Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 08-05-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off, I love Kaepernick... and I honestly believe he will be a stud under Harbaugh... but for the price of a 3rd, JJ could come in and show CK how the offense SHOULD be run... how an NFL QB with elite mobility can make the offense click. It would push CK to be better and allow JJ to showcase his skills.

As for JJ not having enough game tape to showcase his skills... the game tape of starts he had came after he was the 4th string QB in his rookie season, got no practice snaps his second season, anf played for a horrible offense.. then there was the past preseason and season where he played well.

Other QBs have shown far less gametape and been worth 4th round picks or higher in trades (Rob Johnson, Aaron Brooks, Matt Hasselbeck, Charlie Whitehurst, and to an extent, AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb didn't have a whole lot more game tape). Considering JJ has is still young, has tremendous work ethic, is accurate, and extremely athletic, he would have to be an attractive option for some team out there.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can't get Johnson for Mays, how about a used kicking tee?
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB is such a high value position that any young QB with a good reputation and upside is worth a very high draft pick. If Kevin Kolb is worth a 2nd rounder and DRC, JJ is definitely worth at least a 3rd rounder.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
JJ is definitely worth at least a 3rd rounder.
Yep! Mays is a 2nd rounder!!!

:P
Old 08-09-2011, 06:53 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Yep! Mays is a 2nd rounder!!!

:P
And his trade stock is rapidly falling. I'm thinking the tops that he is worth is a 6th,

Our 2nd year DT Al Woods was a 3rd rounder, our 2nd year starting OG Ted Larsen was a 6th rounder... and we got both for nothing last season after they got cut. If Mays is still running with the 3rd team in San Fran then he has a reasonable chance of getting cut too. The longer he stays as a 3rd teamer, the more his stock drops.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
And his trade stock is rapidly falling. I'm thinking the tops that he is worth is a 6th,

Our 2nd year DT Al Woods was a 3rd rounder, our 2nd year starting OG Ted Larsen was a 6th rounder... and we got both for nothing last season after they got cut. If Mays is still running with the 3rd team in San Fran then he has a reasonable chance of getting cut too. The longer he stays as a 3rd teamer, the more his stock drops.
We are actually fit at Safety to the point I think we carry 5 throughout the season.

1. T-Jack (when he's back.
2. Cody Grimm
3. Sean Jones
4. Larry Assante
5. Ahmad Black.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
We are actually fit at Safety to the point I think we carry 5 throughout the season.

1. T-Jack (when he's back.
2. Cody Grimm
3. Sean Jones
4. Larry Assante
5. Ahmad Black.
I hope you guys know I'm playing with my Mays talk... and will continue...

Not too much FS depth :P I think you need TaylorMays. Say, perhaps in a trade for Josh Johnson?

Sounds fair.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I hope you guys know I'm playing with my Mays talk... and will continue...

Not too much FS depth :P I think you need TaylorMays. Say, perhaps in a trade for Josh Johnson?

Sounds fair.
Ha, I got ya. Dominik and Rah feel we're stacked in the defensive backfield.

I read on pewterreport.com that Josh Johnson has played extremely well and expects to go out and use his playing time in preseason as an audition to any team looking for a QB, whether that be San Fransisco not being comfortable iwth Alex Smith, or Washington, who really has the worst starting QB in the league. Miami seems comfortable with Henne right now.

However, this may be Johnson's chance to shine and audition for Free Agency next year. He's been a great supporter as Free's backup, however I think he can be a solid starter on another team. He just needs to work on his pocket presence.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
However, this may be Johnson's chance to shine and audition for Free Agency next year. He's been a great supporter as Free's backup, however I think he can be a solid starter on another team. He just needs to work on his pocket presence.
Yeah, I don't think that Alex Smith would lose his job to J.Johnson soon or ever BUT he's only signed for this season, so there is more than enough opportunity for Josh Johnson to start in SF until 2013 or longer if Kaepernick needs that time to grow.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give us Aldon for JJ straight up. :)

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
Give us Aldon for JJ straight up. :)
Freeman's insurance is more valuable than a bust DE in the making.

I'll take Kendall Hunter for Johnson though. Yeah...I'm crazy like that.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Kendall Hunter would be pretty nice.