Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm speculating that the Chargers might trade Jamal Williams to us for a 7th, and that the Ravens are going to outright release Ed Reed so he can sign in Dallas. Just speculating though.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I'm speculating that the Chargers might trade Jamal Williams to us for a 7th, and that the Ravens are going to outright release Ed Reed so he can sign in Dallas. Just speculating though.
24 hours & 42 min before you can do that........

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope so, I really want Lynch.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Yeah I can understand the Ed Reed speculation, I mean since winning the Defensive Player of the Year Honor all he's done is either get hurt or have a subpar season compared to that campaign. Plus his interview at the Pro Bowl bad mouthing the organization on how it didn't resign Adalius Thomas, its obvious that Reed is a trouble maker and needs to be sent packing. Just adding to the speculation.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well I understand that this isn't exactly breaking news, but things have slowed down just thought i'd give something for people to talk about. Also, its likely Turner gets traded somewhere, Smith isn't going to sit on his hands and keep Turner and end up getting nothing for him. Plus, Sirius is usually pretty accurate with information.
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Turner could be worth it.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
that would be stupid if Buffalo would do that
If thats the public opinion, then its pretty much guaranteed
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
If thats the public opinion, then its pretty much guaranteed
Obviously Marv isn't down with the public opinion very much though. The whole were the biggest losers in FA and losing players and such. Public opinion is that were gonna suck, and hey we might, but if we are good Marv Levy is gonna look like one smart man.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either you misinterpeted my post, or I'm misinterpreting yours, because we pretty much said the same exact thing, mine being in a more joking tone.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

I know you were joking. I was just agreeing with a little add ins lol
Old 03-30-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Alright then, makes simple sense. I'm going to bed. Go Bills.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So will people complain if they spend their first round pick on Lynch? After all, nobody knows if he can handle an NFL load, either.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

Do people really believe that Marv Levy is trying to run the Bills in the ground by getting rid of all the so called "great talent"? The man lives and breaths football especially in Buffalo and if people dont think he has some plan then their nuts. Plus, what did Buffalo win with all this great talent that they lost?
Old 03-31-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidswords View Post
BUF will be better off keeping their picks and draft Lynch or AD if he slips to 12.

Just wondering, if it was a swap of picks. What would you rather have?

Michael Turner + Lawrence Timmons

or

Marshawn Lynch.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

I'd have to go with option A. I would love Timmons period and Turner isn't a bad RB either. Those are two solid prospects
Old 03-31-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGahee was behind a crappy offensive line. He'll open up in Baltimore.

imo. Turner would be a good fit in Buffalo and the move, makes sense. If the bills get turner and the chargers pick and the chargers get the number ten overall.

That's basically saying Tuner would be worth a 26th overall or thereabouts.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:41 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I hope so, I really want Lynch.

Too bad the pack' s FO dosen't.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:01 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
McGahee was behind a crappy offensive line. He'll open up in Baltimore.

imo. Turner would be a good fit in Buffalo and the move, makes sense. If the bills get turner and the chargers pick and the chargers get the number ten overall.

That's basically saying Tuner would be worth a 26th overall or thereabouts.
Dont the bills have the 12th overall and not the tenth?
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As I've said in every Turner thread, say what you want about him, but he has proven he can successfully run the ball against NFL defenses. He didn't only get the ball in the 4th quarter as some of you suggest, and it's not like he only occasionally had nice runs, he was consistently GREAT for the Chargers. I really think you guys are all underestimating just how good he has looked the past few years. He is a better RB for CERTAIN right now than anyone but AP, and POSSIBLY Marshawn, but no one else in the draft even touches him, and like I said he is far far more proven than any college player. I truly believe he is worth a team's first, and that he will be a great running back in the league.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
So will people complain if they spend their first round pick on Lynch? After all, nobody knows if he can handle an NFL load, either.
Perfect point, and Turner has shown at the least that he is a hard worker and can produce in a limited role at this level.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
ginpo

Buffalo does have 2 3rd round picks. Turner for a 2nd and 3rd sounds more likely. The Bills get Turner for a 2nd (43) and with two 3rd round picks can fulfill AJ Smith's demand of multiple picks by giving one of the 3rds. The Bills can get their LB in the 1st, they get the RB w/the 2nd and still have a 3rd (74 or 92). The Bolts get 2 more additional picks in the 1st day of the draft giving them 7 total picks for day 1 alone 30, (43), 62, (74 or 92), 93, 96 and 126. Win-win for both teams??

Here's an article from today's local newspaper on Turner. Seems that things are beginning to heat up as the draft draws closer...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...1chargers.html

By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
March 31, 2007

The Chargers are dealing with four suitors for backup running back Michael Turner, sources said, and Turner's agent has spoken with at least one of those teams in hopes of getting a long-term deal done.

Buffalo, Dallas, Tennessee and the New York Jets have shown interest in acquiring the restricted free agent. All appear willing to part at least with a first-round draft pick, but sources indicated the Chargers are still seeking two picks – in the first and third rounds.

The New York Giants, who need a running back, also could enter the fray before next month's draft. A source said yesterday that contrary to numerous media reports, the Green Bay Packers have not shown interest in Turner.
Turner and his agent, Bus Cook, will have much say in where Turner ends up. No team is going to give up draft picks for Turner, 25, without first securing a long-term deal with him.

“I know in our mind what it's going to take to get him signed,” Cook said yesterday.

The agent denied contact with any teams, but multiple sources said he had spoken with at least one of the interested clubs. That is believed to be the Bills, who pick 12th in the first round and have two third-round picks.

The tender the Chargers placed on Turner earlier this month requires any team that signs him to a free-agent deal to give the Chargers a first-and a third-round pick. The Chargers would also have the right to match any offer Turner received, but with league MVP LaDainian Tomlinson as their starting tailback, they would instead take the draft picks.

As General Manager A.J. Smith knew it would be, the first-and-third tender has been too steep for potential suitors. While Smith is content to keep Turner (at a cost of $2.35 million for the 2007 season) as a fill-in and insurance, he is willing to trade Turner for the right price.

According to sources, the Chargers could be open to a first-rounder this year and a third-rounder next year, or a third this year and a first next year. Any team signing Turner as a free agent would have to give up the first and third in this year's draft, which would nearly wipe out the first day of its draft.

Smith declined to comment other than to say the price “is a one and a three right now. I'm flexible to all thoughts.”

Turner has not been attending the Chargers' voluntary workouts the past two weeks for fear of injuring himself before a trade can be worked out.

The Chargers would lose Turner for virtually nothing after the '07 season. On the other side, Turner and Cook also must decide whether they want to risk injury while playing out this season.

Rivers progress

Philip Rivers is limping but doing it in a tennis shoe, and he expects to be full-go at the team's minicamp the first weekend of May.
“I'm doing everything but run,” he said of his participation in the team's voluntary workouts. “I could run, but there's no reason to push it.”

Rivers, who sprained his right foot in the regular-season finale and reinjured it in the team's playoff game, was in a cast for more than a month and then a protective boot until March 16.

“I was a little nervous because you never know,” Rivers said. “But I 100 percent will be ready by May 4.”
Old 03-31-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

^I like that trade but I kind of want and feel we deserve a first rounder. I read that column in the newspaper and I like the possibility of us getting a first-rounder this year and a third-rounder next year, or a third this year and a first next year a little better. Whatever hapens, I have a sneaky suspicion that Turner will stay with us.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Turner does deserve a chance at a starting job. It would save us a first day pick, so we could possibly go LB,CB,WR, and G all on first day and still have Turner and Thomas. But I really wouldn't enjoy missing out on Willis, Puz, and Beason.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would the Jets be interested in Turner when they just traded for Thomas Jones and re-signed him and have a 2nd year back with huge potential in Leon Washington?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Why would the Jets be interested in Turner when they just traded for Thomas Jones and re-signed him and have a 2nd year back with huge potential in Leon Washington?
Leon Washington is not an every down RB. Thomas Jones is decent tho, and I don't see why they would want to give up two picks for Turner. I can't see why ANYONE would want to give up two picks for Turner, especially with the amount of talent floating around at RB in this league.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote