Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-17-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It is the best comedy on TV.

Larry David would like a word with you.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen season 1 :(

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished Lost.. loved pretty much every second of it and I don't get why so many complained. I won't spoil anything, but I was satisfied with the series as a whole.

Louie is damn near close to the best show on TV period, and it is definitely the best comedy. This season has been awesome so far.

Alphas is still pretty kickass. This last episode had a ton of Gary which made it full of win.

Aaaand, I'm on the second season of Misfits. Awesome show.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried watching a handful of Louie episodes and just couldn't do it. I don't think it's anywhere near the best comedy on tv, I thought it was pretty terrible actually, I didn't even crack a smile. Hate me all you want, just isn't for me.

And Lost is fine if you weren't expecting any clarification about anything going on the entire series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 08-17-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is the best comedy on TV.
one of the best shows on television, but as far as pure comedy....I don't know, it gets really depressing sometimes, which I love.

I still like CYE more for pure comedy, but think Louie is a better, deeper show.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Larry David would like a word with you.
Curb is funnier, but Louie is the more impactful an better overall show. And you suck Jvig, I don't see how anyone could hate Louie, it's worlds better than Seinfeld ever was for instance.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think the depressing comedy it goes for is just that,depressing. It just doesn't entertain me, I have never found comedy in people having a depressing life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Louie's outlook on life, and pretty much everything, it's like he crept inside my head and stole my thoughts/feelings

BTW the blueberry episode was so ******* funny, I could LOL just thinking about the bedroom scene.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Curb is funnier, but Louie is the more impactful an better overall show. And you suck Jvig, I don't see how anyone could hate Louie, it's worlds better than Seinfeld ever was for instance.
As far as I'm concerned the goal of comedy is to be funny, so if it's funnier it's better.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I love Louie's outlook on life, and pretty much everything, it's like he crept inside my head and stole my thoughts/feelings
This. His stand up segments are the best

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't watch Lost to get answers to all the little mysteries.. I watched it for the characters, and in that regard the show never disappointed. There are a few things I would have liked to have answers to, but the majority of it I couldn't care less.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned the goal of comedy is to be funny, so if it's funnier it's better.
A show is better if it can combine comedy with a considerable amount of substance or an intelligent plot, which is why Arrested Development, Louie, and Curb to some degree are better than pretty much every comedy. For instance, Archer is probably the funniest show on TV but I wouldn't consider it better than the 5th best comedy currently on (Louie, Curb, Parks and Rec, Community being the other 4).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-17-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The League just because it ties in perfectly to this board.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait for it...

I'll take Psych.

What???

You know that's right.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'd put those 5, Cougar Town, Modern Family, It's Always Sunny, Eastbound and Down, The Office, 30 Rock, Bored to Death, Childrens Hospital, Futurama, Psych, Wilfred, and South Park over The League for shows currently on.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-17-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I just think the depressing comedy it goes for is just that,depressing. It just doesn't entertain me, I have never found comedy in people having a depressing life.
Because things always work out in some way in the end (which is what a comedy is). Whether it's Louie overcoming a situation or just learning to live with it.

Louie is a great show because we care about the character. He's easy to root for because he's relatable and real. And he doesn't always win. It's the downs of Louie's life that make the funny parts so much more hilarious.-
Old 08-17-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd put those 5, Cougar Town, Modern Family, It's Always Sunny, Eastbound and Down, The Office, 30 Rock, Bored to Death, Childrens Hospital, Futurama, Psych, Wilfred, and South Park over The League for shows currently on.
Meh. All different types of comedies in that group but the first 10-12 eps of The League are just as funny than everything sans Psych, Modern Family, South Park.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-17-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'll admit that it's funny, but it just evolved into this boring formulaic show where you could figure out exactly what would happen 3 minutes in. It was ridiculous. It just formed into this version of Entourage, except with more talented comedic actors.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-17-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'll admit that it's funny, but it just evolved into this boring formulaic show where you could figure out exactly what would happen 3 minutes in. It was ridiculous. It just formed into this version of Entourage, except with more talented comedic actors.
I agree with that for about the last 3 or 4 episodes. I'll see what they bring in Season 3 but for me it's still in my top 7 right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-17-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The League was absolutely stellar up until about Episode 9 of Season 2, then it got absolutely ridiculous. But Season 2, Episode 3 of The League is as funny as any 21 minutes of TV Ive seen. Some of the lines are nothing short of genius.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm almost done with the first season. It's a very good show, but I think I remember some people saying it was the best comedy on TV or something close to it and I'm not sure about that. I hear that it takes a leap the second season though so I'm looking forward to that.
I think the first season is a whole lot better than the second. This season has been enjoyable but there's too much of the depressing or droll stuff that, while maybe relatable, just is not that entertaining to me. I dont think anything this season was as good as the S1 episodes in which he smokes with his neighbor or gets that acting role.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I think this season is considerably stronger personally, but whatever floats your boat. I like the depressing message stuff.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-17-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think this season is considerably stronger personally, but whatever floats your boat. I like the depressing message stuff.
Of course you do, you're an angry, pale malcontent who refuses to abuse drugs and alcohol to solve his problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Of course you do, you're an angry, pale malcontent who refuses to abuse drugs and alcohol to solve his problems.
Perhaps, but I'm less thin than I used to be. So there's that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-18-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

What new shows will everyone be watching this Fall?

sig by BoneKrusher