Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-07-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The 2012 Cowboys Draft Thread

Didn't see one started, and I figured it was about time to get one up.

I think it is pretty safe to say we will be looking at defensive backs and defensive lineman pretty early.

What are some names to keep an eye on?

Some of the guys I plan to watch are:

Alfonzo Dennard
Jared Crick
Ray Ray Armstrong
Mark Barron
Dre Kirkpatrick
Jayron Hosely

Who else are you guys liking early?
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Sean Baker sooo bad, not sure where he goes probably a 3rd rounder

mini mock
Crick/ 5 tech
interior OL
Baker/ Safety
Corner
WR
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
I want Sean Baker sooo bad, not sure where he goes probably a 3rd rounder

mini mock
Crick/ 5 tech
interior OL
Baker/ Safety
Corner
WR
I don't think Dallas can wait till the 3rd to address the secondary. I was thinking:

1st-DB
2nd-DL
3rd-OG/C
4th-DB
5th-Slot WR
6th-BPA
7th-BPA
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
I don't think Dallas can wait till the 3rd to address the secondary. I was thinking:

1st-DB
2nd-DL
3rd-OG/C
4th-DB
5th-Slot WR
6th-BPA
7th-BPA
I think this looks pretty good.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bluebonnet78
Rookie

bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.

We might even go OLB if the value is there in the first especially if Spencer doesn't come back. Of course we could just give Butler a starting shot next season and see how that pans out.

But i agree on taking a DB somewhere in the first, maybe a DL in the second, and Maybe another Guard or center in the 3rd or 4th. Hope we lean towards the defense in 2012.
bluebonnet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Wishlist:

Cliff Harris

We need an infusion of young playmaking talent in our secondary and Harris is the best in this class at taking the football away. Not only are his ball skills elite but he's a blue chip return man so he's got the ability to take any INT to the house. He has a red flag or two with the incident that happened this past spring, but if everything checks out I want him on this team.

Ray Ray Armstrong

Unlimited potential, has that rare combination of size/speed that intrigues you at the Safety position. More of a SS type, Armstrong would bring a nastiness/swag to the secondary that we desperately need. He's not there yet, but he's got the ability to develop into a similar player as Sean Taylor.

David Decastro

Smart, athletic, tough... Decastro seems like a Garrett kind of guy. Our other guard spot is going to be a wild card in determining what direction we go in next off-season. If Nagy/Arkin can prove worthy as starters for us this season then we won't need to spend a premium pick, but I'd say that's a long shot. Plus, Kosier is not getting any younger.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
My Wishlist:

Cliff Harris

We need an infusion of young playmaking talent in our secondary and Harris is the best in this class at taking the football away. Not only are his ball skills elite but he's a blue chip return man so he's got the ability to take any INT to the house. He has a red flag or two with the incident that happened this past spring, but if everything checks out I want him on this team.

Ray Ray Armstrong

Unlimited potential, has that rare combination of size/speed that intrigues you at the Safety position. More of a SS type, Armstrong would bring a nastiness/swag to the secondary that we desperately need. He's not there yet, but he's got the ability to develop into a similar player as Sean Taylor.

David Decastro

Smart, athletic, tough... Decastro seems like a Garrett kind of guy. Our other guard spot is going to be a wild card in determining what direction we go in next off-season. If Nagy/Arkin can prove worthy as starters for us this season then we won't need to spend a premium pick, but I'd say that's a long shot. Plus, Kosier is not getting any younger.
I like that pick of Cliff Harris. I really have a strong hunch that he will be a future Cowboy. I dunno why, but it won't surprise me one bit to see him be our guy on draft day. You may just get your wish! :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are some guys I'm watching and NFP's breakdown of them.

Quote:
LB Courtney Upshaw: Alabama (6-2, 263)
I like him as a 34 outside backer who can play on the strong side, take on linemen at the point and also rush the passer. He’s at his best attacking downhill, using his strong hands to disengage and always is around the football. Looks like a year one starter to me at the next level with scheme versatility and impact potential.

DT Alameda Ta’amu: Washington (6-3, 335)
This is the kind of guy who has the ability to anchor the middle of an NFL defense in either a 3-4 or 4-3 front. Needs to do a better job finding the football, but overall he looks like a starter you can win because of at the next level.

CB Chase Minnifield: Virginia (6-0, 188)
A talented corner who can bend, re-direct, maintain balance out of his breaks and make plays on the football. Improved as the year went on in 2010 and looks like one of the more NFL ready corners in this year’s draft. Should be able to start in just about any scheme.

DT Kheeston Randall: Texas (6-5, 295)
Is an impressive bender for his size with the skill set to start as either a 34 DE or 43 one gaping tackle. Could develop into an impact defensive lineman if he works at it.

OG Kevin Zeitler: Wisconsin (6-4, 320)
A tough, strong in-line guy who you can run behind and also has some coordination on the move. Not as effective in the pass game, but can mature into an average NFL pass blocker if he learns to get off the ball more consistently. Looks like a gritty type starter early on in his NFL career.

DE Trevor Guyton: Cal (6-3, 289)
A guy who can fill a number of roles on a defense. He’s a naturally powerful kid who can anchor and overwhelm vs. the run game. Needs to improve his hands and awareness, but the upside is there for him to move up boards in a big way with a strong senior year.

SS Harrison Smith: Notre Dame (6-2, 214) He’s a thicker kid who can really tackle, gets good jumps in the pass game and will make plays on the football. Is a little tight by NFL standards, but his instincts are very good and he should earn a starting job at the next level as a strong safety.

WR Ryan Broyles: Oklahoma (5-11, 187)
Isn’t a legit number one type wide out and isn’t a guy who I would even play on the outside routinely in the NFL. However, demonstrates the polish and quickness needed to separate underneath and should be a solid contributor early inside for an NFL offense.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I like that pick of Cliff Harris. I really have a strong hunch that he will be a future Cowboy. I dunno why, but it won't surprise me one bit to see him be our guy on draft day. You may just get your wish! :D
I'm just not sure if the team views CB as a round 1 priority being we just gave Scandrick starter money. Mike Jenkins' play this year will obviously play a hand in that as well, but I think the team thinks they have their future 1 and 2 already on the roster.

Safety makes more sense to me in round 1 because Sense and Elam were only given stop-gap contracts, and we don't really have any promising prospect on the team. Ugh, AoA has been such a disappointment. I know your a fan of McDonald, he probably makes the most sense ATM.

It's gonna be fun seeing how the C/G situation plays out. I'm not a believer in those young guys but who knows. If they do **** the bed we're gonna have to seriously consider taking a guard like Decastro in round 1. I hope not, the D needs as many high picks for DL and secondary as possible.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

And speaking of USC guys, how'd Khaled Holmes play last year? He's a G/C who's should be in that 3-4 range.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still a Kenny Tate fan, but watching the game against Miami this week really makes me think his draft stock is going to drop big time. It's like they don't know what to do with him. They moved him to linebacker, and they kept moving him close to the line of scrimmage. He'll probably drop to a point where he can be had cheap.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'm still a Kenny Tate fan, but watching the game against Miami this week really makes me think his draft stock is going to drop big time. It's like they don't know what to do with him. They moved him to linebacker, and they kept moving him close to the line of scrimmage. He'll probably drop to a point where he can be had cheap.
I don't know what use we'd have for him. Even Roy Williams looked amazing at Oklahoma. As we found out the hard way, there's no role for guys like him who are LB/S tweeners.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

2012 Draft Needs = same as 2006 to 2011.

OL, NT, ILB, Safeties
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
2012 Draft Needs = same as 2006 to 2011.

OL, NT, ILB, Safeties
I had a feeling you were robert_in_nyc. Hi Bob.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I had a feeling you were robert_in_nyc. Hi Bob.
dude yes, lol, the jerry bashing in the discussion thread coupled with the drafting hate was pretty obvious.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It took you guys that long? lol. I knew as soon as I saw the username.

I didnt know Airmax was CDCB, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Every year, I try to have a fun way to track the guys that capture my attention. Whether it be weekly Top 10 lists... or a Season Tracker... this year, I don't know what I'll do, but I think I'll do a "Fab 5" by mentioning guys who had standout performances each week at positions I think we need.

So here goes...

The Fab 5 - Week 1

CB Shaun Prater, Iowa - 5'10, 185

A solid game with an 89 yard TD return off INT will get you on this list. :) Prater has 7 career INTs and is the best defensive player that Iowa has. My eyes are on you kid! ;)

FS John Boyett, Oregon - 5'10 202

Lead the Ducks with 14 tackles, 1 TFL. Junior (3 year starter) and team captain. Had 5 INTs last year. My guess is that he'll return for his Senior year, but I had to list him because he was all over the place against LSU, eventhough they lost.

SS Winston Guy, Kentucky - 6'1, 216

Unbelievable week 1 for Winston Guy who ended up with 10 tackles, 2.5 for loss add in 2 Interceptions! That's what I call playmaking ability! Jumped on my radar with that performance. Dude also runs Track.

ILB Luke Kuechly, Boston College - 6'2, 237

How does a 19 tackle game with an INT (near TD) sound for the first game of the year? I know we drafted Bruce Carter, but this year's ILB crop is oozing wtih talent (another reason I hated the pick). I'm telling myself that Carter is a career Nickel LB because Sean Lee and Luke Kuechly could be the most cerebral ILB duo in the league.

FS Jerrell Young, USF - 6'1, 209

Stripped the ball away early in the game to cause a fumble that lead to a 96 yard TD and then had ANOTHER game changing play when he intercepted a pass in the 4th quarter as the Bulls sealed and delivered Notre Dame a tough loss. I'm expecting a breakout year from this kid.

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-08-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting to see you looking at Kuechly. Aren't you the one saying we need more beef in the middle...more of a thumper? His main knock is his size at 6-2 235...

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-09-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MOTH you have any thoughts on Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina? Think he fits our mold at corner.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-09-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Vontaze Burfict sure looks as advertised. If I'm going ILB I want this kid. 3 sacks and disruptive all game.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-09-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Not sure if I'm sold on Guy yet either. He's excelled when he's moved close to the LOS. He is a playing that lb/s tweener that is so popular in college. Found a couple of blurbs on him. I'll need to see him have that same type ability against some real competition for him to be a blip on my radar. But if he keeps it up you still have to ask the question can he have that same type of production in the NFL where the scheme isn't always gonna be tailored for all his strengths? If moving him closer to the LOS is what makes him tick..I just worry that he must have something wrong that made his head coach change his role. TBD i guess

Quote:
In his first game as a hybrid linebacker/safety in new UK co-defensive coordinator Rick Minter's 3-4 scheme, Guy was all over LP Field. The 6-foot-1, 216-pound senior had 10 tackles, 2.5 of them for loss, and picked off two Hilltoppers passes.

More importantly, Guy thrived in his first game playing the vital role of disrupter in Minter's new system. Where Guy was purely a strong safety in the 4-3 scheme UK employed a year ago, this season he will be asked to play more often near the line of scrimmage as a linebacker.
For a player who tested the NFL Draft waters after last season and who very much aspires to be playing on Sundays, Guy was less than thrilled initially when Minter pitched him on his new role.
"I talked with (Guy) when they first made the move, and I think he was a little confused," Lexington Catholic Coach Bill Letton says of his former star. "I think it was changing the label as much as anything that bothered him. 'Am I a safety or a linebacker?' We tried to come at it with him from the point, (the NFL) is looking for guys who make plays. (Minter) is trying to put you in position to make a whole bunch of plays."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/09/06/1...#ixzz1XTPIlA2A

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-09-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

McClellin might be a guy to look at in the mid rounds if Spencer doesn't justify a new contract after this year. He reminded me of woodley coming off the edge last week. Another guy who has do turn in and do it every week for me to buy tho.

Quote:
Shea McClellin, DE-OLB, Boise State -- During the Broncos' statement win over Georgia, McClellin was an unstoppable force, leading Boise State in all tackling categories. The senior finished with 7 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss and another 2.5 sacks against what is a talented Georgia line. McClellin has the size to line up as a one-gap defensive end, but also possesses the skills necessary to be considered as an outside linebacker in the 3-4 alignment. His intensity is infectious and his ability to routinely make plays behind the line of scrimmage will surely push McClellin into the middle rounds.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1XTSNcThy

Didn't see him play but Sualsberry sounds like a Garrett type of OL. We have some good youth on the interior but who's to say we don't need more competition and flexibility. Playing 4 positions and being able to move has to put him higher than some others that teams may rank better overall interior OL. Guy to keep your ear out for.

Quote:
Quentin Saulsberry, OL, Mississippi State -- Saulsberry made the seamless transition to center in the Bulldogs' season-opening win after starting at both guard spots the prior two seasons. He looked powerful, dominant and very quick, commanding an offensive line that totaled more than 300 yards rushing against Memphis. The versatile lineman is not just a small-area blocker, as he moves very well on his feet and displayed terrific skills blocking in motion. The ability to play four positions on the offensive line (he was a freshman starter at right tackle), coupled with his blocking prowess, will result in a rise up draft boards for Saulsberry.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1XTSnjuf1
Another name I've seen pop up a couple of times.
Quote:
Sleeper: Jonathan Massaquoi, Troy State* -- Massaquoi hails from the same school as DeMarcus Ware and possesses a similar game. Primarily coming out of a three-point stance, he displays great speed and athleticism rushing the passer or pursuing the action. He has all the innate skills to be a top 3-4 linebacker at the next level, just like Ware.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1XTUJZ7jx
I usually don't go for players with character concerns...but if you have a shot at this kid in the 2nd half of the first round you'd have to think pretty hard about it. The fight sounds to me like a kid who needs some growing up..but the marijuana charges aren't a big turn off to me. Something the FO would have to clear up...we have no way to tell if that will be a problem in the NFL or not. Could be a couple runs of bad luck. But I think this might be a case where the talent trumps the concerns. Buyer beware and do your research. Could have your next corner for 10 years or your next pacman.

Quote:
Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama -- Most teams rank Jenkins as the nation's best cornerback prospect, yet injuries and off-field concerns push him down this list. At the top of his game, Jenkins is a polished shutdown corner. But the shoulder injury that prevented him from entering last April's draft and those character issues, which forced him to transfer from Florida, will be closely inspected as we move toward the 2012 draft.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1XTUltwhk

Designs by me
Quote:

Last edited by thule : 09-09-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Interesting to see you looking at Kuechly. Aren't you the one saying we need more beef in the middle...more of a thumper? His main knock is his size at 6-2 235...
Yeah, and I'm also the one who has always preached that weight gain/strength is the easiest thing a player can change. His intangibles are off the charts.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
MOTH you have any thoughts on Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina? Think he fits our mold at corner.
I've thought about the possibility of this, myself. I love the guy, but I do think he's a little overrated at this point. I agree with Scott, when he said that he may not be 1st round worthy. He'll go within the first two rounds, though. He has a very impressive physical skill set, but he's still inconsistent. He had an exceptional Freshman season, followed by an at times, ugly Sophomore season. And he had an up and down opening game to this season. Any time he had to cover ECU's Lance Lewis, he was losing every battle. That said, he has legitimate shut down potential, given that outstanding skill set. His Freshman campaign, was one of the best seasons for a Frosh cornerback in sometime, he was simply outstanding. And really, that's the reason people are still so high on him, despite his let down Sophomore season. He can benefit greatly from a good year of focused strength training. He can be a little overmatched against the larger receiver, right now. He's also been suceptible to burnings, too. He'll take some chances. He actually reminds me a lot of Mike Jenkins sometimes. The guy is just an incredibly athlete, who needs some technique refining and he can be something real special.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-09-2011 at 03:30 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Vontaze Burfict sure looks as advertised. If I'm going ILB I want this kid. 3 sacks and disruptive all game.
He is by far the best ILB prospect in college and solidly in my Top 3 on my Cowboys wishlist. I may have put Luke in my Fab 5 after week 1, but that's not a rankings list for me. Just outstanding performances by some players at positions I think we should target. I didn't know Burfict had a 3 sack game. Wow. Amazing player.