Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-09-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, the wrs are a little thin, but we have a flex position that can be wr, te, or rb. So i start 3 rbs pretty much every week. This is how i won it all last year.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, I'm looking for a little advice on who to keep for next year. I can keep any 4 players. QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, & TE format. Options are:

Josh Freeman (TB - QB)
Kyle Orton (Den - QB)
C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB)
Toby Gerhart (Min - RB)
Frank Gore (SF - RB)
DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)
Greg Jennings (GB - WR)
Steve Smith (NYG - WR)
Hines Ward (Pit - WR)
Roddy White (Atl - WR)
Mike Williams (TB - WR)
Dustin Keller (NYJ - TE)

Rules for my league:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All 3 Tampa Bay players and then Gore.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

General suggestions for auction drafts? I'm going to be participating in my first this week - live draft so it should be fun. This one's also got the fun wrinkle of starting 2 QB's and a flex so it'll definitely be interesting.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking for a keeper QB after all the other ones are already kept.
-Rodgers
-Brady
-Brees
-Rivers
-Peyton
-Vick

The next wave is between:
-Romo
-Ryan
-Schuab
-Ben
-Freeman

I think the offense and weapons around Matt Ryan are phenomenal. He could blossom into a stat machine if their play-calling goes that way.
Schuab has AJ, but AJ never scores more than 8 TDs himself.

I like Freeman a lot and he put up nice numbers last year and he should get better. I just don't know if he and that offense will ever put up consistent big time points for QBs like Rodgers, Brees have.

I think Romo could be great as well with Austin and Dez Bryant, plus a good TE. I got Rodgers for him straight up in early 2008, and then last year, traded Rodgers back for Romo + MJD. Of course, Romo then went down right away and MJD struggled too with injuries.

I don't like Ben, but they seem to throw more than ever now.
Who should I take?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Okay, I'm looking for a little advice on who to keep for next year. I can keep any 4 players. QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, & TE format. Options are:

Josh Freeman (TB - QB)
Kyle Orton (Den - QB)
C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB)
Toby Gerhart (Min - RB)
Frank Gore (SF - RB)
DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)
Greg Jennings (GB - WR)
Steve Smith (NYG - WR)
Hines Ward (Pit - WR)
Roddy White (Atl - WR)
Mike Williams (TB - WR)
Dustin Keller (NYJ - TE)

Rules for my league:
Tough choice between Gore / Blount / Williams at RB as they all have their issues. I went with Blount b/c I like what the Buccs are doing.

Freeman b/c of the same, plus the combo of the two should net you every TD the Buccs score and your league is clearly TD heavy.

Roddy / Jennings b/c they score well.

Ultimately, I think you have pretty similar values in your RBs & WRs (minus the one w/the strikethrough) so any combination of QB / RB / WR / WR frees you up in the draft to take the player you like best. Whereas, keeping 2 RBs makes it a little tougher to take the RB you really like early. I really like Keller this year as woefully undervalued, but that low value makes him a waste of a keeper spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
General suggestions for auction drafts? I'm going to be participating in my first this week - live draft so it should be fun. This one's also got the fun wrinkle of starting 2 QB's and a flex so it'll definitely be interesting.
Not really. Joined my first auction league this year, too. I'm going to try to stay away from the crazy bids that push guys like AP / Foster into the $70 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I'm looking for a keeper QB after all the other ones are already kept.
-Rodgers
-Brady
-Brees
-Rivers
-Peyton
-Vick

The next wave is between:
-Romo
-Ryan
-Schuab
-Ben
-Freeman

I think the offense and weapons around Matt Ryan are phenomenal. He could blossom into a stat machine if their play-calling goes that way.
Schuab has AJ, but AJ never scores more than 8 TDs himself.

I like Freeman a lot and he put up nice numbers last year and he should get better. I just don't know if he and that offense will ever put up consistent big time points for QBs like Rodgers, Brees have.

I think Romo could be great as well with Austin and Dez Bryant, plus a good TE. I got Rodgers for him straight up in early 2008, and then last year, traded Rodgers back for Romo + MJD. Of course, Romo then went down right away and MJD struggled too with injuries.

I don't like Ben, but they seem to throw more than ever now.
Who should I take?
Ben is the most underrated QB heading into the season. He had the 6th best YPG but his missed games bumped him down the ranks. He's also good for 100 yards and a pair of TDs rushing each year. If it's a long term keeper setup I'd probably target Ryan & Freeman. If you can only keep guys for a few years then I'd go shoot for Schaub & Ben.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what do you guys think of brandon lloyd's chances to repeat last season? i don't think he'll be quite as good, but he and orton have a good connection and he's the clear number one for denver. i'm working on a trade for him now because he'd take kellen winslow's spot as a keeper for me. plus i have maclin who is a big question mark right now. i give up a 2nd and 6th rounder and get lloyd and a 9th. i have two of the top 5 picks, so i'm not worried about giving up the 2nd at all.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I'm playing this league where QB TD are 6 pts and it only 20 yards for a pt......how does this change the value of the elite QB? Do they get a bump or does it all even out as the non elites will also put up better numbers?
Old 08-12-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
So, I'm playing this league where QB TD are 6 pts and it only 20 yards for a pt......how does this change the value of the elite QB? Do they get a bump or does it all even out as the non elites will also put up better numbers?
the dropoff between an elite qb to a middle one and a elite rb or wr to middle one is going to be the same points/game. i'd still make sure you get one of the best qbs, but let other guys take rodgers, manning, brady, etc. before elite rbs. the difference between vick and freeman last year was about 2-3 ppg. there are only about 15 good fantasy rbs.

also, with maclin's illness leaving his status in the air, i made a deal for brandon lloyd in my keeper league. a couple hours before my deal, one guy gave up a 2nd and 4th rounder in the keeper draft and bernard pollard (#2 idp safety) for jermichael finley alone. i gave up a 2nd and 4th for brandon lloyd and a 6th, so i feel pretty good about the deal. i still plan on keeping maclin, but lloyd gives me another good wr option in the event maclin experiences more delays.

Last edited by sbh15 : 08-12-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If any of you guys create any new leagues for fun or $ or whatever, try the 2-QB rule once.
It actually resembles real football in that it makes the QB the most important position, not RB.

Real life, RB's aren't that important to winning.
Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, MJD, Frank Gore, Chris Johnson, etc.
No sniffs of Super Bowl rings for any of em. Even LaDanian Tomlinson and Priest Holmes, fantasy legends, didn't lead their teams to any Super Bowl games.

NE and the Packers don't even care who they have back there really.

But name the top 5 QBs in the league, and they all have rings.
6 if you count Roethlisberger.

How ever many points are awarded for yards, carries, catches, etc... that doesn't matter to me, but having the 2-QBs making QBs a bit more important than RB & WR is crucial. I hate being in leagues with 1 QB & 2 or 3 RBs.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
the dropoff between an elite qb to a middle one and a elite rb or wr to middle one is going to be the same points/game. i'd still make sure you get one of the best qbs, but let other guys take rodgers, manning, brady, etc. before elite rbs. the difference between vick and freeman last year was about 2-3 ppg. there are only about 15 good fantasy rbs.

also, with maclin's illness leaving his status in the air, i made a deal for brandon lloyd in my keeper league. a couple hours before my deal, one guy gave up a 2nd and 4th rounder in the keeper draft and bernard pollard (#2 idp safety) for jermichael finley alone. i gave up a 2nd and 4th for brandon lloyd and a 6th, so i feel pretty good about the deal. i still plan on keeping maclin, but lloyd gives me another good wr option in the event maclin experiences more delays.
Thats what I figured. I am still making sure I get one of the top 6, but I'm not reaching for an elite guy early.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yay ESPN 8 team mocks

P. Manning
M. Stafford
-
A. Peterson
M. Forte
J. Best
M. Ingram
J. Addai
C. Spiller
-
C.Johnson
H.Nicks
W. Welker
B. Marshall
A. Collie
S. Rice
-
J. Graham
-
NE D/ST
-
S. Gostkowski

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
If any of you guys create any new leagues for fun or $ or whatever, try the 2-QB rule once.
It actually resembles real football in that it makes the QB the most important position, not RB.

Real life, RB's aren't that important to winning.
Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, MJD, Frank Gore, Chris Johnson, etc.
No sniffs of Super Bowl rings for any of em. Even LaDanian Tomlinson and Priest Holmes, fantasy legends, didn't lead their teams to any Super Bowl games.

NE and the Packers don't even care who they have back there really.

But name the top 5 QBs in the league, and they all have rings.
6 if you count Roethlisberger.

How ever many points are awarded for yards, carries, catches, etc... that doesn't matter to me, but having the 2-QBs making QBs a bit more important than RB & WR is crucial. I hate being in leagues with 1 QB & 2 or 3 RBs.
Played in my first 2-QB league last year and it was awesome, I'd definitely recommend trying it. Pushes up the value of quarterbacks a bunch like you said. The fact that I got that and took Brady and Brees with my first two picks definitely helped (and the experience was better given I finished in the money for the regular season and the playoffs, so I'm a little biased), but I'd definitely recommend trying it at some point.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Played in my first 2-QB league last year and it was awesome, I'd definitely recommend trying it. Pushes up the value of quarterbacks a bunch like you said. The fact that I got that and took Brady and Brees with my first two picks definitely helped (and the experience was better given I finished in the money for the regular season and the playoffs, so I'm a little biased), but I'd definitely recommend trying it at some point.
Wow, awesome!

I had Rodgers and Peyton Manning since Oct of 2008 and it always put me in the money.... I need to get another great QB2..... Romo seems to be the consensus highest QB available, per all the cheat sheets I have studied. Many of them have him above 1 or 2 of the big 6.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have my draft (8 team league) tonight. I have the first overall pick and Im very torn on who to take.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
I have my draft (8 team league) tonight. I have the first overall pick and Im very torn on who to take.
I take Adrian Peterson, no question.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Auction draft tonight.. almost done here..kinda anxious first one..

Brady
Chris Johnson
Felix Jones
Santonio Holmes
Julio Jones - WR/RB
Desean Jackson

Mcnabb and J Stew so far
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 team league

QB-
Tony Romo
Matt Schaub

WR-
Larry Fitzgerald
Brandon Lloyd
Brandon Marshall
Jordyzzzzz Nelson
Robert Meachem
Devin Hester

RB-
Arian Foster
LeGarrette Blount
Cedric Benson
Brandon Jacobs
Montario Hardesty

TE-
Jermichael Finley
Jerome Gresham

K-
Matt Bryant

D-
New England

no jets :(

Quote:
I take Adrian Peterson, no question.
i have no faith in their o line

Last edited by TimD : 08-15-2011 at 10:13 AM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to thank the 20-team PPR IDP League that didn't happen. I requested off work and everything. The least that could've been done was letting me know it wasn't going to happen. Had to find out by realizing the thread had been locked.

Appreciate it.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drafted my big league tonight. Drew first overall.

QB:
Matt Ryan
Kyle Orton

RB:
Adrian Peterson
Maurice Jones-Drew
DeAngelo Williams
Daniel Thomas
James Starks
Toby Gerhart

WR:
Hakeem Nicks
Brandon Marshall
Jeremy Maclin
Donald Driver

TE:
Brandon Pettrigrew
Jimmy Graham

K:
Gostkowski

D/ST:
Baltimore

10 team league, I'm forgetting a player on my roster as well.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay I need some more help for my keeper league again. From my earlier team I'm gonna keep Roddy White, Jennings, M. Williams (TB), and Blount. I have the 3rd pick so I figure I can pick up one of my RB I drop.

Pick 4 of the following. I'm leaning to keep CJ, D Jax, Best, but not sure who the 4th should be.

Carson Palmer (Cin - QB)
Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)

Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)
Ben Obomanu (Sea - WR)
Randy Moss (Ten - WR)

BenJarvus Green-Ellis (NE - RB)
Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)
Brian Westbrook (SF - RB)
LaDainian Tomlinson (NYJ - RB)
Jahvid Best (Det - RB)

Chris Cooley (Was - TE)
Todd Heap (Ari - TE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

calvin johnson, desean jackson, jahvid best, chris cooley.

there won't be too big of a drop-off from cutler to another qb you draft, and cooley is your best best after the first three, imo. i don't like best a whole lot, but he's a better option than your other rb's. if you don't go cooley, i guess you could go with lt. he won't have quite the year he did last season, but it should be solid
Old 08-16-2011, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have an extra spot in their league? Not looking for a keeper league, just a one-year deal. PPR or not is fine. Would prefer Yahoo but at this point I'm down for pretty much anything.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A bit late to the party on these two, but here goes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
what do you guys think of brandon lloyd's chances to repeat last season? i don't think he'll be quite as good, but he and orton have a good connection and he's the clear number one for denver. i'm working on a trade for him now because he'd take kellen winslow's spot as a keeper for me. plus i have maclin who is a big question mark right now. i give up a 2nd and 6th rounder and get lloyd and a 9th. i have two of the top 5 picks, so i'm not worried about giving up the 2nd at all.
No chance he repeats. John Fox offense . . . Lloyd is no Steve Smith. I wouldn't do that trade. Even with keepers Lloyd is not worth a 2nd round pick, let alone a 2 + 6.

Quote:
All QBs will be better, but this format does bump the value of all QBs. Taking Brees / Rivers instead of that WR2 or RB2 sometimes makes sense. Knowing you'll get ~25+ points each week from a top QB is more valuable than a low end WR2 that is a risky start that could only score 3 points.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Okay I need some more help for my keeper league again. From my earlier team I'm gonna keep Roddy White, Jennings, M. Williams (TB), and Blount. I have the 3rd pick so I figure I can pick up one of my RB I drop.

Pick 4 of the following. I'm leaning to keep CJ, D Jax, Best, but not sure who the 4th should be.

Carson Palmer (Cin - QB)
Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)

Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)
Ben Obomanu (Sea - WR)
Randy Moss (Ten - WR)

BenJarvus Green-Ellis (NE - RB)
Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)
Brian Westbrook (SF - RB)
LaDainian Tomlinson (NYJ - RB)
Jahvid Best (Det - RB)

Chris Cooley (Was - TE)
Todd Heap (Ari - TE)
The 3 you listed are definite keepers. I'd keep Cutler, too. He's the only guy there that has proven he can be a stud. It totally depends on the format, though. In general, don't force an extra keeper. If you only roll with 3 that's fine. Any guesses as to how many QBs vs. TEs will be kept? If there's lots of QBs being held then Cutler is a smart move.