Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout View Post
Didn't Starks get abused in that one game where the Steelers gave up 9 sacks against the Ravens?

the gave up 5 more sacks in the 2nd Ravens game as well... so someone had to have been getting worked.
The #1 Defense in the NFL just abused them in both games! Actually it was just a combination of bad pass blocking and great defensive scheming by Rex Ryan. Such as the monster hit on Big Ben by Bart Scott, that was both the breakdown in pass protection and great scheming because Scott was untouched coming on an overload blitz.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would seriously doubt the Cardinals are actually entertaining this idea. The only way I could see a trade like this happening is if Pitt threw in another pick, maybe their 3rd. If this rumor is actually true then that would lead me to believe that Grimm knows something about Starks that we don't.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As a Cardinals fan I'd be very much against this, so I hope there is little truth in this.

Under Green, our Oline always was big but too slow and lacked footwork and Starks would do nothing to break that unsuccessful mould. In fact we might as well have resigned Davis or promote another former Steeler, Ross. If not wanting him isn't enough, there is no way his value matches what should be a early 2nd rounder at the very least. I haven't been overly estatic about this offseason so far, and to me this seems like a blunder.

I'm hopefull that:
1. This doesn't happen.
or 2. I'm wrong about this and it works out well.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a lie someone started because they felt like it and has no crediblity at all. Now if they said they were gonna trade Faneca or something to swap I might believe it, but Starks is not worth moving up 10 spots
Old 03-31-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Please let this happen.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think its really unliekly that it would happen

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

apparently there's rumors out of Arizona that it would be Faneca, not Starks.

Even if its Faneca, I wouldn't mind the trade because he is going to be a free agent and we likely can't afford him. Especially if it gives us a shot at Gaines Adams and possibly Joe Thomas.

And Starks is definitely not a hard worker in the offseason, he gets waaay overweight.

Last edited by steelernation77 : 03-31-2007 at 05:04 PM.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Interesting, wonder who the Steelers would be targeting.

Branch, Adams, Ginn?

Yes I can see Ginn going higher than a lot of people think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Interesting, wonder who the Steelers would be targeting.

Branch, Adams, Ginn?

Yes I can see Ginn going higher than a lot of people think.
they would definitely NOT be targeting Ginn. I think that Adams would be the pick.

I heard that this trade would go down only if Thomas is gone before the Cards pick.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if it is really starks then thats really funny because word is that willie colon has a good chance of beating out starks for the RT position even if he stays.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
apparently there's rumors out of Arizona that it would be Faneca, not Starks.

Even if its Faneca, I wouldn't mind the trade because he is going to be a free agent and we likely can't afford him. Especially if it gives us a shot at Gaines Adams and possibly Joe Thomas.

And Starks is definitely not a hard worker in the offseason, he gets waaay overweight.
Faneca? That's a bit strange. I really thought the staff liked the two young guards they had in Milford Brown and Deuce Lutui.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Faneca? That's a bit strange. I really thought the staff liked the two young guards they had in Milford Brown and Deuce Lutui.
I just heard this on a Steelers board, I ended up following the link and it lead to a Card's forum that said Faneca was the trade but it may just be speculation.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

interesting if it does happen. Who would the steelers draft? I think Adams and Anderson wouldn't be ideal fits for the current system, but what about some of the other guys they could get? Amobi Okoye playing DE across of Smith, AP making them the best tandem in the nfl, Leon Hall. I like all these picks, but I think that Adams and Anderson would only fit in the OLB position, and steelers don't pick those guys in round 1... how about this longshot... Laron Landry?
Old 03-31-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With rumors going around that their All Pro Guard is going to sit out for a new deal, I doubt they would take the chance and trade a starting tackle too. I don't think Starks is anything more than average either.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
interesting if it does happen. Who would the steelers draft? I think Adams and Anderson wouldn't be ideal fits for the current system, but what about some of the other guys they could get? Amobi Okoye playing DE across of Smith, AP making them the best tandem in the nfl, Leon Hall. I like all these picks, but I think that Adams and Anderson would only fit in the OLB position, and steelers don't pick those guys in round 1... how about this longshot... Laron Landry?
What current system is that? You're switching over gradually to a Tampa 2. Any of those players would fit just fine.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is great for the steelers and awful for the Cards....starks sucks...but Gaines Adams would be amazing for the steelers...i would be ecstatic

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
What current system is that? You're switching over gradually to a Tampa 2. Any of those players would fit just fine.
Only if the 3-4 completely bombs this year

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

This is totally off-topic but there is a guy at my gym that looks exactly like Ric Flair from you sig....its pretty hilarious....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
JoeSixPac
Rookie

JoeSixPac hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If this did happen I would love to see them pick branch. Branch and Hampton on the same line would be awesome!

But unless Charlie Wisenhunt has been hiding the key that when used makes Starks the best Tackle in the NFL, this won't happen.
JoeSixPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not sure if this was already posted but isn't Starks a LT, and who exactly will be the Cards RT, maybe they trade down for Levi Brown.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I am not sure if this was already posted but isn't Starks a LT, and who exactly will be the Cards RT, maybe they trade down for Levi Brown.
If they trade with the Steelers and get Starks. Draft Staley. Their line would be much improved. They should get some picks from Pitt also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

All i gotta say is DUUU UMMBB
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
If they trade with the Steelers and get Starks. Draft Staley. Their line would be much improved. They should get some picks from Pitt also.
True but would you really consider Staley a top 15 pick, his stock is late first now IMO, they can put Starks at LT were he played at PIT and draft Levi Brown probably the best RT prospect in the draft.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
True but would you really consider Staley a top 15 pick, his stock is late first now IMO, they can put Starks at LT were he played at PIT and draft Levi Brown probably the best RT prospect in the draft.
I don't think they could go wrong either way, but I'm probably to high on Staley.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

starks played rt
marvel played lt