Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 08-05-2011, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Doss stepping into the role TJ Hoosh and Kelly Washington had the past 2 years.

Also I wonder how David Reed will fit into this mix. I remember Harbaugh being on his nuts last pre season. Saying he will be a star WR in this league.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:32 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Floyd would be a solid addition. However, I wouldn't get too excited about his potential. For one, he will be thirty this season, and even though he has only started three years, thirty is always a natural point where the body starts to slow down (except for freaks like T.O.). Two, Phillip Rivers might be the best deep ball QB in the league and that offense is tailored to move the ball down the field. Three, even with Vincent Jackson out, Floyd only averaged about three receptions a game and had almost 30% of his season yards in a game against the Raiders. Lastly, he will only have the preseason to establish a rapport with Flacco and that usually takes some time. I think he will be a good player and certainly bring a new element to the receiving core but I don't think he'll have nearly the same sort of production or impact as he did in San Diego. The one area where he might not drop off in is TD's because he lost a lot of those redzone fades to Gates, and we have no one for that role now.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea im not saying he will be a superstar but I think that he will be an improvement over Mason judging the style of play that he brings to the table
Old 08-05-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice to see Zibi back at practice. He must have had some kind of weird skin thing to keep him out like that.

I think that Pollard is a nice addition if we use him correctly. We know he is very weak in coverage and can't be a center fielder type, but we don't need him to be a center fielder. As long as we are able to adapt the defense a little to him, we should have a productive player.

I would be a big fan of signing a guy like Floyd. He is a good receiver and you just can't teach 6'5". I think that a big target will really be a nice thing for Flacco. The young WRs have potential to be good but are completely unproven. Floyd fills in that #2 WR role nicely. He won't be some superstar, but should be a nice big target that will be a nice redzone help.

Side note: If we really are looking to add size at WR, it kinda seems like a waste giving this guy what I assume is a pretty nice deal. I know its been a while but Clarence Moore still is a FA and I'm sure he's still ready to give it another shot. You know the man didn't shrink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Floyd resigns with San Diego.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

im going to Ravens practice here are some things I will focus on.

1)How Foxworths knee is
2)What young WRs are stepping up
3)Ellerbe, will his head be out of his ass. I read they had Burgess over him
4)The right tackle battle of Reid and Cousins
5)The TE battle of Pitta VS. Dickson
Old 08-05-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd keep an eye out on the SS competition too, it looks like Zbikowski is back practicing so you should be able to see all 3 guys compete. I read that Burgess was starting next to Lewis too, although I'm not sure it's anything more than just trying out something new. McClain was never really good/consistent for us last season and I still think that the position is up for grabs.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...br-2010-season

Flacco ranked 12th in "Total Quarterback Rating." There's another article that better explains the metrics and how every play is incorporated, but it all makes a lot of sense and is a better measure than the conventional rating. 12th is a good sign though. Hopefully this year he can make a jump and lead the team to a Superbowl win.

And while Floyd would have been a great addition, the fact that San Diego is keeping him just frees up money we would have allotted to him to resign some of our own guys. I'd still like to push for D-Mase to come back. I don't think there's anyone out there that would have as much of an impact as Mason, given his history with Joe and the limited time to get the offense up to speed. Maybe by some miracle, James Hardy will turn into a monster and become the number 2 wideout.

Last edited by America : 08-05-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the preseason I am interested to see who steps into the #2 role. Could be Torrey with Doss in the slot but still not crazy about so much raw youth for a team which should be competing for a super bowl. Also interested to see if as a rookie Tyrod can prove enough so that the Ravens only have to carry 2 QB's on roster. Also will be watching Art to see if he can capture that starting role, definitely rooting for him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the aging veterans at WR didn't work for us last year so why not try something new? I'd prefer to have a mix but I'd rather have a Boldin/Smith/Doss over Boldin/Mason/Houshmanzadeh.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I was at Ravens training camp on satuday and Flacco really targeted Torrey Smith. I think he is ahead of Doss. But we will see in the first pre season game.

During that practice they actually had Boldin in the slot and working the middle.(I was shocked)

We also looked like a Rex Ryan D.

Carry Williams impressed me, It will be interesting to see what we do with CBs. are we gonna keep 6 CBs (fox,smith,webb,carr,williams,brown) or will Brown or Williams leave.

Cousins started over Jah Reid and thats just scary.

Our dline also was kicking the olines ass. But we didnt have Birk in and Grubbs was just coming off of that ankle injury.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Well, the aging veterans at WR didn't work for us last year so why not try something new? I'd prefer to have a mix but I'd rather have a Boldin/Smith/Doss over Boldin/Mason/Houshmanzadeh.
i agree with you man. We desperately needed to get younger and faster on offense. While cutting Mason, Heap and McGahee was tough (especially HEAAAPPPP) Flacco will eventually get used to and develop chemistry with the younger guys in Dickson, Pitta, Smith, and Doss, and hopefully Anquan can replace Mason as Flacco's safety net.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

His focus is awesome, he's doing great in the classroom, and it's showing up out on the field," Pagano said. "He's getting some quality reps in certain situations. He's been a real pleasant surprise, and if he'll stay with it and keep grinding and stay focused and stay in playbook and come out here and work the details of the game, then I think you're going to see a real different Paul Kruger."

Apparently Kruger is back at OLB now. I like it cause we need more OLB depth. Hopefully he can give us something.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have mixed feelings about Ricky Williams

good to have a vet presence, especially with the shorten offseason and all. This also might mean we are planning on running it more this year, another good sign.

but honestly, I haven't paid much attention to Williams, he's 34 years old, how much tread does this guy have left on his tires?
Old 08-08-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Im shocked we got him. But he averaged 4.4 ypc against PITT last year. Hopefully he has something left in the tank
Old 08-08-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

I go to UT so obviously this is great news for me. Ricky is a legend.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the signing. Rick is one of my all-time favorite players so obviously I'm thrilled to get him. He gives us some stability behind Raymell and imo, is an upgrade over Willis as a short yardage, big back. I think he's got more left in the tank than he gets credit for.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Yeah, Willis wasn't an ideal short yardage/goal line back. Hopefully Williams will dance around less and just put his head down and hit the hole hard.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Ricky is also a better receiver than Willis. It's a push to whose a better pass blocker, but he's on a max of $4 million over two years (base 2.5/2 years) so it's a heck of a financial swap.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I have mixed feelings about Ricky Williams

good to have a vet presence, especially with the shorten offseason and all. This also might mean we are planning on running it more this year, another good sign.

but honestly, I haven't paid much attention to Williams, he's 34 years old, how much tread does this guy have left on his tires?
There were 2 years in there where he wasn't in the NFL and then add another year off because of the injury after his reinstatement. Then add in the fact that after his most recent return he split carries with Brown and he's had some considerable rest period.

While his 2,323 career carries in the NFL (add 100ish I believe for his CFL season) probably nixes any idea of him being a feature back I certainly think he has enough in the tank to be a complimentary back to Rice.

I like the pick up

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ricky Williams is good enough to be our #2 Rb. I view it as a generally lateral move from Willis (maybe a little bit of a loss), but the salaries is a big difference. I don't expect anything huge but Williams should be solid overall.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 08-08-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

I still would like to add another TE, preferably a veteran blocker who can teach the young guys the ropes. Daniel Graham would have been solid but he signed with Tennessee. Stupar could be decent, but I don't want a player who can't hack it with the Bills. Brandon Manumaleuna has always been a player I've liked. He's older, but he started 13 games for the Bears last year, who were at least strong in the run game. He's essentially a 6th tackle, but I think the most important thing would be his mentoring of the young guys in blocking.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyrod Taylor tonight.

Be prepared.

I wish I could see the game. Any idea where they will show a replay?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Tyrod Taylor tonight.

Be prepared.

I wish I could see the game. Any idea where they will show a replay?
NFLN is showing a replay at 8pm west coast, so 11 where you are.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 08-11-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Despite the addition of Ricky Williams, OC Cam Cameron made it clear that Ray Rice will be the Ravens' goal-line back this season.
"Ray Rice will play a major role in short-yardage and goal-line this year," Cameron said after the Williams signing. "We were just fortunate to have a guy like Willis [McGahee, before], but this year Ray Rice will be in short-yardage and goal-line as well. He is outstanding." Rice dropped from the No. 4 fantasy back in 2009 to No. 11 in 2010, in large part because his season was so low-scoring. Getting goal-line carries is a large addition to his already top-six overall fantasy value. Williams is strictly a handcuff pick.

Good to hear he will get more goal-line opportunities. I think that Ricky will get a fair share of redzone carries still. Good news to fantasy owners though.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy