Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-06-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eduardo Clements has moved back to RB.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looked good as a Fr. He should be 3rd on the depth chart, which is actually somewhat important (injuries, late-game carries). He's also our best receiving back by a wide margin if he's progressed equally since HS.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chickillo impressing, quotes from Coach D about the 3-4.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg

Last edited by draftguru151 : 08-10-2011 at 11:52 AM.
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-12-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Similar to the above - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T2AB...A52594C2 E9F1

I love Sean Spence. Favorite player since Jonathan Vilma in college. In a year you may see me change my user name :)

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spence and Vilma have a lot of similarities but Vilma was just much better. He was more consistent and one of the nastiest hitters I've ever seen. He wasn't a big showboat and has never had an intimidator persona but he has all of the top hits in Canes history except for that 1 by Barrow, but even that one wasn't that special cause the receiver was defenseless. Vilma would square up RBs going full steam and still knock the fugg out of them.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Spence and Vilma have a lot of similarities but Vilma was just much better. He was more consistent and one of the nastiest hitters I've ever seen. He wasn't a big showboat and has never had an intimidator persona but he has all of the top hits in Canes history except for that 1 by Barrow, but even that one wasn't that special cause the receiver was defenseless. Vilma would square up RBs going full steam and still knock the fugg out of them.
Oh I hear you. His two hits against Nebraska were two of the biggest hits i've ever seen. Vilma still reigns supreme for me, but I love Spence's game on a similar level when it comes to the Canes. Too bad I can't have the same dream of having him drafted to my team...he unfortunately just doesn't fit...

Anything new in Canes land lately? I haven't been seeing too much these days, other than the unfortunate...

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Oh I hear you. His two hits against Nebraska were two of the biggest hits i've ever seen. Vilma still reigns supreme for me, but I love Spence's game on a similar level when it comes to the Canes. Too bad I can't have the same dream of having him drafted to my team...he unfortunately just doesn't fit...

Anything new in Canes land lately? I haven't been seeing too much these days, other than the unfortunate...
Nothing really... Just this:
http://sports.yahoo.com/investigatio...trouble_081611

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Former RB Tyrone Moss already admitted to accepting $1000 from Shapiro. He also said that other players received money as well.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Former RB Tyrone Moss already admitted to accepting $1000 from Shapiro. He also said that other players received money as well.
What a snitch!!!!! He mad he ain't go pro I can't stand snitches/haters

University of Miami (FL) sanctions coming soon!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
That was the 'unfortunate' part i mentioned :)

Will be interesting to see what comes of it all. Pretty brutal, but not overly surprising to be honest.

Gotta love the NCAA.

Quote:
Old 08-16-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
What a snitch!!!!! He mad he ain't go pro I can't stand snitches/haters

University of Miami (FL) sanctions coming soon!!!!!!
Worst Moss to come to Miami. I was excited to see what Al Golden was doing to with Miami.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is this going to affect Recruiting? Looking at the 2012 Class you might be bringing in that would suck for Future Teams.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
How is this going to affect Recruiting? Looking at the 2012 Class you might be bringing in that would suck for Future Teams.
This will likely impact the past and the future. The outcome will likely be severe. Sucks for the current players on the roster, this could ruin their future chance at the NFL for some of them. Some will still be drafted (ala Marvin Austin, Greg Little, etc), but this certainly won't help their causes. I would expect a similar outcome to UNC of last season.

Am I wrong in my assumptions?

Looks like some of our current recruits will get some early playing time...

Quote:
Old 08-17-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think this will make some Underclassmen Leave Early and some younger guys to Transfer? Guys that might not have had a real shot at leaving but now more likely will leave now maybe Lamar Miller.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was thinking about this situation throughout the day. i find it hard to see me NOT accepting the gifts if i was a player at Miami.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the death penalty seriously being considered for the University of Miami?

For some reason I just could not see that happening.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post

None of us knows. I doubt if it does, but the possibility is there.

In the grand scheme of things, for a "name" program, they have a very small fanbase, it's a small school, and their history is relatively new (i.e. they were only a factor starting in the 80's). Also, there has been a major scandal every decade.

So I doubt it happens, but don't be too surprised if it happens. Also, just ignore all any the BS coming out of ESPN. They will theorize and allege crap all day, every day. They seem to know a lot less on most subjects than the people on this board.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
i was thinking about this situation throughout the day. i find it hard to see me NOT accepting the gifts if i was a player at Miami.
Completely agree.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:

Quote:
But Julie Roe Lach, the N.C.A.A.ís vice president for enforcement, said in an interview Wednesday that there had been little discussion about reviving harsh penalties like television bans or the so-called death penalty, two punishments once used by the N.C.A.A. that have long been shelved.
NY Times article.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-18-2011, 02:27 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before the U was the U, they were SMU.

Southern Methodist was on the verge of building a nat'l championship caliber program before receiving the death penalty.

I think it's better than 50/50 we're about to witness the end of Hurricanes football.

If they aren't given severe sanctions by the NCAA, what does that say to the rest of college football??

No TV, loss of scholarships, no bowl games.

Ouch.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:43 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Again when SMU received the death penalty, nearly 2/3 of their TEAM transferred.

Forget about recruits.

Why would someone go play somewhere that gets less coverage than a community college???

NO GAMES AT ALL ON TELEVISION.

The flipside is if the 'Canes receive the death penalty, Florida State is gonna party like it's 1990.
If the NCAA drops the axe, FSU will win a NC in five years.

The question is, what will Miami's brand name be after the death penalty is lifted?? How long will it take them to re-build??

I'd say it would be a decade before the Hurricanes are potentially a top 25 ranked team again.

Gonna find out how many of you really are 'Canes FANS.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:32 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Again when SMU received the death penalty, nearly 2/3 of their TEAM transferred.

Forget about recruits.

Why would someone go play somewhere that gets less coverage than a community college???

NO GAMES AT ALL ON TELEVISION.

The flipside is if the 'Canes receive the death penalty, Florida State is gonna party like it's 1990.
If the NCAA drops the axe, FSU will win a NC in five years.

The question is, what will Miami's brand name be after the death penalty is lifted?? How long will it take them to re-build??

I'd say it would be a decade before the Hurricanes are potentially a top 25 ranked team again.

Gonna find out how many of you really are 'Canes FANS.
WRT SMU, their Board of Trustees, President, and a bunch of other execs (including the Governor of Texas) were involved in operating a slush fund that bought players. When the NCAA said to cut it out, they all ignored the NCAA and continued to pay players. This is why they got the death penalty.

Miami is very bad (assuming this stuff is remotely true). The second worse that we've likely seen exposed in college football. But it's not SMU level of administrative corruption (yet).
Old 08-18-2011, 06:18 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

I think Miami loses scholarships and is ineligible for bowl games, for how long who knows.

I'm just wondering if they're going to be kept off TV, that's what really killed SMU.

SMU isn't the 'Canes, they don't have the history, and too many guys in South Florida when the ban is lifted will still want to play for UM.

Before Pete Carroll arrived at Southern Cal, they weren't a national powerhouse for more than a decade. But they still had that 'brand', and Carroll was the right coach to sell it to a new generation of recruits.

A harsh NCAA sanction would IMO put the 'Canes on life support, but it wouldn't kill them. Their alumni are too strong and their legacy is nearly unmatched to totally wipe out their program.

But don't think for a minute the NCAA isn't going to drop the hammer down hard on Miami. It may not be the exact same penalty SMU received, but in its own way it will be the kind of penalty none of us has ever seen before in college football.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/18/sp...r=3&ref=sports

Death penalty doesn't seem to be in discussion. I disagree with their judgement, but nobody asked me.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote