Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-07-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geez we sure do nit pick about trades in this league alot don't we? Lol. I mean, I kinda thought that was the whole point of fantasy, and running a team? Sometimes you have to take your lumps with a trade, learn why you didn't get the better end, or wise up in general after some bad moves.

It's 1 thing to just get a discussion about some trades, but there always seems to be 2 many trades we want to break down and IMO it discourages some people from trading more in the future if your on the end of everyone telling you that you got ripped off.

Unless it's Drew Brees being traded for John Beck I've never felt the need to disect a trade, not everyone is gonna feel the same about players and there is nothing wrong with taking risk, or overpaying.

Let's say for example I want Aaron Rodgers off Shane. I offer what's a fair value offer and it's declined. So I come back and up it even more and he says good offer but he doubts he can do it. So I send a 3rd offer and throw a bit more in and he takes it, shouldn't I be able to take that risk if I really believe in a player? I've always felt so.

Nobody should have to defend their trade IMO, it's not that serious, and it takes the fun out of it. No offense to anyone at all, just wanted to say that. I know I had quite a few trades where I didn't really know the value of QB's yet so I needed it and totally understand sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say trade and enjoy it :) I am exploring some other opportunities too and won't let this dissuade me.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt any of you do, but anybody picking 3-7 interested in a move down to #9 I can present an attractive deal for you. Higher I can get more I'm willing to give up.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I doubt any of you do, but anybody picking 3-7 interested in a move down to #9 I can present an attractive deal for you. Higher I can get more I'm willing to give up.
Im at 5 and very interested in moving down. PM me an offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Im at 5 and very interested in moving down. PM me an offer.
I thought you were the 1 I was discussing a move down offer with. Let me drum up a few more offers and run some scenarios with you and see what you are interested in as a starting point. Not really sure I can do the initial offer we talked about, but I'm sure we can work something out.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I thought you were the 1 I was discussing a move down offer with. Let me drum up a few more offers and run some scenarios with you and see what you are interested in as a starting point. Not really sure I can do the initial offer we talked about, but I'm sure we can work something out.
Yeah you were, just saying Im still down to talk and pursue a trade down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
ironmon
Rookie

ironmon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

pretty quite around here with so much nfl action right before draft time
ironmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, this week I'll get everything out and make sure everyone is good.

Also a tradE:

Fireballs get:

5th round pick

Quiet Storm gets:

TE Chris Cooley

Follow Me on Twitter!

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 08-01-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
ironmon
Rookie

ironmon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default thanks shane

not that it is a big deal but

the players are reversed. fireballs 5th round pick, quiet storm cooley

thanks. look forward to the draft. are we still using the 12 hour clock, i was counting the days till season and it could get close since this years draft is longer.

devon
ironmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Another trade:

I send:

RB Michael Bush

Hell's Satans sends:

4th round selection

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.

draft order is wrong, or else Longhorns is trying to trade my pick. I should be 1.10
hells-satans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Since you beat LL in the 3rd place game, you move up one place in the draft order.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I'm ready for this draft to start. Still curious about moving up, but I need to see how the draft falls so I can keep an eye on my target. I'll be shooting out offers, more then likely through a PM here since we are drafting here once we officially start.

Quote:
Old 08-05-2011, 09:24 AM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.

Wow, that's and interesting wrinkle. I like it!

Locker 1st overall. I like it. Shows that team went with their own talent evaluation, not someone elses.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

Where are the cuts posted?
Old 08-05-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'll post them here, though they are all in the Yahoo pool

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

You can see the list of cuts:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....3/transactions

Or all players available:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/3993/players

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

*** Ork Wang like teh pr0n
Old 08-05-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells-satans View Post
*** Ork Wang like teh pr0n
What? lol

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We have a trade:

Longhorns gives:
MJD
3rd round selection

Project Mayhem gives:

#5 overall
RB Ryan Grant

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

NICE TRADE!! LL making a serious run here. Well done sir, which I had the pieces to do that.

Kept your pick in the first too. Wow, great trade for you. Hopefully Mayhem gets another good year or two out of MJD and the knee doesn't blow up on him. He is only 26.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

To get Grant back on the other end...wow. Bravo sir.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

If anyone is interested in trading back into 1st let me know

looking for young stud WR or established starting QB
Old 08-05-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm interested if the player I want is still there. I have Austin Collie up for trade (for you or anyone)

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

Need more than a few games of stud production. I like him but not quite that much.