come to ATL since he was drafted out of UGA, and now is our first shot at getting him here. To me, I don't care what we have to pay to get him here either he would be a major difference maker on our defense.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So much for CJ, maybe we can land Ray Edwards
Old 07-27-2011, 07:28 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
So much for CJ, maybe we can land Ray Edwards
As much I wanted CJ id rather is not overpay for an avg to above avg player and give him 10 million a year
Old 07-27-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
As much I wanted CJ id rather is not overpay for an avg to above avg player and give him 10 million a year
I agree, Panthers def overpaid but they kinda had to. He would have been a great addidtion but would rather not have that contract to pay. Get me Edwards for half that and were good
Old 07-27-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edwards won't be cheap. The Falcons aren't the only team that needs a DE. You're living in fantasy land if you think the Falcons are going to get him for some kind of discount. Talented players don't hit the market in their prime and hope to get a nice little pay day. This might be the only chance Edwards ever has to get a contract that will set he and his family up for life.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:03 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know why they are making Winterwyk a TE rather than keeping him at DE?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

No surprise that we cut Norwood.
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Norwood is 28 years old. If he'd stay healthy, he could really blow out given playing time.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 07-28-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Norwood could have stayed healthy...

Man I loved what he brought as a runner.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The history of football is filled with RBs who were talented but couldn't handle the physical demands over a long career. That's what makes guys like Emmitt and Walter so amazing.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

We're about to overpay big time for Ray Edwards. ****.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Money's money, winning is what counts.

I'm cool with it. TD wouldn't give up an amount that would handicap us in the future.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Got the whole class signed and ready to go. I'm happy but a little surprised we inked Nicholas, Peterson, and Clabo. I didn't think we'd bring them all back.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 07-29-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Glad Jamaal is gone he was a bust, a tad bit surprise that we cut Mike Jenkins.
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Falcons signed Ray Edwards. This is awesome.

I love this team. They never settle for mediocre, always going big. Edwards is only 26 and we got him for the next 5 years.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 07-29-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Did we really have to cut Jenkins? Couldn't we get a 5th for him?

Quote:
we all hate you