Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-11-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Toronto/Buffalo

So, I'm going to Toronto for 3 days this weekend (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, part Wednesday). What should I do? I will have a car, so some driving isn't a problem if there is something cool that might be a little out of the way. Only plans set in stone so far are hockey HOF and a Jays game Sunday. Im down for anything really: bars, clubs, museums, food (food is important!), whatever you know about Toronto that is worth doing. Please don't say Niagara Falls as I will be visiting from Buffalo which is the 2nd stop of my adventure after Toronto. Also, Buffalonians: I know Buffalo very well, but is anything special or unusual going down next week/weekend?

Those with quality contributions will be rewarded with rep.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're going to be visiting the Falls, I'd do so on the Canadian side. The attractions they have over there, such as Clifton Hill, are much nicer. There is a small, nice park right at the bottom, which you can follow down mostly to the Horseshoe Falls. I'm not sure of any attractions that are worth going to in Toronto, aside from the HOF and Jays game. The CN Tower just introduced the Edgewalk, which allows you to walk around the edge of the main pod. (http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1031224--cn-tower-s-edgewalk-there-s-nothing-like-living-on-the-edge?bn=1). If money is not a problem, it might be an interesting experience. I'll take a look to see if anything is going on in Buffalo.

EDIT: The Erie County Fair runs till the 21st, so you can make it to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Last edited by Bills2083 : 08-11-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
McGahee
Rookie

McGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

CN tower my friend
McGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canada's Wonderland if you like theme parks, although its about a half an hour away from Toronto.

Toronto FC maybe if they are in town?

Food, well how about Real Sports Bar & Grill? http://www.realsports.ca/bar

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get my little sister a fake ID!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

clubbing!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
clubbing!!!
You're from Toronto! What bars/clubs should I be going to? What neighborhoods are nice just to walk around in? Where/what is the best street food? Any out of the way/not touristy **** that is can't miss?
Old 08-12-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went to school less than an hour from Toronto, so I went there a lot for weekends and whatnot.

Madison's pub is an awesome bar to check out. Club scene on a Sunday/Monday etc though ? Ehh not sure.
Definitely check out a Jays game . 500 Level seats are cheap but still a
fun time, and the view isn't terrible. You get a bunch of people there just looking to take in a game and have fun up there so the atmosphere is good.

If you're doing the tourist stuff, go to the CN tower before the game. Right beside the SkyDome, and apparently they have some new attraction where you can walk outside the top of it. It's pricey but supposed to be a huge thrill. You get strapped to a cord and get 30 minutes to walk around and check out the skyline.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
I went to school less than an hour from Toronto, so I went there a lot for weekends and whatnot.

Madison's pub is an awesome bar to check out. Club scene on a Sunday/Monday etc though ? Ehh not sure.
Definitely check out a Jays game . 500 Level seats are cheap but still a
fun time, and the view isn't terrible. You get a bunch of people there just looking to take in a game and have fun up there so the atmosphere is good.

If you're doing the tourist stuff, go to the CN tower before the game. Right beside the SkyDome, and apparently they have some new attraction where you can walk outside the top of it. It's pricey but supposed to be a huge thrill. You get strapped to a cord and get 30 minutes to walk around and check out the skyline.
I'll check Madison's out for sure.....I prefer bars to clubs anyways. I am def. doing CN Tower.....I saw the cord thing, but $175 is probably too steep for me. Maybe I will splurge in the moment though. Bought seats for Jays-Angels day game Sunday as its the only one I could make it to. Really looking forward to it.

Have any food tips? Especially street food, thats kind of my thing. I eat everything, so the stranger the better. Any cool non touristy things people normally wouldn't do? I can find out about all the major attractions online, I love doing some local things as well though. Also, what are the best neighborhoods just to walk around and people watch/get a feel for the city/see nice architecture/whatever?
Old 08-12-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
You're from Toronto! What bars/clubs should I be going to? What neighborhoods are nice just to walk around in? Where/what is the best street food? Any out of the way/not touristy **** that is can't miss?
We don't have street vendors like NY because of the restrictions on it. It's mostly hot dogs and crappy Asian food. For popular take-out there's Burrito Boyz for Mexican, Smoke's for poutine (I don't like Smoke's but some Americans never get to try poutine), Chippy's for fish & chips, Craft Burger is my favorite burger joint (there are lots). For Pizza most take-out is about the same quality. Bitondo's is probably the best but the location sucks. Libretto is the best sit-down pizzeria. Negroni is the best for sandwiches/panini but it's also somewhat out-of-the-way location-wise.

I'm not too sure about neighborhoods. Queen St. has a lot of parks and interesting local shops.

If you have any other specific questions just ask.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll check Madison's out for sure.....I prefer bars to clubs anyways. I am def. doing CN Tower.....I saw the cord thing, but $175 is probably too steep for me. Maybe I will splurge in the moment though. Bought seats for Jays-Angels day game Sunday as its the only one I could make it to. Really looking forward to it.

Have any food tips? Especially street food, thats kind of my thing. I eat everything, so the stranger the better. Any cool non touristy things people normally wouldn't do? I can find out about all the major attractions online, I love doing some local things as well though. Also, what are the best neighborhoods just to walk around and people watch/get a feel for the city/see nice architecture/whatever?
I'd recommend the distillery district for this. Per wiki: The Distillery District is a historic and entertainment precinct located east of Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It contains numerous cafes, restaurants and shops housed within heritage buildings of the former Gooderham and Worts Distillery. The 13-acre (52,000 sq. m) district comprises more than 40 heritage buildings and 10 streets, and is the largest collection of Victorian era industrial architecture in North America.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, if you're looking for somewhere to have a few beers and some good pub style food, i highly recommend The Three Brewers at Yonge and Dundas.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you are doing museums the ROM can fill as much time as you want (at least that's what my wife tells me).
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Good stuff, Crossroads. I will be sure to check out that pub and the distillery district.

I am a bit of a museum nerd, so I will check out the ROM for sure. Sounds good to me.

Thanks, guys!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
bars - i never go
clubs - if youre looking for upper class; Muzic, This Is London. what i`ve gone to and the best women; Mansion, City, Tryst

neighborhoods- young street

best street food- hotdogs!
Old 08-16-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buffalo has had a pretty nice food truck scene, lately, though it's currently embroiled in legal debate since we're such a well run city. Good whole hog and BBQ trucks, but I would definitely try Lloyd's Tacos if you're looking for some street food/awesome tacos.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Canadian National Exhibition is starting by the Lakeshore in Toronto this Friday. It's a big, national fair and its truly a spectacle. For bars, my favorite has to be the Imperial Pub on Dundas downtown by Yonge Street. It's a true drinking establishment more than anything, its got two floors with good drinks, a library, and a patio.

Buffalo, you know the deal. Stay off Chippewa and go to Allentown or Elmwood instead for nightlife. Better bars, better people. My favorite bar downtown is Founding Father's on Edward and Delaware. Its a true oasis away from the madness on Chippewa and a great place to cap off a night. Free nachos and trivia!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Its a true oasis away from the madness on Chippewa and a great place to cap off a night. Free nachos and trivia!
Yes. Nachos and trivia! It's not bad for Sabres games, either.

I'm mostly on Elmwood, though. Going to school there helps.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote