Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-31-2007, 02:22 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans or Lions. Probably the Texans IMO.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myinnerself View Post
I'm almost positive they have won way way way more than 1 playoff game in 60 years. I think the Cardinals have only won about 1, and the Saints too. I don't know where I would check, but didn't Detroit win championships in the 50's and 60's?
ummm....nope....1 playoff game

1991 vs. Dallas if I'm not mistaken (before Dallas won their Super Bowls)

And it's one playoff game during the Super Bowl era, and I don't think we've won an NFL Championship since 1957
Old 03-31-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPLUFF View Post
ummm....nope....1 playoff game

1991 vs. Dallas if I'm not mistaken (before Dallas won their Super Bowls)

And it's one playoff game during the Super Bowl era, and I don't think we've won an NFL Championship since 1957
Yeah, well I wasn't speaking of just Super Bowl era. I said I thought they had won a championship in the 50's, which 1957 fits under. But most of the 90's they were contenders correct? With Barry? Maybe I am wrong.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Detroit is the worst in recent memory.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
1. Houston
2. Cleveland
3. Detroit
4. Arizona
5. New Orleans

Nothing against those teams
Other than this year, what has New Orleans did to make there franchise better than Clevelands? You seem to only be looking at the last year or 2.

N.O. is clearly the worste team in NFL history. The Browns have had some of the better teams in the 80's and early 90's hands down, but just had bad luck. They even made the playoffs once in the Butch Davis era. The Saints only made the playoffs how many times in the last 20 years? This year!
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

just wondering if you think that Atlanta could be thrown into the mix. they seem to always be a crappy team with high hopes going into many seasons. lately they have been respectable at certain times, but for the most part they seem to have one good year about every 5 years lol.im not saying their the worst, but they in the upper 10.

also i would still have to throw NO in there, until last year they have done absolutely NOTHING. and i mean NOTHING. u see the raiders of last year, that was the Saints for like 30 years. nothing going forthem.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
CDawg54

At the risk of sounding like a total homer here.......

Are we talking all-time worst or recent worst? If the original topic was about recent worst, then I completely agree with the Browns being one of the worst franchises. But if we are talking all-time, the Browns should in no way be in this discussion. Sure, they haven't won a super bowl, but they won all 4 AAFC championships and 4 NFL championships. They were dominant in the 50's and 60's, very good in the 80's, and decent (not good, but not terrible) in the 70's and 90's. They are also near the top in number of HOF players/coaches (17 HOF players I think).

Yeah, we've been terrible since our expansion in '99, but to call the Browns one of the worst franchises in history is ridiculous.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

the topic is the worst franchise since the merge. so what teams have done recently shouldnt have that big of an effect on the whole state of the franchise.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Buccaneers. They had one good season, really.