Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-11-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, the Madden gameplay doesnt feel awful this year to me. Not great, but compared to the last Madden I played, 2009, it's an improvement for sure. That said, QBs are fast as hell. Cutler must have been frequenting that Michael Johnson speed camp in the off-season.

It's okay. I dont even want it, but I'll probably get it this year. Why? Because my dad likes to play more than I do. Our multi-team franchises have become a bit of a bonding experience. haha. I'm not even positive you can still have a same xbox multi-team franchise, seeing how NCAA did away with them this year, for whatever reason. One of the stupidest decisions they ever made. There are tons of dudes who have offline dynasties with buddies.

They did the same thing with their NHL series...and it really pissed me off.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably going to end up taking the plunge and getting Madden. NCAA has just become too much of a bore for me at this point. The gameplay isn't close to what I'd like it to be (the best I can manage is semi realistic outcomes/scores), and after playing so much NCAA 11, I just can't push myself through the same awful recruiting system anymore.

And when I tried to get on board with Coaching Carousel, all the problems with the game mode make it almost unplayable. Custom Conferences are cool, but not hold onto the game worthy. Add in the fact that I'm much more of an NFL guy than I am college football, and I may just have to cave.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm just kind of bumbling through Arkham Asylum at a slow pace. It's a good game, but the depth in the combat just isn't there in comparison to top flight action titles. The boss fights are also pretty underwhelming from what I've seen so far.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Batman Arkham Aslyum. The combat could get a little stale...and there are way too many recycled hulking enemies. But the game is fantastic. There are actually a lot of different game variants. With the investigation type stuff, stealth, Scare Crow levels, Killer Croc level, and the levels themselves have nice design in general. They actually do a pretty good job of switching it up, in that regard.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-11-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm digging the production values and the and the design, but the gameplay is just kind of meh. Defiantly the best Batman game I've played though haha. Maybe they'll change things up combat wise in the next title...because beating up the same thugs by pressing X over and over again is more than a bit boring.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-11-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Use the counters and takedowns. Or turn off the blue indicator that tells you when they are about to hit you if you want to make it more of a challenge.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I do use the counters and take downs. Challenge isn't the issue either, that's fine for the most part. It's just that the actual mechanics are pretty bland. Reminds me of the first Assassin's Creed a lot. Again, not knocking the game. Loving the atmosphere and exploration, just wish the combat was knocked up a few decibels.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-11-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well what difficulty are you playing on? Cause if wanted to play without the blue indicator icons just turn it up to Hard.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I beat Nier, took 25 hours. The story is completely crazy, especially near the end...but for as weird as it was, it works. And the game itself, is one of the better RPGs I've ever played. A very underrated game. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-12-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comparison of all the races from Oblivion to Skyrim:

It's amazing how much better the character models are. Seriously can't wait for this game.

Edit - A couple more:

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 08-12-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, they've really upped the quality of a lot of stuff. Bethesda has a long way to go to get rid of their horrible reputation for character models, but that's certainly a start.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-13-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Is EA still doing that thing where they try and make you pay more to play online when you buy games used? Cause after playing the Madden Demo and beating the Bears 49-3. I don't think I want to go run out and buy it new this year.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah if you buy it used, I'm sure you have to pay extra for the online pass.

As far as the demo...of course it was easy. It was probably on "pro" difficulty. That said, I wouldnt blame anyone for not wanting to buy Madden new.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

As for my gaming right now...I decided to beat Nier for a second time. But it's not exactly what you think. At one point in the game it skips ahead 5 years, and once you beat it once, you start from that point. Some roughly 4-5 hours from the end of the game. It's pretty cool, though...because the developers added new cut scenes and other fun stuff to your 2nd playthrough. And it puts a different spin on the whole thing, once you actually know and understand the storyline. There are four endings in total. ABCD. I got A and B, but I dont know if I want to attempt C for a while yet...because you need to acquire every weapon in the game first, to do so, and that's not the easiest of things to do.

I dont know what I'll do to keep busy until Deus Ex now. I may move on to shorter game, I might not. Dont know yet.

But again...if you havent played Nier, give it a shot, or at least look up some youtube videos for it. It's a special game, that I really had a blast with.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah if you buy it used, I'm sure you have to pay extra for the online pass.

As far as the demo...of course it was easy. It was probably on "pro" difficulty. That said, I wouldnt blame anyone for not wanting to buy Madden new.
It was just ridiculous with Aaron Rodgers and his super human speed, the lack of real pass defense, I sacked and hit Jay Cutler more times then he got hit irl against the Giants all with just running a 2 man under every play.

Oh and I hate the new kicking system I must have kicked the ball out of bounds at least 10 times on kickoffs.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I played the demo...I only played one drive, though. Never kicked off. Cutler was super fast also. I thought the gameplay felt better than the last Madden game I played, but the QBs are apparently all scramblers. I'm not interested in it, but I'll probably get it this year, just because my dad wants to play it. ha. If he wants it so bad, though...he's going to have to pay for at least half of it, because I'm not paying full price, that's for sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I played the demo...I only played one drive, though. Never kicked off. Cutler was super fast also. I thought the gameplay felt better than the last Madden game I played, but the QBs are apparently all scramblers. I'm not interested in it, but I'll probably get it this year, just because my dad wants to play it. ha. If he wants it so bad, though...he's going to have to pay for at least half of it, because I'm not paying full price, that's for sure.
I have Madden 10 so I don't know if it is a different system from 10 to 11 or they just changed it for 12. It is just bad to me I even missed a extra point. I wanted to get it mainly just cause my last game is getting old but now I am not so sure if I want to get 12.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I think the last Madden game I have is 10 also...I didnt like that one at all. It doesnt feel like football to me. I surprisingly didnt even feel the itch to play a pro football game last year. Didnt want 11 and never returned to 10. I can seriously do without Madden until they just blow it up and build it from the ground up again.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Ya I dint bother to get 11 last year either but I thought I would give 12 a chance this year.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm trying to sell an elite. What's the least I should take for it?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Gamescom has kicked off with some trailers. Nice ones.

Mass Effect 3 gameplay;

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-16-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've officially put my copy of ncaa 12 on the shelf. going to do the trade-in deal game stores usually have with madden and get that for about 20 bucks and hope it's better. ncaa was ******* awful, though. i can't play it for more than 10-20 minutes at a time unless i have something on hand to break
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

So besides EE and I, who's getting Deus Ex on Tuesday? I'm pysched. I cant wait to play something new, and I've been waiting a long time.

And oh I didnt even realize it's getting close...but Gears 3 is only a month away now. These are obviously my next two new, new games...then RAGE in October. mmmm.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-19-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh... I want Deus Ex, but I don't have time for it right now.

Gears3 and Skyrim are my next two games. And last of the year barring DotA2.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm going for broke, myself. The one game I'm on the fence about buying at launch is Arkham City. And that's more a cost saving move. I have no doubt that the game will be awesome.

But there are so many games set to release before the year ends...

Deus Ex, Gears 3, RAGE, Uncharted 3, and Skyrim...I'll be getting on launch 100%. But there are several other good ones coming out in that time frame as well.

2012 is going to be very expensive as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS