Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 08-08-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year when we pllayed the Lions, Hardman handled and contained Suh, plus Freeman put that nasty stiff arm to avoid the sack on Suh as well.

The Lions O-line has always been a weak point and they still haven't improved it. They just keep adding playmakers and talent to offense and defense, yet no one to keep Stafford's jersey clean.

I don't think our d-line should struggle to much in that game.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hardman > Faine ? hmmmm

I also expect Jahvid Best to give us a hard time. He was pretty quiet last time, but that's because he was recovering from turf toe iirc, and we all know what he can do when healthy. Hopefully our new MLB improves our run defense :)

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the bigger question is, can the lions secondary handle our WRs? Williams, Briscoe, Benn? Plus Winslow at TE?

I think Williams/Brisoe/Benn are going to be a lethal trio in the future. Look at the chemistry they are building right now. Kind of reminds me of the Cardinals trio in 2008, only Briscoe is better than Breaston.

Mike Williams is going to be more dangerous. He only learned 1 position last year as a rookie, so he wasn't utilized to his full potential. This year, they're going to line him at the Z, X, and slot, to get more opportunities.

Plus, coaches and scouts and reporters are saying Briscoes hands are like glue. He catches anything thrown to him, one or two handed.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good point,

Eric Wright, Alphonso Smith, and Chris Houston. three under achievers. hehe

Can't wait for kick-off...

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-08-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Just watched Raheem's press conference. He said that Quincy Black, even though is entrenched as the SAM, will be on the field all 3 downs. He said he's playing Brooks position/role, just on the other side.

That means Geno will be out on Nickle packages.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
That means Geno will be out on Nickle packages.
Really? Heard somewhere else that the MIKE backer will be out on nickle packages.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-08-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Really? Heard somewhere else that the MIKE backer will be out on nickle packages.
Our MIKE controls the Audibles and is the qb of the defense. Don't take him out.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Our MIKE controls the Audibles and is the qb of the defense. Don't take him out.
Yeah my exact thoughts. One of the beat writers said it though, based on the MIKE having less experience.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-08-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hardman > Faine ? hmmmm

I also expect Jahvid Best to give us a hard time. He was pretty quiet last time, but that's because he was recovering from turf toe iirc, and we all know what he can do when healthy. Hopefully our new MLB improves our run defense :)
Doubtful. Our system has matched up favorably against speed backs for over a decade. It's the physical plodding runners that are trouble. LeShoure is a lot like Mendenhall, so that's a huge loss for them. NFL reporters on twitter have confirmed that it's a huge loss...the Lions were expecting a lot from him.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Report from Dallas is Lonyae Miller is ahead of Tashard Choice and the Cowboys are expected to keep only 3 RBs with Jones, Murray and Miller or Choice.

Why not give him a look.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:35 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is true. Geno and Quincy will be on the field in the nickel... which poses the question that a good reporter (there are apparently none in Tampa) of who will be wearing the helmet headset, considering anywhere from 33-50% of all downs in the NFL are with nickel personnel.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

I think it's temporary though, when Foster gets a few starts under his belt i expect him to stay in all downs.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-09-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think it's temporary though, when Foster gets a few starts under his belt i expect him to stay in all downs.
Yeah same here. I read the scouting report on Foster again and it said will outperform his draft position. I think he can be a Demeco Ryans, which many compared him too.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Didn't really watch any Washington games last year. Only time i seen Foster in action was Senior Bowl week. Does he play faster than his 40 time?

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't really watch any Washington games last year. Only time i seen Foster in action was Senior Bowl week. Does he play faster than his 40 time?
He ran a 4.75 at the combine, 4.68 at his pro day... he plays like a 4.68. Decent speed, pretty good quickness, not as much take-on strength as the people that read he's 6'1 and 240+ would like to believe, but he's instinctive and aggressive... that being said, he's not strong in coverage (he was burnt for a long receiving TD by Earnest Graham the other day) and part of that is because he is stiff in the hips. Personally, I feell his best position in the T-2 is the Sam...
Old 08-09-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Yeah i seen the Earnest Graham clip.

Quick question: What would you prefer your MLB to do better?

- Good Tackler?
- or Good in coverage?

I prefer the first one, with decent coverage skills that is. Just can't wait to see him in live action Friday. I can't really make to much out of TC, practice, etc.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-09-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's tons of youtube film of Foster at Washington. Very impressive and looks NFL ready. Check it out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah i seen the Earnest Graham clip.

Quick question: What would you prefer your MLB to do better?

- Good Tackler?
- or Good in coverage?

I prefer the first one, with decent coverage skills that is. Just can't wait to see him in live action Friday. I can't really make to much out of TC, practice, etc.
Obviously #1... considering he was roasted by Graham in one-on-ones in not a huge deal considering he will likely have anywhere from 1-4 guys at a level behind him when covering a RB and know where his help is and be able to use that to his advantage.

WHat I'd prefer is to make Black the full-time Mike and to break Foster in as a Sam the way it is traditionally done.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Our next opponent. . .

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 09-02-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Should be a good match up. Stafford vs. Freeman, round 1.

- I think Freeman needs to get it together and will be prepared for week 1. Detroit's secondary is very suspect and we have 3 good WRs and TE as well.

- Detroit's d-line is going to be a challenge for the Bucs' o-line. Suh could be a terror, but last year, Derek Hardmen contained him to doing nothing on the stat sheet and limited his effectiveness. (Why didn't he get an opportunity to start?) Still, Freeman is a momouth to bring down and can buy time with his strength and legs.

- Detroit's offense with Stafford this season has been CLICK CLICK BOOM. Explosive. However it is pre-season still, so the defensive schemes and play calling will be a lot different than pre-season. Tampa gets Talib back, who might be the best ball hawk in the league at CB.

- I'm still suspect on Detroits running game as well. Best is more of a 2 guy, not every down back (think poor man's reggie bush/darren sproles). Tampa can struggle to contain him, but I like the rotation of Miller/Okam/Price at the NT and McCoy's improved play. Clayborn and Bennett have been tremendous and Clayborn could become one of those unblockable DEs with his strength and size.

Overall, good match up, but Tampa is home week 1, could be a win for teh Bucs in a close 1. 4th Qtr comeback number 8 for Free?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Detroit looks really good but if Talib is healthy we should be fine. They're a different team when you can actually keep Megatron from going for 100+ and 2+ TDs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-02-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eek-1-sellout/

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 09-02-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

It;s not the product on the field VIP, times are hard in the tampa area. 15-16% unemployment rate does not = money for season tickets.

Yet, everyone who's blind to the situation down there believe they don't support there teams. If I lived in Tampa, as a 22 year old college grad, I wouldn't be able to afford season tickets to a game, even though I am a die hard fan. Would a go to a game or 2, definately.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anyone have good creditable websites where you can stream Bucs' games?
Old 09-04-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have NFL Game Pass now so I will be no help this season for streams.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote