Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Steelers/Cardinals RUMOR

Eh, it's from PFT so take it for what it's worth.....

Quote:
There's talk in league circles of a possible trade between the Cardinals and the Steelers for tackle Max Starks. The rumor is that, if the deal would go down, the Steelers and the Cardinals would flip-flip first round picks.
The Cardinals hold the No. 5 overall pick, and the Steelers draft at No. 15.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Things are slowing down so atleast it's something new to argue about. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like a big gap in pick value for an average offensive lineman . . .

Who would Pittsburgh be moving up to get? Gaines Adams?
Old 03-31-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

I can't say I'd be too happy with this trade. I don't think Starks would be the franchise LT the team is looking for.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really makes no snse for the Cards. They need O-Line help but jumping down 10 spots to acquire an average lineman doesn't seem to make too much sense

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would imagine Arizona sits where they are and waits to see if Joe Thomas falls to them. If he doesn't then they could weigh trade offers or take the best defensive player available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Max Starks is average? I've never seen much of him, but how good of a lineman is he?

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Max Starks isn't very good this would be a bad deal for the Cards.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
I would imagine Arizona sits where they are and waits to see if Joe Thomas falls to them.
Yep I would stay at 5 at least till you know Joe is off the board if the Raiders take CJ and Det and the Browns take a QB TB goes D then Joe would be sitting right there and a steal at 5.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAHustler View Post
Max Starks is average? I've never seen much of him, but how good of a lineman is he?
He's not the type of linemen that would drastically improve the Cards line

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

If both Gaines Adams and Joe Thomas were gone at the fifth pick, then I think this would be a ok trade. They get a guy whose a solid tackle and they're still in position to get someone like Leon Hall, Adam Carriker or Jarvis Moss.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Last edited by cardsalltheway : 03-31-2007 at 09:54 AM.
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starks is an improving lineman, he works hard in the offseason, but he is not worth that kind of move.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Guys, Max Starks is a right tackle. He's an average one at best, but he sure can run block. He's way too slow out of his stance to keep up with speed rushers which is why he breaks down in pass protection.

Marvel Smith is the Steelers left tackle.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Seems like a big gap in pick value for an average offensive lineman . . .

Who would Pittsburgh be moving up to get? Gaines Adams?
I think them trading up for Adams or Thomas makes the most sense, but why would the Cardinals give up so much in exchange for a mediocre right tackle?
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but u also gotta relize is that starks is HUGE
hes is 6-8 like 350
hes huge
but he also has trouble against speed rushers
for example derrick burgess who scorched him for 2 or 3 sacks
i mean as a steeler fan i wont argue with us movin up to get gaines or whoever but starks isnt all that good
Old 03-31-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"There's talk in league circles of a possible"

Isn't that how everything from PFT starts?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
but u also gotta relize is that starks is HUGE
hes is 6-8 like 350
hes huge
but he also has trouble against speed rushers
for example derrick burgess who scorched him for 2 or 3 sacks
i mean as a steeler fan i wont argue with us movin up to get gaines or whoever but starks isnt all that good
So basically Max Starks = Leonard Davis
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty much but i think leonard is better
Old 03-31-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
"There's talk in league circles of a possible"

Isn't that how everything from PFT starts?
That's just idiotic. Of course it's only a rumour... that's why it's called a rumour mill.

Not to mention, they are usually on the money regarding their rumours. This may not go down, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that conversations regarding this trade have taken place.

A week ago they said there was talk about a Lance briggs/redskins trade, and what do you know, the bears will get back to the skins on monday.

People should pipe-down regarding a great football site.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The talk about the Briggs trade was broken by Adam Schefter, who personally spoke to both Rosenhaus and Daniel Snyder. While I actually like PFT, and can appreciate it for what it is (not to mention they know more about football than most "real" media) that's not the best example.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
That's just idiotic. Of course it's only a rumour... that's why it's called a rumour mill.

Not to mention, they are usually on the money regarding their rumours. This may not go down, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that conversations regarding this trade have taken place.

A week ago they said there was talk about a Lance briggs/redskins trade, and what do you know, the bears will get back to the skins on monday.

The problem with PFT is it's half blog, half rumor site. When you're putting yourself out there like Florio does, you're going to put off some readers. It's the reason I don't go there - I don't feel like reading "rumors" from a guy who has clear biases and often says moronic things. It's different here in a forum where you can reply. It's like Merril Hoge - he may know his stuff but I can't stand watching people who I think are moronic.

You don't see the ESPN etc rumor reporters meddle with opinion. PFT would be a much better site if it was done in a more professional manner - post the rumors, and leave it at that. That's just my opinion anyway - there's no way his twist on things attracts more people than it sends away, and for a guy who approaches websites with commercial gain, you'd think he'd understand this.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is his bias? Other than to attract hits I don't see it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh ... I wouldn't be surprised if talks happened ... but the only reason Max Starks would be worth a late first is due to his tender ... that said ... Grimm's usually got a solid eye for the OL, and maybe there's something about Max Starks that we don't know ... or maybe, they simply feel that Starks will be better than Brown/Staley ... but overall talent, no, I wouldn't think Starks would be a first outside above of the above variables.

It does, though, to an extent, make sense for the Cardinals, if they like Starks that much. At 15, they could go a number of directions, ranging from LB, to an edge type talent, and heck, if they wanted, they would have the freedom to go a young RB if they so desired, as they'd still have their day 1 picks to address all their needs.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Didn't Starks get abused in that one game where the Steelers gave up 9 sacks against the Ravens?

the gave up 5 more sacks in the 2nd Ravens game as well... so someone had to have been getting worked.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Starks?your kidding me right.hes horrible in pass blocking.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post

Great football site my ass...

KFFL is a great football site.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote