Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-09-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, the Madden developers saw Vick have a good year and like omgz we need to make QBs able to run so people will itz realistic.

I guess I once again will pass on buying Madden. It's too bad because I am already seriously bored with NCAA -____-

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Downloading Madden 12 demo now!Give my short review later.Glad to be home when demo is released on 360!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, I was thinking about getting Madden this year after skipping it last year, that doesn't sound too promising though.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I beat the Bears 63-7, Set NFL Records with Rodgers and Cobb. 7 passing TD's for A-Rod, 5 TD's and 400+ yards for Cobb, 5 Sacks for Clay Matthews, 3 for Picket, 1 for Raji and 2 for Jenkins, Jenkins had a forced fumble that he picked up and returned for a TD and belly flopped into the end zone with. Every play I called a post or deep in for Cobb and he was wide open with Urlacher huffing and puffing 10 yards behind him, then we he got hurt even the 6th string WR did the same as him. The game is soooooooo slow, put it on normal for the first quarter, fast for the 2nd and 3rd then very fast for the 4th, still a slow game. The D-Pad controls blow, why change the Hot Route button and shift line buttons? The camera angles suck too as do the new kicking controls. Why can't they ever realize if it ain't broke, don't fix it? God I was praying Madden would be good, I LOVE the NFL and desperately want a NFL game, but Madden just keeps on sucking. NCAA is good this year, but last year was so much better. Wish 2k could make football games again and EA could make MVP baseball again. These monopolies suck

/rant

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
why doesn't, say, 2k just make an NFL game, but do what NCAA does to a broader extent? For instance, change the team names, player names and logos. But store all of that information in XML files or something (off the top of my head, because it would be super easy). Users could then generate their own 'roster' (though 'league' may be more appropriate) file to replace the team names, player names and logos. seems like ea and the nfl couldn't claim infringement there, though i'm sure they'd try to prosecute users distributing the files because they're all scumbags.
I wish, but sadly it will never happen :(

Would love to see them make a game called "2k Football", with 32 teams from the same cities with the same colors, jerseys and rosters only no names and no logos. Then, allow fans to upload rosters so I could download the names and play a good "NFL" game

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
why doesn't, say, 2k just make an NFL game, but do what NCAA does to a broader extent? For instance, change the team names, player names and logos. But store all of that information in XML files or something (off the top of my head, because it would be super easy). Users could then generate their own 'roster' (though 'league' may be more appropriate) file to replace the team names, player names and logos. seems like ea and the nfl couldn't claim infringement there, though i'm sure they'd try to prosecute users distributing the files because they're all scumbags.
Didn't Backbreaker try(and sucseed, a little bit) to do that? Granted, the product was sub-par from a gameplay and atheistic perspective(the engine was more promising than anything EA has put out in years) but efforts have been made. The quality just hasn't been there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I'm at half time in my first game and I have to say is wow.The game looks and feels almost like NCAA and Madden usually never comes close IMO.Running was fairly easy as well.Broke an 80 yard run with Forte.I love how the new presentation is looking so far. It will be a fun year of Madden I must.I just hope I'm not disappointed with the full build of franchise mode and super star mod
Old 08-09-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Backbreaker isnt the greatest example, though. With the wierd gameplay and giant hulking players. I'd love a more, real to life type game/sim. But it wont see great success, regardless. Without that NFL licence. But there are def. developers out there that can make a much better football game than Madden. Even the visuals are rather stale. Granted, you have 22 interactive characters to play with, but it could certainly be improved upon.

As for 2K, I wouldnt doubt they could make a better game. I just happen to think the 2K football games were overrated. The gameplay felt pretty damn awkward to me. Running was messy, you can dive 10 yards with every player, I dont remember liking the passing at all. But its been a while, I'm sure they could sure up a lot of these things today. I'd love to see an entirely new developer work on an NFL game, however. Never gonna happen, sadly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That said, the gameplay was still crap. But you're right those type of games will never see mass popularity.

Even that All-Pro football 2K created, did horrible in sales. It was supposed to be a new game series, and I think they only made one of them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-09-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I played the demo it was much better than Madden11. I don't know if I will drop 60$ on it. I may wait to find it used. In the mean time I am going try to find action replay for PS2 and dl the 2011-2012 rosters for NFL 2k5 this week.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:39 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol@Play Action in Madden 12. Play Action is dead.

edit: I had 10000 texture tears. Anti Aliasing looks like it's totally turned off. players "skate" (or slide) a lot. People still look like plastic dolls. The camera is weird when you score a TD.

The challenge animation was rehashed. It still looks stupid.

Tons of new graphics.

Jay Cutler has the lightest feat the the world.

Interior Blitzing doesn't suck total ass now. May be too easy.

C Gap blitzing/rushing is still tough.

Too easy to go deep.

Too many freakish INTs and too many dropped INTs that should be catches.

Madden QBs are still WAY WAY WAY too accurate.

And it's too easy to run. Ryan Grant had 10 rushes, 200 yards, 2 RuTD, 1 rec (screen) 20 yards.

Overall Madden 12 > Madden 11, but it's still just a game. I really can't wait for Madden '20 on the Xbox 3...

Last edited by descendency : 08-10-2011 at 01:46 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:17 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dled the demo...havent played it yet. I honestly cant even recall if I even played the Madden 11 demo. And I certainly didnt play the actual game. So its been a while, this should be interesting.

Well probably not...it will probably just feel familiar, like I was playing Madden 08 or something. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-10-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dled the demo...havent played it yet. I honestly cant even recall if I even played the Madden 11 demo. And I certainly didnt play the actual game. So its been a while, this should be interesting.

Well probably not...it will probably just feel familiar, like I was playing Madden 08 or something. lol.
The control scheme changed I think in Madden 10. It'll be a little different.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i thought backbreaker basically scrapped any semblance of looking like the nfl to avoid lawsuits, which, imo, doomed it before it started. no one wants to play with a few teams that might as well be afl teams, no matter how good the football gameplay is.
You could edit the teams into whatever you wanted. People have created(and maintained) NFL Teams and rosters.

It's just that the gameplay and visuals are crap. The people who made it were way more concerned with the physics than anything else. That element of the game looks solid. Players react to collisions and contact the way they should. You've got multiple tacklers in on plays without going to elaborate animations that break every time(Madden and NCAA do this a lot). It feels weighty too, which is something we're missing from the EA games.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-10-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it'd be so tempting to open source it and see what kind of development help the project could get, but no one apparently wants to play football on a pc and the pool of people who can write code and like football seems small.
There was a game like that being made awhile back. It was more in the vein to recreate the Front Page Sports Football feel. I forget what it was called, and am not sure if it was ever actually "completed".

It was set up so you could change the rules easily. You could create a high school football game or college from it...make a CFL or NFL clone...et al.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

**** man. This is just depressing the hell out of me at this point, thinking about all that could be done with football games in this day and age. I would love to see the guys who do MLB The Show take a crack at the game. Or even the NFL Fever guys get another shot. Maybe we'll get lucky and first-party developers will be able to make games like with the MLB license.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-10-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
**** man. This is just depressing the hell out of me at this point, thinking about all that could be done with football games in this day and age. I would love to see the guys who do MLB The Show take a crack at the game. Or even the NFL Fever guys get another shot. Maybe we'll get lucky and first-party developers will be able to make games like with the MLB license.
The guys that do MLB The Show made horrible football games. I'm almost glad those are gone...but the competition was nice.

I'd love to see someone bring back the Front Page Sports franchise(s), actually. That'd be the shiz.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I didn't think Gameday was all that bad. Not great by any means, but it was fairly solid. Besides, it's basically different people now anyway.

But yeah, I would kill for just about any other viable football game that isn't arcadey as hell or Madden.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-10-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is NCAA 12 so boring to play? It just not exciting, it has decent game play but its just lack luster.

I think I might end up buying fifa this year, I usually play at my friends house casually not to good at it but can hold my own for a bit.

I hope NHL is great this year as well. Looking to pick that up.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The lack of Corso kills the enjoyment of the game, I think. Strange how much of a difference the announcing makes.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Still playing Nier...like 10 hours in. I just finished off a part where the game turns into a text based RPG. lol. This game is crazy. I really like it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-10-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every time one of my players get a concussion, I have to hear a spiel about concussions, and hs kids telling their coach. After I heard that the second time I turned the off.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anybody played the Madden 12 Demo yet or downloaded it yet?

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:27 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Has anybody played the Madden 12 Demo yet or downloaded it yet?
Yes i played like 5 games yesterday.The pretension alone is a first buy.I just hope commentary is better but I doubt it.To me the game looks pretty solid for fun factor wise.Some are just being way to picky on here on how the game should be played like in real life.ITS A GAME PEOPLE!Any who,tackling has been improved along with the running styles of the game more like NCAA has now.It should be a fun Madden this year.It's at least worth a download and to check it out.You get a full game of 5 min quarter,you also can tweak sliders and skill level as well.Much better demo then NCAA.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Deus Ex countdown is now standing at 12 days. Received a perfect score from OXM and a 94 from PC Gamer, out of the reviews we know so far.

R.I.P. Junior Seau