Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who has a better chance to resurrect their career?
Mike Williams 57 48.72%
Troy Williamson 60 51.28%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Mike Williams owned Terrence Newman on a smash route, for a TD, in the final game of the year.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
At least Mike Williams owned Terrence Newman on a smash route, for a TD, in the final game of the year.
TNewman fan will be making excuses for months now.....did u have to mention that :P
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
TNewman fan will be making excuses for months now.....did u have to mention that :P
Why do you think I mentioned it?

Old 03-31-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

both dont work hard, but williamsons speed will make him useful for something

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Honestly.... neither has had much of a chance to even break out yet. Mike has been sidelined for one reason or another for about a season total. Troy has been a bit buried in Minnesota.

Talk to me in year 4 or 5 of their careers, then we can talk bust/ressurection options.

I honestly think former first round pick Bryant Johnson is more talented than either of them and could be a legit number 1 if given the right opportunity.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
Honestly.... neither has had much of a chance to even break out yet. Mike has been sidelined for one reason or another for about a season total. Troy has been a bit buried in Minnesota.

Talk to me in year 4 or 5 of their careers, then we can talk bust/ressurection options.
QFT. Thank you.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post

I honestly think former first round pick Bryant Johnson is more talented than either of them and could be a legit number 1 if given the right opportunity.
Why do you think they've been burried? (and with Williamson that's not even an accurate statement).

When you can't beat out Josh McCown on the depth chart at WR, it's not "for some reason or another", it's because you aren't very good.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Fooath
Rookie

Fooath hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Williamson, at least he can get open, and some major seperation. He's had solid games, Williams hasnt. He's slow as a turd rolling up hill, and refuses to consider moving to TE. If Williamson could figure out how to catch he'd be a force. If Williams wasnt fat, slow, and stubborn he'd have a chance.
Fooath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Why do you think they've been burried? (and with Williamson that's not even an accurate statement).

When you can't beat out Josh McCown on the depth chart at WR, it's not "for some reason or another", it's because you aren't very good.
But at least he torched Terrence Newman.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooath View Post
Williamson, at least he can get open, and some major seperation. He's had solid games, Williams hasnt. He's slow as a turd rolling up hill, and refuses to consider moving to TE. If Williamson could figure out how to catch he'd be a force. If Williams wasnt fat, slow, and stubborn he'd have a chance.
I don't think anyone has asked him.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its Mike Williams (and don't call me a homer). Williams has not been given the opportunity to play in this league, while Williamson has played considerable time with little results.

Mike Williams is a guy who was inherited by an entirely new coaching staff that includes Marinelli, a guy who has a "my way or the highway" approach to coaching, and Mike Martz, who has no use for a WR like Mike Williams (too big, not fast enough). The coaching staff has basically refused to put Williams in the lineup, primarily because he is overweight in the eyes of the team. In reality, Mike Williams is very near the same weight he played at while at Southern Cal. But his weight shouldn't be reason enough to keep him on the bench.

Williams should have a role for Detroit (and if not us, then he can definatly do it for some other team). He has rare size for a WR. He should be a major redzone threat due to his height and size.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Williams...Williamson was top 10 pick because he ran a fast 40....Williams was a Top 10 pick because of what he did on the field(which is very underated these days)!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I agree. Williams actually had a handful of decent games, as a rookie, in '05. His problem is he is the antithesis of a Mike Martz' receiver.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Bucs, i'd take Mike Williams and play him at TE. He needs proper coaching to help his work ethic, and being in his hometown would help too. I actually think we would sign him if he was a free agent.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
For the Bucs, i'd take Mike Williams and play him at TE. He needs proper coaching to help his work ethic, and being in his hometown would help too. I actually think we would sign him if he was a free agent.
In my mock draft....I had the bucs drafting him... I still remeber that ;)
Old 03-31-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
In my mock draft....I had the bucs drafting him... I still remeber that ;)
According to wikipedia, his favourite team growing up was the Bills, and his favourite player was Barry Sanders because he would always torch the Bucs on local TV. Friggin bandwagoner......

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
According to wikipedia, his favourite team growing up was the Bills, and his favourite player was Barry Sanders because he would always torch the Bucs on local TV. Friggin bandwagoner......
Was barry sanders was god-like..He was my favorite player back then too(other then Troy Aikman)
Old 04-01-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Williams can find a new team, preferably a west coast offense team, there is still hope for him (Tennessee perhaps? Chow and Fisher could maybe revive him). He's still only 23 after all.

Williamson's problem is that he never ever should have gone as high as he did. He had #2 or #3 reciever written all over him, and the talent surrounding him on offense is a joke. Minnesota needs to find a good #1 reciever that Williamson can complement. I was shocked, absolutely shocked, when they drafted him at #7. It was one of the worst top 10 draft selections I'd ever seen.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Wouldn't a Williams for Williamson deal be interesting.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

esily troy, this isnt even debatable

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

y do u think that atleast explain it when u say easily this or easily that
Old 04-01-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BMW issues isnt over his skill he is able to be a good-great reciever if he is actually motivated to do it while williamson seems like at best he can be adecent-good reciever i understand its a big IF for BMW but once his big contract is up he might actually wake up and realize he's in the real world and not in sunny and nice USC
Old 04-01-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mike Williams biggest problem is probably weight and work ethic, which can be corrected (however unlikely). Troy Williamson's biggest problem is he simply cannot catch the football. I'll put my money on Williams, though it is not a bet I would take. Probably they will both suck.

Look how they ended the season. Williamson was deactivated week 17 in a meaningless game between two teams eliminated from the playoffs (Rams). Williams caught the game winning TD pass over a playoff team.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

i completely agree one has issues with off the field stuff while the other has problems with his skills so if i had to choose between the two i;d take the one that has the skill but needs the motivation to get into shape
Old 04-01-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
i completely agree one has issues with off the field stuff while the other has problems with his skills so if i had to choose between the two i;d take the one that has the skill but needs the motivation to get into shape
The team (and Williamson) believe it has something to do with his hand-eye co-ordination. They are currently having him checked out so...if thats the problem it can be fixed.