Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-24-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indeed, I recall having a lot of fun when we all played the original Gears together. Should be good stuff.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:53 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just put in a pre-order for the Gears of War 3 Xbox. Couldn't resist.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering how lazy I'm feeling at the moment, I'll say that Bastion is incredible and you aren't cool if you don't play it. Lot's to it, but that's the basic idea.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 07-27-2011 at 08:59 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll try the demo...that From Dust game looks pretty neat, too. But I bet I'd suck at it and get frustrated.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Dust does look pretty interesting. It's outside my wheelhouse just a bit, but the visuals are astounding. Might try the trial for that one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-27-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big fan of XBLA games. Get many Electric?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Not all that many, but I defiantly try to keep current on them. I've had a blast with Bastion so far and enjoyed the crap out of Limbo, Scott Pilgrim, and Super Meat Boy last year. Summer of Arcade is one of the major perks Microsoft has going right now for sure. Really come out big every year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-27-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I haven't grabbed any of them yet. Last pickup was Ms. Splosion Man which is an absolute blast. I'm thinking of grabbing either Bastion or From Dust though.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Bastion is great. Loses momentum towards the end, but it's obscenely interesting as a concept.

Early reviews for Deus Ex: Human Revolution are great. OXM gave it a 10/10 and a UK Magazine has given it a 94.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-30-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Bethesda's new game, Dishonored, looks pretty crazy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-01-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Speaking of Bethesda games...I finally decided to buy Oblivion. They didnt have the 5th anniversary edition at my Gamestop, so I bought it on Amazon.

I plan on playing the hell out of it, until Deus Ex comes out on the 23rd. Hopefully I can beat it by then. Not too sure. I just want to get it in, before Skyrim comes out in November.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-01-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm pumped about Deus Ex. Everything I've heard about it is that it's top notch stuff.

So this Australian company think it's re-invented computer graphics as we know it. Interesting stuff.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-05-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
So Bethesda's new game, Dishonored, looks pretty crazy.
Screens/Concept Art

Mixture of stealth, action, magic in what looks similar to a London version of Half Life 2's City 17. The city's concept was actually created by Viktor Antonov, the same dude who designed City 17. Again looks like London, but with a mix of old fashioned and futuristic elements. The game is mission based...but is said to borrow gameplay and story telling elements from games like Half-Life, Bioshock, Thief, and Deus Ex.

The game is being created by Arkane studios, which is a dream team of sorts. Art director, Viktor Antonov, was a former art director for Valve and the mind behind Half-Life's art design and the co-creative director, Harvey Smith, is the co-creator of Deus Ex.

Read up, if interested.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/1186458p1.html

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-05-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can dig it. Looks interesting.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, I've got my eye on that one for sure. Always nice to get a new IP mixed in at this point in a console generation.

Oh, and the Deus Ex countdown sits at 18 days. Very excited. That delay was flat out painful.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 08-05-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I may have to shelve my plan on playing and finishing Oblivion before Deus Ex comes out. Damn game still hasnt come in the mail yet. I dont think I'll have the time. I'll probably set my sights to Nier or Enslaved or something. Not sure yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-08-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Enslaved is a very good game. It's defiantly a change up from a lot of games out there these days too. Very vibrant color palette and high overall production values. The gameplay is pretty forgettable, but it's something that's a lot of fun to play for sure.

I've heard good things about Nier, but I've also heard some pretty bad things about it as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-08-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It comes out August 23rd. I'm clearing out my schedule already. Hearing very strong stuff about it from the various news outlets/leaks.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-08-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Indeed. That's why I'm giving up on Oblivion for the time being. I want to play each game exclusively and they're both very long games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-08-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, I need something that will take about that long to play as well. NCAA would usually be perfect, but I'm burned out. Getting into an FPS again for a week or two would probably be ideal, but that just feels like too much work.

I'll probably just finish Arkham Asylum.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-08-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AA is good, a little repetitive but it's fun. AC looks like it will be a pretty amazing follow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So jealous of you guys with Xboxes. Mine died (death #4) a few months ago and I never got it replaced since it was out of warranty. I want Madden, dammit!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried playing Madden 11 at a friends and once again All madden mode just raped us with the stupidest things possible. It was 14-0 within the first forty seconds and we hadn't even touched the ball. It was just stupid haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:06 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I've heard good things about Nier, but I've also heard some pretty bad things about it as well.
Well....I'm four and a half hours into it and I think it's really solid. It has really surprised me, actually. I didnt think it would feel as polished as it has. Most non-AAA RPGs happen to be pretty damn shoddy. That's not to say it's even close to perfect, but in comparison to most budgeted RPGs, it's very strong. It's such a weird experience...but I like it. Why is it weird? Because it crams so many different gameplay elements into the game. It is certainly an RPG first off, full of tons of quests and what not. But it blends together so many different things. It seemingly borrows elements from God of War, Monster Hunter, Bayonetta, Harvest Moon, Zelda, Diablo, Shadow of the Colossus, old school Final Fantasy, Braid, the Last Remnant, Resident Evil, etc. It's all over the place in regards to the gameplay, but it works. You'll spend time hacking n slashing, you'll spend time in a top down view, spend time in more of a 2D view when entering some buildings ala braid, you'll also see some 2D platforming, you can harvest crops, hunt wildlife, ride boars, there are truly epic boss battles with wondefully designed monsters of gigantic scale, you can talk to every NPC in the game, granted they may not have much to say, other than a few lines, but everyone can be interacted with. It's pretty crazy.

They put a lot into this game. And I didnt even get to the story, which is weird as hell. lol. It def. has me interested, though. And surprisingly enough, the voice acting is actually not that bad. Normally there can be some translation issues, which could lead to some really odd sounding conversation. But really, other than the weird story...you cant really blatantly tell that it's a Japanese developed game. The voice work is actually good, after you get passed the opening sequences, and the score happens to be amazing.

That said, there are some things I dont like...first off, the primary villain, "the shades" are horribly designed. They're just a bunch of yellow lines in the shape of either humanoids or little creatures. Pretty lame. I also dont like the fact that they seem to endlessly respawn even after clearing an area of them. I also dont believe there is any fast travel. So, you'll be back tracking a lot and have to take long trips to the same areas often.

As I say with a lot of games...it's not for everyone, but I def. think RPG fans should give it a try, for sure. You've never played a game like this, it's a very unique gaming experience. And it's a game that tons of people dont even know about and it's already in the bargin bin.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-09-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Madden demo out today. With my current state of being underwhelmed with NCAA 12, I decided to test it out.

Only one game so far, but here's what I noticed...

-Have to play on slow game speed, otherwise everyone is skating around the field.

-Running game is extremely similar to NCAA 12.

-Attempting to return punts is nearly impossible due to inept blocking.

-Too many INTs in ridiculous fashion.

-Too many big hits/fumbles (especially on kick returns)

-Passing deep is way way too easy for both sides.

-QBs move way too well. Especially laterally. Then when Rodgers made it out into the open field, he made Michael Vick look slow.

-Presentation/Graphics are obviously much improved.