Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 08-13-2011, 01:47 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julio balled, Matt made great throws n good decisions. HD caught the ball(with his hands zomg maybe he is back). Reynolds did great for his first real action with the first team.

Sam needs alot of work, Chris Owens still sucks, Sidbury did very well getting constant pressure. We have way too many RBs, would have liked to see more of Quizz but Snelling needed the reps.

Much more obv but those are the quick things from first watch.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DE is a very crowded position, you got a lot of guys that played extremely well tonight. Sidbury, Matthews, and that Stephens kid was great. Then we have Abe, Kroy, Ray, Chauncey.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Franks and Owens are battling for the nickel back position, but it doesn't look like either of them will win it. The most impressive player so far has been Rafael Bush.

I know it's a long shot, but he's outplaying both of them.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-15-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Franks and Owens are battling for the nickel back position, but it doesn't look like either of them will win it. The most impressive player so far has been Rafael Bush.

I know it's a long shot, but he's outplaying both of them.
You are acting as if your opinion is a fact. There are many people out there myself included that think Franks played very well. People are ragging Owens when our head coach took the blame for not going over what to do in that situation with that route combo under that defense. So give Owens a break, when he was playing with the starters he played very well. He kept his guy locked down.

Franks looked great out there, except for the whiffed sack, but that'll get corrected, honestly he looked kinda shocked that he was running that free through there. But he played very well otherwise, dunno what's with the hate around here. I believe Franks will win out and that he will play at a very high level. So you can go parade your opinion as fact somewhere else.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
You are acting as if your opinion is a fact. There are many people out there myself included that think Franks played very well. People are ragging Owens when our head coach took the blame for not going over what to do in that situation with that route combo under that defense. So give Owens a break, when he was playing with the starters he played very well. He kept his guy locked down.

Franks looked great out there, except for the whiffed sack, but that'll get corrected, honestly he looked kinda shocked that he was running that free through there. But he played very well otherwise, dunno what's with the hate around here. I believe Franks will win out and that he will play at a very high level. So you can go parade your opinion as fact somewhere else.
Why is everything so personal to you? My opinion is just an opinion, and it's to get some discussion going. I think going back to last years pre-season Rafael Bush has been pretty impressive. He's part of the team too, we can talk about him a little bit, it's ok. I'm not a Dominique Franks hater, but I don't constantly gloat about how good he is when he still hasn't done ****.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-15-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Why is everything so personal to you? My opinion is just an opinion, and it's to get some discussion going. I think going back to last years pre-season Rafael Bush has been pretty impressive. He's part of the team too, we can talk about him a little bit, it's ok. I'm not a Dominique Franks hater, but I don't constantly gloat about how good he is when he still hasn't done ****.
I stated a fact, you're the one who took it personal. You are gloating as if your post it the be all end all of truth, when in fact it wasn't.

I agree Bush looked pretty good out there, I'm pulling for him to make the 53 and honestly I think he gives us an amazing swing guy for S/CB which every roster needs. Really will help us out with depth and giving us that 2 for 1 type player.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I stated a fact, you're the one who took it personal. You are gloating as if your post it the be all end all of truth, when in fact it wasn't.

I agree Bush looked pretty good out there, I'm pulling for him to make the 53 and honestly I think he gives us an amazing swing guy for S/CB which every roster needs. Really will help us out with depth and giving us that 2 for 1 type player.
He made a comment, which was his opinion, and you blow up on him saying that he meant it as a fact? WTF are you talking about, is there some secret language you can read thru these little letters on a screen that lets you now what some1 is thinking when they type? Seems like it and man you are such a cool guy, just thought id throw that in and you can dissect what I actually meant.

Franks made 1 play to me that stood out and that was a quick break on a curl route and he came up and made a solid tackle, aside from that nothing IMO IMO IMO IMO (just in case u were confused). Also Owens sucked balls. Idgaf what the coaches said, other than that 1 play he still did terrible (IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO).

Also quit being such a dick around here. No need to be some tough guy behind your little screen, we really dont care.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
He made a comment, which was his opinion, and you blow up on him saying that he meant it as a fact? WTF are you talking about, is there some secret language you can read thru these little letters on a screen that lets you now what some1 is thinking when they type? Seems like it and man you are such a cool guy, just thought id throw that in and you can dissect what I actually meant.

Franks made 1 play to me that stood out and that was a quick break on a curl route and he came up and made a solid tackle, aside from that nothing IMO IMO IMO IMO (just in case u were confused). Also Owens sucked balls. Idgaf what the coaches said, other than that 1 play he still did terrible (IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO).

Also quit being such a dick around here. No need to be some tough guy behind your little screen, we really dont care.
He's like Iloxy, but on his period.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:

You can't read or what? I mean seriously, look at the way he stated his opinion, it was as if there was no room for debate. I mean give me a break dude, you gotta take a chill pill and relaaaax.

So you can jump down my throat, all I was doing was saying that his opinion wasn't a fact, people around here get their feathers ruffled so easily.

Prolly the worst Atlanta Falcons community on the web, unfortunately it's on a great website that I really enjoy outside of the team boards.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think we are all just normal people who can reasonably discuss football. You are a different specie.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-17-2011, 01:34 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You can't read or what? I mean seriously, look at the way he stated his opinion, it was as if there was no room for debate. I mean give me a break dude, you gotta take a chill pill and relaaaax.

So you can jump down my throat, all I was doing was saying that his opinion wasn't a fact, people around here get their feathers ruffled so easily.

Prolly the worst Atlanta Falcons community on the web, unfortunately it's on a great website that I really enjoy outside of the team boards.
when did he, in that entire post say it was a fact, or what made it seem like that to you? Was it his tone? Oh wait...you cant hear a tone while simply reading, crazy I know. OMGZ CAREFUL GUYZ MY FEATHERZZZ ARE A RUFFLINNNNN. Can't you all see how ruffled I am, idk if I can ever go on, we are like the worst fans ever, with 0 knowledge of anything, ahhhhhhhhh!!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
when did he, in that entire post say it was a fact, or what made it seem like that to you? Was it his tone? Oh wait...you cant hear a tone while simply reading, crazy I know. OMGZ CAREFUL GUYZ MY FEATHERZZZ ARE A RUFFLINNNNN. Can't you all see how ruffled I am, idk if I can ever go on, we are like the worst fans ever, with 0 knowledge of anything, ahhhhhhhhh!!!!
I'm not liking your tone right now. You are acting as if your fact is an opinion.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 08-17-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Good to see HD back to his old self and them some.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I picked up HD in my fantasy league hoping he'd be back to form. Doing good now. Hopefully he won't see anymore set backs and will continue to improve.

Anyone interested to summarize the game a little bit today, I didn't get to watch it.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-20-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IAnyone interested to summarize the game a little bit today, I didn't get to watch it.
Only watched the first half. To sum it up they weren't nearly as good as they were in week 1 and made the jax D look like a top five defense. But douglas really stood out and also ray edwards didn't play.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRWRTR View Post
Only watched the first half. To sum it up they weren't nearly as good as they were in week 1 and made the jax D look like a top five defense. But douglas really stood out and also ray edwards didn't play.
From some of the highlights I saw, the defensive line looked like they were getting a lot of pressure. Hopefully with Edwards in there they'll be as good as we know they could be.

ABE, BABS, Peria and ED are all QB punishers.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-21-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this team could be scary. This is a real test this week. I'm excited to see how Cortez Allen and Eric Clanton do for the Steelers though.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:40 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for this game. We're really going to get an idea what the first week of the season will look like. The Steelers are going to be coming to play too. Should be a fun scrimmage to watch.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

I doubt the Steelers throw out their blitz packages, maybe a few small ones but nothing crazy in the preseason. Should be a good 1st half to watch.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

We need more discussion here, tonight's game should be fun to watch.

We will finally get to see Ray Edwards.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-27-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We need more discussion here, tonight's game should be fun to watch.

We will finally get to see Ray Edwards.
ya will be good to get to watch him a little bit, hopefully tonight one of the nickel corners steps up
Old 08-28-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Is there reason for concern or is our team just more rusty than the rest of the league?

first team needs to get it together.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 08-28-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Is there reason for concern or is our team just more rusty than the rest of the league?

first team needs to get it together.
I have no idea, weve shown flashes to make me believe were fine, but then yesterday where alot of ppl look awful, I nkow the excuse is oh its just preseason, but still.

I'm not gonna panic, the year the Lions went 0-16 they were 4-0 in preseason so I guess I'll have concerns if we look bad in week 1.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Joe Hawley will start in week one in place of McClure. If he fares well, it's likely he won't be heading back to the bench. Just my opinion.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-31-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan needs to get into rhythm. I watched the first half, and it looks like the explosive aspect of the offense is there but Matt Ryan isn't there to deliver the strike (even if he does deliver, it hasn't been as accurate as he usually is). I understand the throw to Harry Douglas in the endzone was a rushed one, but that ball has got to get there - thats another 4 points. Throw in the *slight* overthrow to Julio Jones (the CB swiped at his arms while he laid out for the ball. a better pass and he can use his body for shielding) and thats another 7 points. It's the little things like these.

But as for the positive: I haven't seen so much speed on our offense since the DVD days! Harry Douglas FINALLY looks recovered from his surgery and has regained a lot of speed (almost looks faster than before..remember when he was run down by chris harris against the panthers? now he's the one doing the running down and outrunning) and watching Julio Jones with a trail of 2 defenders behind him was beautiful. Like a lot of JJ doubters, I wasn't sure how his 225 lb body was going to get down the field, so that was reassuring (granted, the steelers starting CBs werent playing...).

This is going to be a good season.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote