Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 07-25-2011, 02:01 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Well it looks like the lockout will finally come to an end this week, allowing the official start to the 2011 season, meaning we need a new thread! Here is our schedule...

Preseason:
Thursday, August 11 TBA Arizona Cardinals KICU
Saturday, August 20 TBA at San Francisco 49ers KTVU
Sunday, August 28 5:00 pm New Orleans Saints NBC
Friday, September 2 TBA at Seattle Seahawks KTVU

Regular Season:
Monday, September 12 7:15 pm at Denver Broncos ESPN
Sunday, September 18 10:00 am at Buffalo Bills CBS
Sunday, September 25 1:05 pm New York Jets CBS
Sunday, October 2 1:15 pm New England Patriots CBS
Sunday, October 9 10:00 am at Houston Texans CBS
Sunday, October 16 1:05 pm Cleveland Browns CBS
Sunday, October 23 1:05 pm Kansas City Chiefs CBS
BYE WEEK
Sunday, November 6 1:05 pm Denver Broncos CBS
Thursday, November 10 5:20 pm at San Diego Chargers NFLN
Sunday, November 20 10:00 am at Minnesota Vikings CBS
Sunday, November 27 1:05 pm Chicago Bears FOX
Sunday, December 4 10:00 am at Miami Dolphins CBS
Sunday, December 11 10:00 am at Green Bay Packers CBS
Sunday, December 18 1:05 pm Detroit Lions FOX
Saturday, December 24 10:00 am at Kansas City Chiefs CBS
Sunday, January 1 1:15 pm San Diego Chargers CBS

My Raiders Mock

Last edited by RaiderNation : 07-25-2011 at 02:04 AM.
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
EricCartmann
Rookie

EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

and so it begins
Old 07-25-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
How Fly Boy

Well, let's start it off.

Biggest name to not make our final roster. I say Chaz Schilens.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I already requested Monday 12 off I'm ready for that game like no other. Got a new TV to watch it on and the NFL Sunday ticket for free this year im so ready for some football.

One thing we do know already is that the offense line is gonna be young and really inxeperince(sp) Which scares me but at the same time its a good thing cause finally we have some new faces and not the same ol faces that we know that are horrible. Jared Veldheer,Stefen Wisniewski,Joseph Barksdale,Bruce Campbell all need to step up.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I heard Oakland is 15 mil over the cap from ESPN and that Oakland is 20 mill under the cap from NFLN. we shall see.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One way or the other we are going to see a good amount of players be cut. My biggest concern is will we be able to resign Miller.

My Raiders Mock

Old 07-25-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's good to be back...

Schedule is tough and with no o-line in place, I expect a big step backwards.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I have the feeling we will go 7-9 this year, which isn't bad with the teams we have. I feel this is a transition year in a way with losing Nnamdi will change our defense up and the offense is still young and will hopefully make mote strides even with the questions we have on the oline. Rumor is Bruce Campbell has a real chance to play RT this season, which would be very interesting to see

My Raiders Mock

Old 07-25-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Al better be in full force to resign Asomugha hes the most important person on the team, I think cuts need to be made and some hard decisions.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:55 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I've heard we will likely restructure a goof amount of contracts to save us some space, but there's no doubt cuts will be made. Carlisle is all but gone

My Raiders Mock

Old 07-26-2011, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Aso is gone, best of luck to him. Miller, however, we have a real shot of keeping in town and we should give him at least market value to retain his services. He is definitely a key cog to our offense as it continues to grow.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
Al better be in full force to resign Asomugha hes the most important person on the team, I think cuts need to be made and some hard decisions.
D-Mac, Seymour, and Veldheer are all more valuable and have larger impacts than than Nnamdi. Hell, I'd say Shaughnessy and Houston are more important to the defense. Love Nnamdi and I still think he's the best CB in football, but we have too many holes to fill for a guy who's the 3rd best player on our defense and isn't a leader.

Quote:
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Aso is gone, best of luck to him. Miller, however, we have a real shot of keeping in town and we should give him at least market value to retain his services. He is definitely a key cog to our offense as it continues to grow.
If he walks, I will be so pissed. 25 year old potential pro bowl tight ends don't grown on trees. He's a definite keeper for the future.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure we're in good cap position. I think espn added in dead money that shouldn't have been included.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

It's being reported that Zach Miller is very likely to stay a Raider, which is awesome news. I haven't heard much of F/A's we have interest in, but that's most likely because we are still figuring out what we are going to do to our cap situation.

Also anybody see our UDFA's? I saw a short list earlier today and didn't recognize any names.

My Raiders Mock

Old 07-26-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
It's going to be hard to see him go, but he's worth too much green...and at his position and age, how many more years can he be the player he is now?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What kind of comp pick do you guys see us getting for Asomugha?
Old 07-26-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Well he is going to get a very very large contract and aren't those picks determined off that? It makes sense if we get the 3rd round pick and the trade we made during the draft. The comp will replace the 2nd we sent to the Patriots.

My Raiders Mock

Old 07-26-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

I'm sure we will find a way to trade that pick to the Pats as well lol....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:32 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

It was reported late last night that we have been in talks with OT Jared Gaither. I support this 100%. If Hue says he believes he can get the best out of Gaither, then it will be worth the money. He has injury concerns, but there is no doubt when healthy he is a top 10 OT in the NFL. Idk if he is open to playing RT, but i really wouldnt be mad at all if we moved Veldheer to RT.

My Raiders Mock

Old 07-27-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely need to lock up Miller.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heard some reports of us going after Cromartie and Braylon. I think espn's report of us being 15 mil over is wrong too. They're going to negotiate a long-term deal with wimbley that will save us some money against the cap too.
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

We have interest in Lutui from Arizona as well. Fits the big olinemen we want for our power scheme.

Still no word if we have came to an agreement with Gaither, I'm sure we wil find out tomorrow though once F/A's can actually starting signing

We could add Vince Young as a back up to Campbell and potentially a replacement. If Hue thinks he can fix him on and off the field, we could have found a very good deal there. Just heard Adam Schefter say we will be a team interest in signing him once he is released

Also it looks like Michael Bush could be holding out, but also it would be he hasn't signed his tender since he wants to wait if anybody wants to give up a 1st and 3rd for him, which is very unlikely.

My Raiders Mock

Last edited by RaiderNation : 07-28-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got Gaither.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Yup Gaither is a Raider. Now let's see if he is a LT or RT...

My Raiders Mock