Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 07-29-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I don't understand what's going on...

We started FA with 58 million the most of any other team. Now I for one am happy we didn't go crazy and try to buy us a ring, but come on! We've been the slowest team on signing anyone. We need some speed in the backfield could use one more LB. Also I know we were never in the Aso race, but I think that's the wrong move. First, he's a stand up guy, those are the players you want to sign and bring to your team. Second, he's one of the top ten players in football. Third, everyone says we don't need a CB. But if you look after this season Barber is 36 and Talib could be in jail or out of the NFL for a year. I would have felt much better about having Aso, Lewis and Biggers in 2013.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SKY IS FALLING GUYS

1) We don't know the exact #s and intricacies of our cap situation, so don't just throw out some # like it's legit.

2) We re-signed the right players. This can't be overlooked. We brought back everyone except Ruud and Caddy, plus a few guys who don't fit in anymore like Gilmore. That's part of FA and Dominik is on the same page as the fans who know what they're talking about.

3) FA just freaking started. I don't even think you can officially sign players yet. We're probably gonna get Snelling at RB. Like it or not, Raheem has arbitrary size rules for RBs now. We still have room to add another LB and there are tons remaining.

4) Aso is 30 years old. You mention Barber being 36...do you wanna sign Aso to a long-term deal and then be paying a 34+ year old like he's the best at the position? We have Talib and Ronde this year along with 3 promising young corners, 1 of which has shown legit starter potential. There will be more corners available next year in the FA and draft, so if we need one we'll get one. We don't need one now, in fact CB is one of the last positions we need to add to.

We don't need to go making a splash in FA. Our issues last year were at LB and DL. Gee...what did we do? We drafted 2 Day 1 DEs that are already impressing as 1st-teamers. We drafted a LB in the 3rd to help replace Ruud (addition by subtraction). Sign another vet LB and our 2 issues are solved. The rest of the team is young and not broken, so why fix it? Other teams are trying to improve by loading up on overpriced past-their-prime or never had a prime vets while we'll improve as our young talented team gets older and more experienced. We also figure to have less injuries because what are the chances that we lose half our team in back to back years?

If you prefer offseason excitement to wins go become a Redskins fan or something. Dominik has a plan for building this team and he's sticking to it.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
SKY IS FALLING GUYS

4) Aso is 30 years old. You mention Barber being 36...do you wanna sign Aso to a long-term deal and then be paying a 34+ year old like he's the best at the position? We have Talib and Ronde this year along with 3 promising young corners, 1 of which has shown legit starter potential. There will be more corners available next year in the FA and draft, so if we need one we'll get one. We don't need one now, in fact CB is one of the last positions we need to add to.

Um Charles Woodson won the defensive player of the year at 33 and a super bowl at 34...And doesn't look like he's slowing down anytime soon.

Aso could play CB for 4 more years and kick him to S after.

And like I said before I know we don't NEED a CB now, this might be Barbers last year and lets say Talib gets off on the shooting thing... would you like to hand him a 50 million dollar deal? I won't.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how everyone assumes that free agents WANT to play for the Bucs.

Some players want to play in a market where they're more likely to get the name recognition and national headlines. Tampa can't provide that as well as some of the other markets, such as New York.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post

Some players want to play in a market where they're more likely to get the name recognition and national headlines. Tampa can't provide that as well as some of the other markets, such as New York.
When players think of Tampa, they think blacked out home games :/

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

See that I understand... I said to my Bro who's a Bucs fan... that it might be guys don't want to come play with us.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Um Charles Woodson won the defensive player of the year at 33 and a super bowl at 34...And doesn't look like he's slowing down anytime soon.

Aso could play CB for 4 more years and kick him to S after.

And like I said before I know we don't NEED a CB now, this might be Barbers last year and lets say Talib gets off on the shooting thing... would you like to hand him a 50 million dollar deal? I won't.
Charles Woodson is no longer GBs number 1 CB. Tramon Williams was better than him last year, and respectively so. If you watched his play, he was their best CB.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, it sucks that we have to use this money. We eventually will spend our cap money, but we can't because our young core players are not eligible for extensions.

I for one would LOVE TO SIGN ASOMGUH, but we all forget that Myron Lewis played very well last year. I remember watching the game vs Detroit. Biggers was getting owned all day by Calvin. Once Lewis stuck on him, he didn't do diddly squat. He played exceptionally well against the Saints as well. He's got potential to be a lockdown #2, Barber even said his potential and ceiling is higher than Talibs. Biggers is excellent in the NB role while Gaitor many scouts are saying was an absolute steal in the 7th round and if he was at a big name school, might have been a 3rd round-4th round selection at worst.

I think what we are doing is sticking with our plan through the draft and building chemistry. All of these guys are familar with our scheme, so we aren't bringing in new players to learn it.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, the cap floor doesn't go into effect until 2013, at least according to ESPN's John Clayton.

We do not have to spend all of our cap this year.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, that's why everyone should shill the f**k out.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post

But these guys that we want weren't pursued by the staff, save for Free...

Most would rather play for Dallas than Tampa Bay. No surprise there.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just gonna say it again. MARCH.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's a better situation, frontload a bunch of this season's contracts so we have ample money next season and there-after or go on a big spending spree and put ourselves agains the cap wall for the next 10 years?

Whether we went to the playoffs or not last season doesn't determine how well we did last season... we did awesome. Our salary situation is the best in the league and we will continue to have flexibility if we continue to be smart. We didn't need an expensive CB. Let Atlanta overpay Ray Edward to be simply above-average for them. The Eagles got a great deal on Nnamdi, but now they have three pricey CBs. I like our team and trust our leadership.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
But these guys that we want weren't pursued by the staff, save for Free...

Most would rather play for Dallas than Tampa Bay. No surprise there.
That may be true... but winning consistently will cure ALL. Simeon Rice took+$1 mil a year to come to Tampa and prove himself in 2000. Why? Because he wanted to play for a winner, because he knew the Bucs were marketable (we were at that time because we were winners and young), and he knew we ran a system where he could be successful.

After we show the NFL how good we can be with the best young QB in the game, WRs are going to be begging to come here, OLinemen will want to receive the recognition for keeping Freeman upright. LBs will want to play behind A line featuring 2 #1 draft picks and 2 superb #2 draft picks. CBs and S's will beg to come here because of the easy INTs they will get from the pressure the DL creates. Winning is contagious and people want to experience that. If we continue winning we will be attractive again to FA's. Who wouldn't want to NOT play in cold weather very often, not pay state income tax, live close to the beach, and play for an up-and-coming franchise with a very young coach, stud QB (which brings national exposure), etc?

If you build it, they will come. And it's being built as we speak.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote