Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Jets look like the biggest threat to sign Jones right now
I'd love to sign him to a 2-3 year deal. That would give us time to see if Nelson can develop into a starter (which I think he will) and let Cobb develop as a receiver.

You'd have to think some other team would be interested at this point as well. Jags? 49ers? How about the Bucs? They have a ton of money to spend and he'd be a great option for Freeman.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

couple of thoughts...

1. glad all the rookies are in camp

2. Cullen Jenkins was never going, or the chances were low, to re-sign and the drafting of Mike Neal was the start of that...giving money to an aging player, who also has an injury plagued past, is one of the worst decisions a team can make...yeah they may still be useful in the first season or two but odds are that in the last two or three years you're going to be paying an average player the salary a proven, very effective player...Ted trusts the scouting department and drafting to prevent situations like that

3. Guys, don't kid yourselves, going into the 2011 season the Philadelphia Eagles are one heck of a football team talent-wise. Projecting long term might be a different story but without a doubt they are the biggest threat to our title as NFC Champions. They've added Nnamdi Asomugha, DRC, Cullen Jenkins, Jason Babin, Jaiquawn Jarrett (pass rushers and cover men/ballhawks) to their defense since we defeated them back in January. We know their offense has the potential to put up serious points.

4. The depth in our front seven SUCKS!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets, Cardinals and Packers are all still showing interest in free agent James Jones, according to ESPN's John Clayton.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Sherrod taking 1st team reps at LG. Lang is running with the 2nd team.

Zombo with the 1st team at OLB.

Underwood has also been moved from CB to FS.

For what its worth, C.J. Wilson is also running with the 1st team defense at RDE. Though Neal wasn't expected to do much here early on.

Last edited by cvv84 : 07-30-2011 at 09:14 PM.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
NFC Rankings:

Packers
Eagles
Bucs
Falcons
Saints
Bears
Giants
Lions
Cowboys
Redskins
Vikings
Panthers
NFC West
If I had to rank the NFC teams right now

1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. New Orleans Saints
3. Green Bay Packers
4. New York Giants
5. Atlanta Falcons
6. Detroit Lions
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8. Minnesota Vikings
9. Seattle Seahawks
10. St. Louis Rams
11. Dallas Cowboys
12. Chicago Bears
13. San Francisco 49ers
14. Arizona Cardinals
15. Carolina Panthers
16. Washington Redskins

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
couple of thoughts...

4. The depth in our front seven SUCKS!

I think this is a little bit of an overstatement on your part. I mean we lose Cullen as the only real player from last years roster. Barnett and Chillar didn't play enough to earn consideration. I agree our ILB backups are light, FA just started and I am sure if TT is not happy with Smith and whomever else, he will pick up a guy. I am really not worried about this.

Our DL loses one guy, our rookies from last year get another year to improve their abilities. Therefore we gain their increase in skills. Plus another year of improvement from Raji. I think our DL play will actually improve this year even with the loss of Jenkins.

Our OLB's improve as all of our young guys from last year have another year of increased skills/strength/speed. We add Elmore who led the PAC-10 in sacks and we get CM3 another year of improvement.

So realistically our front seven improves slightly, and I would be willing to say that TT does something if he is not happy with the ILB depth. Why overpay for a FA ILB right now when we can wait and let the prices come down on these FA's. Plus we will get to see whether Smith, Jackson, or Joseph can actually play.

I'm not saying you have to be optimistic but you are sounding too pessimistic right now.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:38 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will admit that I'm afraid of the Eagles. I think we're still better, but I'm afraid. That said, it's far from a sure thing that Vick puts together a season like he did last year.

Jenkins leaving, while entirely predictable, is disappointing. Philly got a pretty good deal, at least for as long as he's able to keep up his level of play. The front office didn't go after him because we need to keep money freed up for youth. There's a system in place, and while losing these guys makes me nervous., the system obviously works. Neal looked good last year for the brief time that he was healthy. He's not going to be Jenkins, but I think he'll play well and soften the blow.

I would really like to see us keep Jones. We don't need him. In fact, even without him our receiving corps is better than it was last year (Finley, Cobb). With Jones it's unbelievable. If he can go somewhere and get consistent opportunities as a #1 or #2, I can see him putting up some great numbers. Really glad he's not going to be a Viking. Reportedly Arizona's not in it either now.

The biggest improvement we're getting this season is in the run game.
Grant over Jackson is a big difference. We'll also have a healthy James Starks ready to start the season. I'm also a huge Alex Green fan, but he'll probably have a fairly strong learner's curve.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:48 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the front 7 is fine. The only issue is obviously ILB depth. Just add a solid vet who understands he 3-4 and then see what happens in TC with guys like Brad Jones(who is being moved to ILB) and whatever camp bodies they bring in.

I'm liking the DLine a lot to be honest. Of course, it is REALLY important that Neal is able to stay healthy this year. This guy is a beast and in his limited snaps that he played last year, he graded out very highly. I love this dudes work ethic and I love how he's coming in with a pissed off attitude. Pissed that he wasn't a part of the team that won it all. Neal, CJ Wilson(who got better as the season went on), Raji, Pickett, Green and Lawrence Guy. Nothing wrong with that IMO
Old 07-31-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I will admit that I'm afraid of the Eagles. I think we're still better, but I'm afraid. That said, it's far from a sure thing that Vick puts together a season like he did last year.
See this is where I find it funny, its not the 1st time a team loaded up in FA and looked to be unstoppable. Lets not forget a few things here:

1) Vick had a career season - at age 31!

2) Vick has only played in 16 games once during his career.

3) The Eagles offensive line was terrible and they did little to nothing to improve it this offseason. They gave up 50 sacks last year!

4) They have their former OFFENSIVE LINE coach now coaching their DEFENSE!

5) They have nobody at LB.

6) Their top WR is holding out. Their 2nd best WR is mysteriously still sick from mono - months later.

7) Jason Babin is coming off a career season at age 30.

8) They're banking on all these new guys being able to gel in a month. Not too mention fit into their scheme.

Basically yes on paper they vastly improved but let's be realistic, how often does a big free agent(s) signings work out? Alot has to go right in order for a Superbowl run. Take a look at us last year, we barely made the playoffs and had to go on a 5 game run of elimination games just to get to the Superbowl. The Eagles made a ton of big moves but also took a ton of big risks as well, but as last year showed us you have to get hot at the right time.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
the front 7 is fine. The only issue is obviously ILB depth. Just add a solid vet who understands he 3-4 and then see what happens in TC with guys like Brad Jones(who is being moved to ILB) and whatever camp bodies they bring in.

I'm liking the DLine a lot to be honest. Of course, it is REALLY important that Neal is able to stay healthy this year. This guy is a beast and in his limited snaps that he played last year, he graded out very highly. I love this dudes work ethic and I love how he's coming in with a pissed off attitude. Pissed that he wasn't a part of the team that won it all. Neal, CJ Wilson(who got better as the season went on), Raji, Pickett, Green and Lawrence Guy. Nothing wrong with that IMO
Its fine just as long as nobody gets injured! We're lacking depth, thats for sure, especially at LB. I'm fine with the defensive line because I believe that Neal, Green, Wilson, Wynn, and Guy will be fine at DE. In fact I think that if Guy applies himself to getting better he could end up being a big steal for us.

However I'm concerned with our LBs. Our best coverage LB is gone and while Hawk has improved in that area he's still prone to being beaten. Bishop isn't a turn and run LB either and the same goes for Zombo. That just leaves Matthews, of whom we need to rush the passer, and Jones who hasn't quite exactally been a model of consistancy.

I'd like to see us persue a guy like Manny Lawson. Someone who while isn't a sack artist, can still apply pressure and is descent in coverage.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Coombser
Rookie

Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Its fine just as long as nobody gets injured! We're lacking depth, thats for sure, especially at LB. I'm fine with the defensive line because I believe that Neal, Green, Wilson, Wynn, and Guy will be fine at DE. In fact I think that if Guy applies himself to getting better he could end up being a big steal for us.

However I'm concerned with our LBs. Our best coverage LB is gone and while Hawk has improved in that area he's still prone to being beaten. Bishop isn't a turn and run LB either and the same goes for Zombo. That just leaves Matthews, of whom we need to rush the passer, and Jones who hasn't quite exactally been a model of consistancy.

I'd like to see us persue a guy like Manny Lawson. Someone who while isn't a sack artist, can still apply pressure and is descent in coverage.
I'm sorry but I disagree with your assessment on Chillar, he plays a lot in coverage situations but I think he's very overrated in that department - seldom did you ever see Chillar make a play that Hawk or Bishop or Barnett were not capable of. I'd like to see what DJ Smith can do - he's small, yes - but he's quick and makes a lot of tackles. Jones I think is probably better suited to moving inside and I think that if they can get someone more reliably rushing the passer from WLB, then Matthews may be asked to drop more - and he certainly shows decent coverage potential.
Coombser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coombser View Post
I'm sorry but I disagree with your assessment on Chillar, he plays a lot in coverage situations but I think he's very overrated in that department - seldom did you ever see Chillar make a play that Hawk or Bishop or Barnett were not capable of. I'd like to see what DJ Smith can do - he's small, yes - but he's quick and makes a lot of tackles. Jones I think is probably better suited to moving inside and I think that if they can get someone more reliably rushing the passer from WLB, then Matthews may be asked to drop more - and he certainly shows decent coverage potential.
I'd check again if I were you about what Chillar did against opposing TEs.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

James Jones back with the Packers for 3 years. Details to come.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

was about to just post it. That's exciting news. 3 years? Wow!

next up is John Kuhn and then perhaps some ILB. AFter that it's extensions for Sitton, Finley and perhaps Nelson?
Old 07-31-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
was about to just post it. That's exciting news. 3 years? Wow!

next up is John Kuhn and then perhaps some ILB. AFter that it's extensions for Sitton, Finley and perhaps Nelson?
3 years is perfect. Gives Nelson and Cobb time to develop.

Hopefully Kuhn is back. I'd hate to see him go. And as for extentions, Sitton is top priority. Finley needs to stay healthy, maybe an in-season extention?

Reportedly Rodgers and Driver went to bat for Jones with the front office.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

With Jackson gone, I think they need to lock up Kuhn and then have him take Jackson's role as the 3rd down back, etc. Don't know if they can trust Starks/Green immediately to fulfill that role and pick up blitzers, etc

Agreed that Sitton will now be priority #1. I think it's a foregone conclusion that the Pack will lock him up to a long term deal sometime this season.

This is a really smart move by the Packers. Driver is one of my all time favorite Packers, but the fact is that RIGHT NOW, Jones and Nelson are definitely better than him. It is a business, and you always have to be thinking ahead. Jones and Nelson offer more to this team in the present and future. Glad to see them not let Jones go in favor of keeping Driver around and now the band is back together. Deeeeep WR corps with Cobb added to th emix
Old 07-31-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully we will see some 5 wide sets this year...

Jennings
Nelson
Finley
Jones
Driver/Cobb

I'd like to see how the Eagles try to defend that haha!
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Barnett to the Bills. 3 years for $12 million with $6 million guaranteed.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

John Kuhn back with the Packers. 3 year deal

his agent says it will make him one of the highest paid FB's in the league

Texans were apparently after him especially after Leach signed with the Ravens

Last edited by BloodBrother : 07-31-2011 at 05:04 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
John Kuhn back with the Packers. 3 year deal

his agent says it will make him one of the highest paid FB's in the league

Texans were apparently after him especially after Leach signed with the Ravens
Kuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhnnnnn!!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

So, hours after Rodgers said he wanted to see Jones and Kuhn back, both guys end up signing with them. Think he knew something beforehand?

Either way, this offense is looking downright scary

And here's another recap on the offseason so far:

Additions:
*Mason Crosby - re-signed to 5yr/14.75 mill with 3 mill guaranteed
*Spencer Havner - re-signed
*Brett Swain - re-signed
*James Jones - re-signed to 3 yr deal
*John Kuhn - re-signed to 3 yr deal

Cuts:
* Brandon Chillar
* Justin Harrell
* Brady Poppinga
* Mark Tauscher
* Nick Barnett
* Michael Greco
* Curtis Young

UFA:
*Anthony Smith - Not much to report on so far

Players Lost:
*Daryn Colledge - signs 5yr/28 mill with Arizona. $8 mill guaranteed, $14 mill in first 2 years
*Brandon Jackson - signs 2yr/4.5 mill with Cleveland
*Jason Spitz - Signs 3 yr deal with Jacksonville
*Korey Hall - Signed with New Orleans Saints
*Cullen Jenkins - Signed 5yr/25 mill deal with Eagles. Could end up becoming only a 1yr/4 mill deal
*Atari Bigby - He hasn't officially signed with anybody, but it's clear he is gone. Alex Green now has Bigby's number. More evidence that he is gone
Old 07-31-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news!

On offense, every starter except Colledge was brought back, in addition to adding Sherrod and Cobb and Green with the first 3 picks. The Big 4 WRs are back, and J-Mike is returning. The two bookend tackles of the future are hopefully here as well.

On defense, ILB depth has thinned out, but OLB remains the same essentially, with former starter Brad Jones returning and Ricky Elmore having a chance to upgrade Zombo and Jones opposite Bloodline.

The DL lost a good one in Cullen, but hopes big Mike Neal can stay healthy and produce, plus perhaps the addition of sleeper pick Lawrence Guy.... I like that guy's chances.

At DB, it seems Jarrett Bush has learned how to play, and with Collins and Peprah back at safety with Morgan Burnett returning, young Tramon and Shields with Woodson..... everything looks great.

Don't forget, Randall Tex Cobb (should) add a spark to our return unit.

Still, the Eagles improved without a doubt. Anti-free agency skeptics can't deny that adding guys like Aso, DRC, Jenkins, and Babin alone will improve any defense.

Hopefully their offense sputters and their OL sucks. Look for them to try and trade Asante Samuel for some help on offense, probably the OL.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

I'm pretty happy with our offseason. Jones and Kuhn are the 2 guys I wanted back and luckily we were able to retain them.

Colledge and Jackson would have been OK to keep but we can do better and the contracts they got were more than I would've wanted to spend.

In the end we're going to be in good shape next year come draft time. Hopefully we can get 2 picks for the guys we "lost" in free agency.

On the flip side we need to shore up our LB depth and find our starter at LG as soon as possible. I also think we're absolutely loaded at TE which is going to make things difficult to sort out. They should just move Havner back to LB already because I'd love to keep our 2 rookies.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Brandon Underwood has been playing at safety in camp btw. Might have him switching there. With Bush already at safety as well, I doubt Anthony Smith is back. Never know though

Main concerns for this team going into camp are these IMO

1. Who wins the LG spot? Looks like Sherrod/LAng are the main guys battling there. I expect Lang to get the job
2. ILB depth. Absolutely nothing behind Bishop/Hawk. We'll see what happens. If they add a FA or if Jones can make the move to ILB
3. OLB opposite Clay. Who will step up here? Zombo, Walden, Elmore
4. Who replaces Jenkins production? I think Neal is the real deal but the key is for him to be healthy. CJ Wilson is solid and they have Lawrence Guy in the fold as well as Green(vs the run). Not overly concerned about this area unless they get stricken with injuries here

other than that I think everything is shaping up nicely. ST as a unit is a question mark, but they did add some pieces in this years draft to beef that unit up. Cobb or perhaps Shaky Smithson on returns, as well as the 6th/7th round guys they added who were noted for being good ST players in college.

I'm already ready for Sept 8th

Last edited by BloodBrother : 07-31-2011 at 05:52 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Brandon Underwood has been playing at safety in camp btw. Might have him switching there. With Bush already at safety as well, I doubt Anthony Smith is back. Never know though
I posted it a page or 2 ago but Underwood said that he's been switched to FS.

Quote:
1. Who wins the LG spot? Looks like Sherrod/LAng are the main guys battling there. I expect Lang to get the job.
I think Sherrod wil end up winning the job. I like Lang but I don't think he has the toughness to play inside. When TT was in Seattle they had Walter Jones start his career at LG for a season before shifting back to LT as well.

Quote:
2. ILB depth. Absolutely nothing behind Bishop/Hawk. We'll see what happens. If they add a FA or if Jones can make the move to ILB
3. OLB opposite Clay. Who will step up here? Zombo, Walden, Elmore
ILB worries me. I don't like Brad Jones inside and a guy like D.J. Smith is just too small.

I'm fine at OLB for now. I think we have enough guys to make it competitive and lots of options to choose from. Zombo has to be the starter though right now.

Quote:
4. Who replaces Jenkins production? I think Neal is the real deal but the key is for him to be healthy. CJ Wilson is solid and they have Lawrence Guy in the fold as well as Green(vs the run). Not overly concerned about this area unless they get stricken with injuries here
Neal looks to be the long term answer but I think we'll ease him in this season. Wilson, Green, and Neal make for a ncie rotation plus we'll have Wynn and Guy in the mix. I really like Guy, if he can put it all together I think he'll be a very good player for us.