Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's what I would do with the offense at this point.

QB: 2 Rodgers | Flynn (Harrell to PS)
RB: 3 Grant | Starks | Green
FB: 3 Kuhn | Johnson | Taylor
WR: 5 Jennings | Jones | Nelson | Driver | Cobb
TE: 4 Finley | Williams | Crabtree | Quarless
OL: 9 Clifton | Lang | Wells | Sitton | Bulaga | Sherrod | Newhouse | McDonald | Diet-Smith (Schlauderaff to PS)

26 total, which is the same as last year. Last year we kept three fullbacks and four tightends. Ryan Taylor and DJ Williams are tightends but both can also line up at fullback. Still keep seven total. Really early to call on the ninth linemen spot.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Here's what I would do with the offense at this point.

QB: 2 Rodgers | Flynn (Harrell to PS)
RB: 3 Grant | Starks | Green
FB: 3 Kuhn | Johnson | Taylor
WR: 5 Jennings | Jones | Nelson | Driver | Cobb
TE: 4 Finley | Williams | Crabtree | Quarless
OL: 9 Clifton | Lang | Wells | Sitton | Bulaga | Sherrod | Newhouse | McDonald | Diet-Smith (Schlauderaff to PS)

26 total, which is the same as last year. Last year we kept three fullbacks and four tightends. Ryan Taylor and DJ Williams are tightends but both can also line up at fullback. Still keep seven total. Really early to call on the ninth linemen spot.
I'd be shocked if both rookie TEs, Williams and Taylor, make the final cuts. But maybe they think Taylor is their new Korey Hall. Hall was a solid LB at Boise State and we turned him into a versatile FB and special teamer.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I'd be shocked if both rookie TEs, Williams and Taylor, make the final cuts. But maybe they think Taylor is their new Korey Hall. Hall was a solid LB at Boise State and we turned him into a versatile FB and special teamer.
Taylor was drafted due to his special teams ability (3 year ST player of the year at UNC). I think they'll find a roster spot for him.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers finally get their White House invite, going August 12th. Sucks for the guys on new teams.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Taylor I guess has pretty amazing hands, is a plus blocker, Great ST guy, versitle, and had outstanding work ethic. I think he makes. Quinn Johnson i think may not make the cut however
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
Taylor I guess has pretty amazing hands, is a plus blocker, Great ST guy, versitle, and had outstanding work ethic. I think he makes. Quinn Johnson i think may not make the cut however
AGREED BROTHER
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:45 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've had the trio of Hall-Kuhn-QJ for like 3 years....... it worked....... but now we lost Hall already so I'd be a but surprised to see 2/3rd of that trio gone. But you never know. We were all surprised Crabtree made the team last year at Havner's expense so....
Old 08-04-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw John Kuhn's deal is in the 3yr/7.5 mill range. Not that bad

still don't know exactly what JAmes Jones got $ wise
Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone see the deal Woodley just signed?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6835818/lamarr-woodley-pittsburgh-steelers-lands-615m-deal-source-says

Makes me wonder what is it going to take to get Clay signed long-term.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Jones contract is 3yr/9.4 mill. He will get 3.75 mill in his first year

very nice contract
Old 08-05-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post

very nice contract
Not bad, a little more than I expected, but not bad. We'll owe him an average of $2.8 million a year after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Anyone see the deal Woodley just signed?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6835818/lamarr-woodley-pittsburgh-steelers-lands-615m-deal-source-says

Makes me wonder what is it going to take to get Clay signed long-term.
Fortunately we'll have another 2 years until we'll have to worry about that.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

I think we came out we came out pretty well on Jones' deal, considering some guys really cashed in. Hopefully that makes Jordy a little less enthusiastic to test the market. I'd love to keep our receivers together.

My thoughts on the third QB spot. Mostly just me thinking out loud here...
I'm wondering how committed the team is to Graham Harrell. I'm fairly certain he has practice squad eligibility, after only being on the roster a few games at the end of last year. Unless Harrell has a dynamite preseason and won't be able to clear the waver wire, that's where I'd go with him. With the new rule change (no emergency QB but 46 spots), keeping a third QB makes less sense. If we keep Harrell on the roster and don't suit him, there is really no advantage to giving him a roster spot rather than having him on standby with the practice squad. Also, keep in mind that Cobb can be a good option as the gameday #3 QB once he knows the playbook. If the team keeps Harrell, it's more of a move for next year to replace Flynn.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

MM seems to like Graham...... he'd like to be able to keep him active on game days now that they get an extra.

Practice tonight:
Greg Jennings has a hip flexor, doesn't seem a big issue... cross fingers.
Davon House has a hamstring issue, and I hate those......
James Starks looked fantastic.
Mason Crosby sucked.... missed 4 straight at one point.
MM not worried because it was MC's first live action of camp.
Finley toasted Nick Collins so bad, it looked like Collins lost his jock strap.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:15 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finley is gonna be the best tight end in the league in a year!!
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crosby missed 4 in a row at one point.. hmmm what will be his excuse this year? Last year it was because we kept on changing holders. That shouldnt be an issue this year. I hope the Packers dont get into any games where it comes down to his foot.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Crosby missed 4 in a row at one point.. hmmm what will be his excuse this year? Last year it was because we kept on changing holders. That shouldnt be an issue this year. I hope the Packers dont get into any games where it comes down to his foot.
Geez its his 1st practice. You guys are unreal...
Old 08-06-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Its a practice and his 1st one at that but he has showed all of us 0 reason to have faith in him. Besides hes a pro FG kicker its not like he should have went the entire offseason without kicking 1 ball. Im not worried that he missed 4 in a row at this point. I just said I dont have any faith in him when it comes to clutch kicks which I think is pretty fair to say. It would be nice to hear how he is having a great camp after he got payed but its the games that matter.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Guys?
Is PackerLegend 2 guys?

Grant & Starks could be 2009 DeAngelo Williams-Jonathan Stewart!
Defenses will be totally focused on getting to #12, stopping 85, 88, 89, 87, 80..... loose defenses, if our new LG can be a mauler, we could have a great running attack. Don't be surprised.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Guys?
Is PackerLegend 2 guys?
No I was referring to your comment as well, sorry bud :\
Old 08-06-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron throws a pick six on the first play haha

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Wow and just like that its over. Canceled due to weather.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

yeah that sucked. Man, the rookies and UDFA really have an uphill battle to climb. Camp started late, and now they can't even have the family night scrimmage. They won't have a lot of opportunities to impress

Cobb looked good and Starks looked waaaay better than Grant IMO. Granted, can't really tell too much during a scrimmage where there is little contact, but Starks seemed quicker with his cut and looked more powerful running it

Underwood hurt himself in the game, slipped on the field. Hopefully it wasn't anything too serious. Was helped off the field but then started to walk a bit under his own power.

Other than that the injuries that have been reported are just basic things that happen once camp is underway. The only one that could be a problem is DAvon House who hurt his hammy. Those things can linger. Hopefully it just tightened up and a few days rest + plenty of water will do the trick
Old 08-06-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
yeah that sucked. Man, the rookies and UDFA really have an uphill battle to climb. Camp started late, and now they can't even have the family night scrimmage. They won't have a lot of opportunities to impress

Cobb looked good and Starks looked waaaay better than Grant IMO. Granted, can't really tell too much during a scrimmage where there is little contact, but Starks seemed quicker with his cut and looked more powerful running it

Underwood hurt himself in the game, slipped on the field. Hopefully it wasn't anything too serious. Was helped off the field but then started to walk a bit under his own power.

Other than that the injuries that have been reported are just basic things that happen once camp is underway. The only one that could be a problem is DAvon House who hurt his hammy. Those things can linger. Hopefully it just tightened up and a few days rest + plenty of water will do the trick
Starks definetly looks more explosive. He seems to have that vision too to find the holes. We're definetly in a good position at RB right now.

I've been very impressed with Cobb so far. He's shown good burst and hands and should give us another weapon that defenses have to account for.

That really sucks for House. He was really starting to come on too. Seemed like he was making a few plays each practice. Hopefully it's not something serious and he can return. Seems poised to be somebody if he can stay healthy.

The defense is definetly ahead of the offense right now. I guess we'll find out more a week from now come the start of preseason.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Aaron throws a pick six on the first play haha
Who picked it off? Any other big plays from players? I missed it this year.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

very nice contract
understatement. If Santonio Holmes can get 5 years, 50 million; James Jones is an uber-bargain.