Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-10-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Madden 12

Anyone getting this game? I know its not that great but its all we got for NFL games. Im pretty undecided right now about getting it or not.

Has anyone played the demo yet? I did and it felt pretty weird...

Whats the deal with them dropping everyones ratings... They did it last year and now they have basically dropped them all even more.

Here are the ratings that are out so far... half the teams with 2 more each day I think.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...nnessee-titans

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent played Madden in a long time so this may seem like a stupid question...

Are they going to update the rosters at some point soon? So many different players on different teams now. And those rosters look basically unchanged from last season.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I havent played Madden in a long time so this may seem like a stupid question...

Are they going to update the rosters at some point soon? So many different players on different teams now. And those rosters look basically unchanged from last season.
Yeah they will have an update right when the game comes out.. There are alot of people on the wrong teams in the rosters they are showing but like I said they will have an update at release. They started updating alot in Madden 11, almost to much. Its basically every week now. Its hard to really set the entire roster because your not sure about the final rosters yet until after cutdowns.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-11-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havnt purchased a Madden game since 05. I have thought about getting this ones because it has been so long.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I purchased every Madden since '04, but not this year ... because i'm broke =(

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figure there will be a roster update pretty soon after the game comes out.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There should be a considerable roster update once the game is released addressing this crazy offseason.

I have bought madden every year since 2003 so I figure I might as well let the streak continue. Supposedly they have done alot to franchise mode and the game speed is alot faster.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played the demo yesterday. The graphics were extremely slow. And...I know everyone hates this, but there is no "in-game" commentary. I don't know if that's something that they will add, but I found the game to be very dull without it.

Meh. I've been playing NCAA 12 since it came out and I have been enjoying that a lot. I have bought or gotten Madden as a gift since 2004.

I might rent it first and then if I like it i'll buy it.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they were saying the demo was from may/june time frame prior to the final build of the game so game speed might have been improved in more recent builds.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't bought a Madden game since Madden '06. I'd like to play again and invest time into it, but unfortunately life's other obligations won't let me.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't bought Madden since 07 then I bought the one with Vince on the cover and sold it almost immediately. I think I may snag this years possibly. But if not then def next year for the 2012 draft class.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I played the demo yesterday. The graphics were extremely slow. And...I know everyone hates this, but there is no "in-game" commentary. I don't know if that's something that they will add, but I found the game to be very dull without it.

Meh. I've been playing NCAA 12 since it came out and I have been enjoying that a lot. I have bought or gotten Madden as a gift since 2004.

I might rent it first and then if I like it i'll buy it.
There will be in-game commentary but ya the demo is pretty dull without any. Its just a demo so they left alot out. I heard there was likely no commentary to keep size down.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2015, 10:48 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, here's a little experiment, if you will (it took me forever to dig out this thread!):

I recently purchased Madden 12, because A) I'm broke, but B) I need to escape reality for an hour or two every week. I've had decent time playing it. The gameplay isn't terrible (especially for the $3.50 I spent for it), and I've been maintaining a franchise and am a handful of years into the future. Of course, the game (like any edition of madden since time immemorial) has its share of irksome frustrations.

So here's the experiment: I'm going to list a handful of problems I've had with madden 12. Its the job of everyone else who happens to own the most recent edition of madden (or even the previous one) to let me know which of these problems still persist. It'll be interesting to see if there's been any progress (I'm sure that the graphics have at least been improved). I'd do this on my own, but like I said, i'm broke, so i'm relying on the input of others. Hopefully there's enough people on the site right now to give input.

Anyway, without further ado, my airing of grievances with Madden 12:

*It rains way to damn often in franchise mode. Like literally half of the games are played in rain. Not just any rain. Miami-style, later summer, tropical storm rain (and no, I don't exclusively play Dolphins games in September). If Madden 12 was more realistic half of the games I play would have to be rescheduled or cancelled. Its really just obnoxious how many games I have to play in the rain, and it legitimately hurts the game's playability. For one, playing in the rain seems to make turnovers more likely and definitely affects pass accuracy, but perhaps more importantly, playing so many games in the rain takes away from the specialness of playing in the rain. If it happens so often its just not unique anymore like it is in the actual NFL. Maybe the game designers were just trying to warn us about the effects of climate change? I don't doubt it.

*Overall, I think the simulated stats in this game are pretty decent compared to past games. The stats tend to not much the wild passing stats that were soon to come to the NFL, but I don't think the game designers could have foreseen multiple 5,000 yard passers in the coming years. However, one little thing that does irk me: for whatever reason, 2nd-string runningbacks always average somewhere between 2.5-3.5 yards per carry. You'd think the CPU would stop handing it to them.

*On a related note, weird stuff tends to happen in supersim. I like to supersim defensive drives until late in the game. I usually don't have a lot of fun playing defense until the stakes are high. Like i said though, weird stuff always seems to happen. Kick return touchdowns occur at an improbably high rate. Teams will refuse to run the bowl more than once or twice a quarter (or refuse to pass the ball even when significantly down). Turnovers will happen several plays in a row. Teams will score 80 yard touchdowns 5 seconds before the end of the half. I've overcome this problem myself by developing some rules about when to use supersim (I never supersim kickoffs, or the final plays right before the half), but it is a little annoying that supersim fails to mimic the actual NFL.

*Coaches have no personality, and hiring/firing decisions by other teams seem to have no logic. Jason Garret, for instance, left the Cowboys after taking them to the Super Bowl to coach the Eagles. And why don't coaches take their playbooks with them? I was using the Browns and hired Andy Reid, but the default playbook was still the CLE one. Its no big deal; I can change it on my own, but I think the game would be improved if coaches carried their strategies with them (and also made rational-seeming career decisions).

*Speaking of coaching, the CPU's don't seem to do a lot of it. They'll leave their rosters unchanged if they switched from 3-4 to 4-3. If the starting quarterback is 0-5 and playing terribly, and there's another QB on the team with a similar rating, the depth chart won't be adjusted. I think this is some part a flaw of the rating system. Everything is known and determined, so even if the CPU had the power to change depth charts (which I'm not sure it possessed) it wouldn't sense any gain to be had by replacing a QB with an 78 overall with one with a 77.

*In terms of actual gameplay, I'm fairly satisfied. There are two main problems I've noticed. First, some players carry the ball with one hand. It doesn't seem to cause more fumbles, but it definitely looks weird. Second, receivers and defensive backs still seem a little awkward jockeying for the ball. I imagine, more so than any other aspect, this is most likely to be improved.

*In-game commentary has no personality. I don't understand why they don't just sample actual commentary throughout the season and add it into the game as the year goes by just as they do with roster updates. Maybe thats a more difficult task than I'm making it sound, or there are some legal barriers.

*Overall, franchise mode seems to lose its personality as the years go by. Something that I don't think Madden's developers care about (probably because many consumers of the game don't care) is that the replayability of franchise mode is predicated on some sort of narrative. We don't just like football for the purely physical aspects, but we also like the stories behind it. I know its probably hard to add story to a game with so many different possible outcomes, but there are some regular storylines that tend to happen which could somehow be incorporated into the game (like how 2K5 had sportscenter): a previously last place team now contending for the division title, a first round draft bust at quarterback finally gets benched, an undrafted rookie receiver is on pace for a thousand yard season, a down-and-out team snaps a playoff drought, etc etc. Anything beginning to approach this in the current Madden would be an improvement in my book.

Anyway, my rant about a four year old video game is done. I hope to hear what the present-day madden is like. I might even decide to rent it. Unfortunately, I imagine many of these flaws are still in the current game.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:48 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't played Franchise mode in the 2016 version yet so I don't know if anything is different there. I have stuck to Madden Ultimate Team which I find fun.

With me choosing the Texans, it never rains. I rarely get an away game but when I do I never see rain at all. I do remember it raining a lot in the earlier versions of Madden. I guess they stopped that from happening as often, or maybe it's just that the team I chose has a retractable roof.

You will always find unreasonable plays happening even in this version of madden. I have an 83 CB and he was routinely getting beat by a 65 rated WR. I also have an 83 SS and he can't cover if his life depended on it during some games.

One thing cool with last year as well as this year is that you can pick a team style. For instance, there is: quick passing, long passing, speed running, power running, zone defense, and man defense. Then you get a coach that complements that style and you try to get players that fit as well. Well, this is in Madden Ultimate Team where you create your team. You have to purchase the ultimate edition of the game though. It's $10 more than the standard one.

I'm just glad that they have cut down a lot on the insane MLB that can jump 10 feet high and block everything over the middle. That used to annoy me.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:20 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post

I'm just glad that they have cut down a lot on the insane MLB that can jump 10 feet high and block everything over the middle. That used to annoy me.
Thats a huge relief. Glad they finally got that one right. I always thought they should just release a Madden game every 2 years, so they can take time to develop a better game instead of trying to rush one out every August. In the off-year they can just charge for roster updates to recoup revenue, or increase the price of the actual game when it comes out.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote