Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-04-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default USA Today Coaches Poll released

Discuss.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

I think FSU is way too high.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Discuss.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

I think FSU is way too high.
i'd agree. i wasn't too old during fsu's glory years, but it seems like the college football world has just been waiting for them to get back to that level. i'd also say florida is too high. i just don't think you can rank a sec team with brantley at qb that high right now. if weis fixes him, then florida becomes top 25.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are people so high on LSU? I really don't feel like they are a top 5 school. The top 15 IMO should be more like this:
1. Oklahoma
2. Alabama
3. Oregon
4. Stanford
5. Boise State
6. LSU
7. Oklahoma State
8. Florida State
9. Wisconsin
10. Texas A&M
11. South Carolina
12. Arkansas
13. Nebraska
14. Virginia Tech
15. Ohio State

LSU and FSU shouldn't be top 5, Stanford, Bosie, Oklahoma St, South Carolina, and Arkansas need to be higher

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because other than QB, LSU has a ton of talent.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
i'd agree. i wasn't too old during fsu's glory years, but it seems like the college football world has just been waiting for them to get back to that level. i'd also say florida is too high. i just don't think you can rank a sec team with brantley at qb that high right now. if weis fixes him, then florida becomes top 25.
unfortunately, i agree. love my gators, and we have a ton of talent. i just cant see us winning more than 8 games this year.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida State probably isn't the 5th best team in the country. But at worst they will be 11-3 this year. They will certainly be ranked top-ten at the end of the season and if they beat Oklahoma at home, they have a great chance to go undefeated.

The team I think is ranked way to high is Auburn. They are a 6 or 7 win team. In no way are they a top-twenty team.

I also think Central Florida should be ranked. They finished last season in the top-twenty. I think they will be better. If they get past BYU to start the season, I could see them going undefeated in the regular season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why is alabama #2 after losing McElroy, Ingram, Jones, Carpenter, and Dareus. they lost three games last year, so losing arguably their 5 most imporatant players is gonna make them better? Oregon should be #2. They lost a lot less and were actually undefeated last season going into the NC (which they narrowly lost on a last second FG) and play a weaker schedule.

Also why do we still have preseason polls? they should release the first one in october, not august.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Bama but yeah they really are highly overranked & I wouldn't be shocked if Mettenberger pushes Jefferson hard at that QB position.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (4-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spurrier is no longer voting for Duke in these.

:(
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Love Bama but yeah they really are highly overranked & I wouldn't be shocked if Mettenberger pushes Jefferson hard at that QB position.
Mettenberger isn't going to push Jefferson. He is going to pick him up and toss him around like a rag doll. Jefferson is garbage. If he starts this year, he and Jacory Harris will push Reggie Ball for the worst four-year starters of a BCS-Team ever.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 08-04-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha don't even utter Reggie's name. He was apart of my family for a brief period through a marriage.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Haha don't even utter Reggie's name. He was apart of my family for a brief period through a marriage.
Bad memories? Because I certainly do. I had season tickets to Georgia Tech games for three of his four seasons as a starter. They should have been winning ACC titles during his time there, not seven games.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 08-04-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

The worst. I feel like all GT needed was a little competency to throw to Megatron and then things could have gotten serious to the core. I was def a fan of Nesbitt's though & Bebe went to high school right by my grandma's house.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not used to Gamecocks praise, acclaim, and hype. Gonna be interesting to see how they respond to it, playing as the apparent front runner in the SEC East.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Why are people so high on LSU? I really don't feel like they are a top 5 school. The top 15 IMO should be more like this:
1. Oklahoma
2. Alabama
3. Oregon
4. Stanford
5. Boise State
6. LSU
7. Oklahoma State
8. Florida State
9. Wisconsin
10. Texas A&M
11. South Carolina
12. Arkansas
13. Nebraska
14. Virginia Tech
15. Ohio State

LSU and FSU shouldn't be top 5, Stanford, Bosie, Oklahoma St, South Carolina, and Arkansas need to be higher
i dont think there is a school that reloads better than LSU(maybe Oklahoma).. with that said, i dont think there is a school in the country that disappoints more than them

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arkansas will win the SEC.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still surprised every time Stanford is ranked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm content with South Carolina's position. We may have the talent to be higher, but we're also South Carolina.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I'm still surprised every time Stanford is ranked.
me too man. im so used to them sucking. i've been waiting all my life for either SJSU or Stanford (or Santa Clara to upstart their program again) to be good and now our days have finally come.

all hail andrew luck!

Old 08-05-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we deserve to be in the top 25.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
is there any reasoning behind this?

Old 08-05-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
I certainly agree. Anyone who watched the Mountaineers last year saw that the talent was there but Bill Stewart may have been the worst head coach in football. Our defense has been top notch but our problem has been offense since Rich Rod left. We're bringing in an offensive mind in Holgerson to coach up Geno Smith even more. I'd give Geno Smith an outside shot at the Heisman this year. Love the weapons around him, and the offense is a perfect fit for him. And, he was just a sophomore last year so I expect a huge step forward.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
is there any reasoning behind this?
....... no

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote