Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Wow, Phricking Philly just landed Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and JUST NOW won the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes.
Jeeeezus.

Think they are gearing up to try and defend against us to get to the Super Bowl?
Atlanta needs to beef up their pass defense too.

how will they defend against Jermichael Finley?

I still think the Pack and Saints are the class of the NFC
Old 07-29-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Korey Hall is also close to signing with the Saints.
Its official now.

Hall - Saints
Jackson - Browns
Colledge - Cardinals
Spitz - Jaguars
Old 07-29-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Coombser
Rookie

Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
how will they defend against Jermichael Finley?

I still think the Pack and Saints are the class of the NFC
Philly's come right into it now they've got Aso - but if Jason Babin does an (unlikely) repeat of last year - then the D becomes scary good.

Atlanta's up there but I still think they lack a 'wow' factor on either side of the ball - having said that I do love the Ray Edwards signing.
Coombser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pack have signed their 1st round pick

Quote:
@TomSilverstein: #Packers have signed 1st-round pick Derek Sherrod to a four-year, $6.6 M contract that includes $5.32 M in grnteed money, a NFL source said.

Think that just leaves 3rd round pick RB Alex Green unsigned
Old 07-29-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coombser View Post
Philly's come right into it now they've got Aso - but if Jason Babin does an (unlikely) repeat of last year - then the D becomes scary good.

Atlanta's up there but I still think they lack a 'wow' factor on either side of the ball - having said that I do love the Ray Edwards signing.
ATL DEF won't be able to stop the Saints, Pack or Eagles passing attack IMO

I'm not sure I entirely trust Babin, and I have reservations about the Eagles LB corps, as well as their OL. Still, at least now they have the CB's to at least combat the Saints/Packers offenses
Old 07-30-2011, 01:00 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC Rankings:

Packers
Eagles
Bucs
Falcons
Saints
Bears
Giants
Lions
Cowboys
Redskins
Vikings
Panthers
NFC West
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pack have signed their 1st round pick

Think that just leaves 3rd round pick RB Alex Green unsigned
Green tweeted that he hopes to sign today. I wonder if there's something more to it though, like he's out of shape or injured or something.

Quote:
@AGreen_39 Ever since HS I've had some sort of adversity to fight threw.. This is no different. Hopefully 2marro is a better day. Goodnight #motivated
What adversity would he have to fight through?
Old 07-30-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Honestly I think their moves are overrated. Asomugha is a good player but I'm never really thought of him as the best CB in the league. He had a few great seasons but he isn't a turnover maker, which is something defenses need. The Eagles run through DBs as well: Michael Lewis, Sheldon Brown, Lito Sheppard, Rod Hood, and I could continue. Point is they have a system that relies on their front 4. A front 4 with a weak DT corps and only one really star player in Trent Cole.

As for the Falcons, they have a solid front 7 but they're aging rapidly. The NEEDED Ray Edwards more than anything. He's a solid player but more of a jack of all trades master of none type of guy. He doesn't stand out and he isn't a difference maker. He's just enough to help take the all pressure off John Abraham. They're going to live and die on the heals of the offense - just like the Packers of a few seasons ago.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Packers draft pick's rookie #'s:

Derek Sherrod #78

Randall Cobb #18

Alex Green #20

Davon House #31

D.J. Williams #84

Caleb Schlauderaff #68

D.J. Smith #60

Ricky Elmore #57

Ryan Taylor #82

Lawrence Guy #56 (can't officially be his # seeing he's a DE)
Old 07-30-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody have any names of ILB that could possibly be signed by the Packers??? I think there is a good chance that they will bring in a FA, I don't think they would go into the season with Bishop and Hawk being the only vets at ILB.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Alex Green has officially signed. That's all draft picks accounted for

all that's left now is to get camp underway and either bring in a vet ILB FA or dish out some extensions to guys like Sitton/Finley/Nelson. Maybe even just do both. They definitely need some reliability/insurance at ILB. Also might have the possibility to re-sign Jones or Jenkins. Jones a more realistic scenario. Kuhn is also still out there and I would like to see him back
Old 07-30-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
Anybody have any names of ILB that could possibly be signed by the Packers??? I think there is a good chance that they will bring in a FA, I don't think they would go into the season with Bishop and Hawk being the only vets at ILB.
McCarthy said in his presser this morning that Brad Jones or Robert Francois could shift inside. Barrett Rudd is still on the market but isn't a great fit and he likely wants to be a starter.

Also TE Spencer Havner and WR Brett Swain have officially been re-signed.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the draft pick signings is nice but expected.

It's time to start looking ahead, and I'm ready to build up some hate for the Motown Motor City Kitties. The Detroit Lions.
I feel they will be our best division rival this year, not the Bears. Again, if you will recall, the Lions went into Chicago last year in the opener and beat them..... except the zebra's ruled that Megatron didn't hold onto the catch long enough.

Those teams are close.
And I think the Lions have improved the most, while I see the Bears taking a step back.

Besides that, here's why I hate the Lions now (not really, but we need to work up some distaste for them)

Last year, they KO'd Rodgers.
Year before, they cheap-shotted J-Mike's knee.

Now we gotta go into there on Thanksgiving 4 days after facing the upstart Buccaneers.

I want to sweep the division this year, not go 4-2 like last year. The Raiders swept their division last year. We can too.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Cullen Jenkins to the Eagles
Old 07-30-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Additions:
*Mason Crosby - re-signed to 5yr/14.75 mill with 3 mill guaranteed
*Spencer Havner - re-signed
*Brett Swain - re-signed

Cuts:
* Brandon Chillar
* Justin Harrell
* Brady Poppinga
* Mark Tauscher
* Nick Barnett
* Michael Greco
* Curtis Young

UFA:
*James Jones - Talks of him being close to heading to Minny. GB "monitoring" his situation
*John Kuhn - Agent has had talks with GB. Expects to be back
*Atari Bigby - haven't heard a thing...he's obviously not back though
*Anthony Smith - Not much to report on so far

Players Lost:
*Daryn Colledge - signs 5yr/28 mill with Arizona. $8 mill guaranteed, $14 mill in first 2 years
*Brandon Jackson - signs 2yr/4.5 mill with Cleveland
*Jason Spitz - Signs 3 yr deal with Jacksonville
*Korey Hall - Signed with New Orleans Saints
*Cullen Jenkins - Signed 5yr/25 mill deal with Eagles. Could end up becoming only a 1yr/4 mill deal
Old 07-30-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Cullen Jenkins to the Eagles
Do they have a different salary cap than everyone else?
Actually, the # they showed for Cullen was a lot less than we expected.
Same with Aso.

I smell something fishy going on there in Philly under the table..... do they have a different salary cap than everyone else does?

I'm glad we aren't in the NFC East right now.
I will be rooting for the Giants, Cowboys, and Redskins to beat them up!
Plus the NFC East plays the AFC East, so for 2 weeks I will root for the Jets and Patriots.

Remember, this Eagles team was (this) close to KOing us in January, thank you David Akers, and Desmond Bishop for that shoe-string tackle.... and they will get Brandon Graham back in addition to signing Babin, Jenkins, Aso, and DRC.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Jenkins got less than Stephen Bowen, and less than Daryn Colledge.
Did we offer less than that?

He only got 10 mil more than we gave the kicker, over 5 years. Interesting.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Do they have a different salary cap than everyone else?
Actually, the # they showed for Cullen was a lot less than we expected.
Same with Aso.

I smell something fishy going on there in Philly under the table..... do they have a different salary cap than everyone else does?
Its the same, just the way they structure everything. Jenkins deal could turn into a 1 year deal and Asomugha's contract is likely front loaded. Both guys got alot less than expected which just show's the market for aging "star" players.

In the end I think Jenkins will give them 1 solid season while Asomugha will give them 2 good seasons.

Quote:
I'm glad we aren't in the NFC East right now.
I will be rooting for the Giants, Cowboys, and Redskins to beat them up!
Plus the NFC East plays the AFC East, so for 2 weeks I will root for the Jets and Patriots.
Why we went 3-1 verse the NFC East least regular season and beat the Eagles again at home in the playoffs.

Quote:
Remember, this Eagles team was (this) close to KOing us in January, thank you David Akers, and Desmond Bishop for that shoe-string tackle.... and they will get Brandon Graham back in addition to signing Babin, Jenkins, Aso, and DRC.
Brandon Grahm didn't show anything when healthy plus he's going to start the season on the PUP. DRC isn't a physical CB, Babin has a career season at the age of 30, and Jenkins has been injury prone.

Lets not forget that Vick has had 1 good season for them, lets see him repeat that first. Plus he only played in all 16 games 1 time during his career. Not too mention they have nobody at LB and their offensive line still has a ton of holes.

Last edited by cvv84 : 07-30-2011 at 05:43 PM.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jenkins got less than Stephen Bowen, and less than Daryn Colledge.
Did we offer less than that?

He only got 10 mil more than we gave the kicker, over 5 years. Interesting.
Reportedly we never even made an offer. They clearly wanted to move away from him.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Says a lot that the Pack didn't even bother to bring back JEnkins. They realize his injury history and his wear and tear and didn't want to invest in that

Eagles are definitely going to be getting all the media hype now, and even they themselves are already crowning themselves as a the "dream team"

Meanwhile, the Pack will just go about their business as usual. I'm not concerned. No guarantee the Pack will even get to face Philly this season anyway. These moves show clear desperation on the act of the Eagles. They are going all in this year, so they better live up to expectations

I hope they do trade Samuel, though. Teams will avoid Nnamdi as usual and just target DRC, who I've always thought has been a bit overrated. I see him get burned quite often

Last edited by BloodBrother : 07-30-2011 at 05:57 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Says a lot that the Pack didn't even bother to bring back JEnkins. They realize his injury history and his wear and tear and didn't want to invest in that
Exactally. Its the same situation when the fans were blasting Thompson for letting Marco Rivera go a few years ago. What happened? He injured his back and was a huge free agent flop for the Cowboys.

I like Jenkins but being able to play week in and week out is part of the game. I wish him the best and I'm glad he was able to help us get a ring.

Quote:
Eagles are definitely going to be getting all the media hype now, and even they themselves are already crowning themselves as a the "dream team"
If that dream is to have never won a Superbowl then dream on! They're definetly playing catchup.

Quote:
Meanwhile, the Pack will just go about their business as usual. I'm not concerned.
Bingo, they know what they're doing. Sure Jenkins, Barnett, and Jones will likely have a good season or 2 but in the end this is what works for us. Neal is a promising player, Bishop is better than Barnett at this stage, and Jones while not a dime a dozen (more like a dime a quarter) can be replaced by the production of Jennings, Finley, Nelson, and Cobb.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Vikes sign Michael Jenkins. Still interested in James Jones???
Old 07-30-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Coombser
Rookie

Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.

Quote:
Reportedly we never even made an offer. They clearly wanted to move away from him.
To me, that says that it's a similar situation to Al Harris last year.
Coombser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
To me, that says that it's a similar situation to Al Harris last year.
How so? Harris was cut after he was eligable to come off the PUP list last year. He was also coming off a potential career ending knee injury at the age of 35.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Jets look like the biggest threat to sign Jones right now