Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 07-29-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Has Domink improved our roster thus far?

QB - still have Freesus, Johnson, and Carpenter. Added a camp arm, Coughlin, from Boise St. as UDFA.

RB - still have Blount, Lumpkin, and Huggins. Not sure about Caddy's future. Added Bradford (Blount clone) in the draft and Allen as a UDFA.

FB - still have Lorig, Taylor, and Graham.

WR - still have Williams, Benn, Briscoe, Parker and Stroughter. I think Stovall is done and Spurlock comes back at this time. Added Lewis, Sanders and Webber as UDFAs.

TE - still have K2. Lost Gilmore. Unsure of Purvis and Overbay's future at this time, they're both probably gone. Added Stocker and Hardy through the draft.

OL - still have all of the guys who started games for us last year (Penn, Larsen, Zuttah, Faine, Joseph, Hardman, Trueblood, Lee) and backups (Carter, Barker, Dile, and Dotson) . Unsure of Economos status. Added Allen, Borders, Brandon, Feld and Yount as UDFAs.

DE - still have Bennett, Moore, Magee, and Worthington. Lost White. Unsure of Crowder's future. Added Bowers and Clayborn in the draft.

DT - still have McCoy, Price, Woods, and Miller. Unsure of Okam's future.

LB - still have Black, Hayes, Watson, and McKenzie. Lost Ruud. Unsure of Hayward's future. Added Foster in the draft and Heath, Reviez. and Smith as UDFAs.

CB - still have all of the guys who started for us last year (Talib, Barber, and Biggers) as well as our backups (Lewis and ). Mack's future is up in the air. Added Gaitor in the draft.

S - still have all of the guys who started for us last year (Jones, Jackson, and Grimm) and our back ups (Asante and Harris). Unsure of Lynch's future at this time. Added Black in the draft and Holland as a UDFA.

K - Pretty sure Barth is coming back. Added Jasper as UDFA.

P - still have Malone but his time is most certainly up after Koenen signing.

I think he has most definitely improved our roster.

Thoughts?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 07-29-2011 at 02:49 PM.
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friends are about to come over but I'll answer this one soon with my analysis of the new additions. There may be more by that time.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have without a doubt been improved. We have kept together the complete nucleus of players, and only lost either bit part guys or guys who have been failing in the system. The next few years are set to be exciting.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB - nothing to change there. Ideal situation right now :)
RB - I'm a big fan of Bradford and Allen but I was/am hoping for a proven 3rd down back. I think it'll be good to have multiple big backs. Blount is a poor short-yardage runner and may get injured with his running style.
FB - Don't have a problem with Lorig...
WR - LOVE Webber and I like the other 2 UDFAs. One of those guys should have no problem beating out Parker (just a guy).
TE - If Stocker is healthy then we're set. I don't like Hardy a lot and I can see Purvis beating him out.
OT - 3 competent starters is all I can ask for. That's what we have imo.
OG - Bringing back Joseph was necessary. Zuttah/Larsen aren't world-beaters but they didn't cost themselves last year, so might as well keep them intact. Hardman is a good backup.
C - Faine is injury prone. This position is worrisome. Olin Kreutz is available, no? *shrug*
DE - We still need a true edge rusher. I like Crowder better than Bennett and hope he returns. I agree with brasho...why not give Gholston a shot?
DT - I would've been fine with signing Okoye but this position is set imo.
OLB - In great shape here, for now and the future.
MLB - I don't see the downside in signing a vet, but we should be getting an upgrade here compared to last year regardless.
CB - Ideal situation right now. Next year is iffy.
S - Jackson and Grimm are perfect fits for our system but neither are reliable (pot, injuries). Jones is mediocre. I really hope Black picks up the defense fast. It'd be cool to see Black and Barber on the field at the same time because they're similar in a lot of ways (age not being one of them).

Kicker and punter are as good as they've ever been here. Special teams is hugely underrated and I'm glad that Dominik prioritizes the kicking game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to agree with all of the above from ETK. Cept Gholston already got picked up by the T-2 running Bears (meaning great T-2 minds thought he could possibly contribute there as well).

Also, to expand a bit on the OLine. I think we've got a ton of quality depth.

Derek Hardman was a collegiate LT. I don't think he could play there in the NFL but I think he could slide into LG, RG, and RT and be good enough.

Demar Dotson possibly has the ability to be good at either LT or RT.

James Lee we know can play RT, he could probably play all spots on the OLine except C.

Jeremy Zuttah might be the most versatile OLineman in the league. He could conceivably play all positions.

Ted Larsen proved himself at LG, he was a collegiate C so I'm sure he could play there as well. I honestly think Jeff Faine's days are numbered in Tampa.

Brandon Carter can play either OG position, I also think he has the feet to play RT.

The least versatile member of the OLine is Trueblood, who is too slow for LT, and too tall for OG. He's a RT only and has verly little value as a RT-only.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I'd have to agree with all of the above from ETK. Cept Gholston already got picked up by the T-2 running Bears (meaning great T-2 minds thought he could possibly contribute there as well).

Also, to expand a bit on the OLine. I think we've got a ton of quality depth.

Derek Hardman was a collegiate LT. I don't think he could play there in the NFL but I think he could slide into LG, RG, and RT and be good enough.

Demar Dotson possibly has the ability to be good at either LT or RT.

James Lee we know can play RT, he could probably play all spots on the OLine except C.

Jeremy Zuttah might be the most versatile OLineman in the league. He could conceivably play all positions.

Ted Larsen proved himself at LG, he was a collegiate C so I'm sure he could play there as well. I honestly think Jeff Faine's days are numbered in Tampa.

Brandon Carter can play either OG position, I also think he has the feet to play RT.

The least versatile member of the OLine is Trueblood, who is too slow for LT, and too tall for OG. He's a RT only and has verly little value as a RT-only.
Yeah I know Gholston and Okoye are on the Bears. Angelo doesn't gave the greatest rep as a GM but those 2 are low-risk high reward signings. Gholston is stiff as we all know but he was a legit pass rusher in college (owned Long multiple times) and has a rare strength/speed combo as a RDE. Dominik and Raheem aren't the first coach/GM duo who do an excellent job but also shoot themselves in the foot with stubbornness.

I was one of the most vocal Trueblood haters for years but he was solid last year. I'll never forget the idiotic penalties or him getting owned by Peppers so many times but he can be a good RT in our system. His run blocking should be excellent and his pass pro acceptable, with some protection slides any time he's facing a beast like Peppers in London this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes. He's doing the right thing and building through the draft. He's finding talent all over the place in each round.

Honestly, I think he had a nice find in Larry Assante at SS. He could unseat Sean Jones easily in TC. Played well when he was on the field last year.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
shabazz916
Rookie

shabazz916 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.shabazz916 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like our team its young & hungry
shabazz916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you say "Youngry"?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 08-01-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
Would you say "Youngry"?
No, i'd say "houng".

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

all h0m0? lol