Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who has a better chance to resurrect their career?
Mike Williams 57 48.72%
Troy Williamson 60 51.28%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2007, 02:39 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who don't know what a period is make my brain hurt....
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Purple N Proud

I remember being disappointed back when the Vikings took Troy Williamson. I already had visions of a big Mike Williams running down the field in our purple. Haha I guess neither really were up to the 7th pick but o well, at least if I was choosing it wouldn't have been such a big deal.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:57 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple N Proud View Post
I remember being disappointed back when the Vikings took Troy Williamson. I already had visions of a big Mike Williams running down the field in our purple. Haha I guess neither really were up to the 7th pick but o well, at least if I was choosing it wouldn't have been such a big deal.
Yeah, I remember screaming at my television after we took Williamson over Williams. I was so sure, like many others, that Williams was gonna be an immediate contributor that I just snapped. Good thing it really didn't matter.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:27 AM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like using Williamson in Madden and just have him do crossing and corner routes all the time. Does that count?
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:56 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
The team (and Williamson) believe it has something to do with his hand-eye co-ordination. They are currently having him checked out so...if thats the problem it can be fixed.
That was a crap excuse put out there by Williamson's agent (who of course would be willing to give the media an excuse for Troy's problems). Childress said in a recent interview he was not happy with the agent doing that.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who will resurrect their career? I don't know. I thought this would be a bust-competition.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

They both suck and are busts.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
I like using Williamson in Madden and just have him do crossing and corner routes all the time. Does that count?
Yes....Madden is Real life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to clarify, McCown wasn't ahead of Williams on the depth chart for those three or four games because he's a better receiver than Mike Williams. He was ahead of Williams because he actually has a work ethic.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Just to clarify, McCown wasn't ahead of Williams on the depth chart for those three or four games because he's a better receiver than Mike Williams. He was ahead of Williams because he actually has a work ethic.
How is that any better?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well because Williams in infinitely more talented than Josh McCown, it's just Marinelli was stubborn and wouldn't put him on the field. If Williams would've been let on the field he would've been no worse than the #3 by season's end.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Well because Williams in infinitely more talented than Josh McCown, it's just Marinelli was stubborn and wouldn't put him on the field. If Williams would've been let on the field he would've been no worse than the #3 by season's end.
I guess you could call it stubborn. I don't think most coaches would start players they thought were lazy or out of shape either, which is why I don't think Williams will ever amount to anything.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Williamson would just hold on and adjust to the ball, I think he could qualify as decent. I don't know how you fix a reciever's confidence and ability to catch.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither have been in good situations but I do hold out hope for Troy. A QB who can throw over 10 yards more than once a game cant hurt. Inexperience in just about every position around him including himself will not help however.

He was 'raw' coming out (can the same be said of BMW?), I don't see how he's a bust after 2 years being thrown on a complete joke of an offence. That only applies however to people who weren't against him from the start (swagger).

Williamson will go into next season probably starting, has done more in his time, has a skill set that is more valuable, and a work ethic that whilst has been questioned is still above that of Williams, all more than can be said for the other guy on the poll. So i'd probably hold out more hope for Williamson to do more in his career. You can work on problems, completely changed someone's attitude towards life however...

The main problem is people on here prefer dealing with things that cant be qualified (me included) to prove their points (move him to TE, if he wakes up and smells the coffee blah blah he'll own the planet etc). I guess that's the point of the internet.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
Yes....Madden is Real life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's actually a 93 in my franchise and a Pro Bowler. I just have him work out of the slot all the time. So the answer to this question is Troy Williamson.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Soon, his arteries will prove you wrong.
Ha ... that's a good one.

As for me, it's no question here. Williamson. Williams was overrated to begin with, and he lacks a work ethic as others have noted. If this eye thing is legitimate, who knows what Troy might do. If he could hold on to a few more balls, the production would go up a lot, as he can get open in this league.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
If Williams can find a new team, preferably a west coast offense team, there is still hope for him (Tennessee perhaps? Chow and Fisher could maybe revive him). He's still only 23 after all.

Williamson's problem is that he never ever should have gone as high as he did. He had #2 or #3 reciever written all over him, and the talent surrounding him on offense is a joke. Minnesota needs to find a good #1 reciever that Williamson can complement. I was shocked, absolutely shocked, when they drafted him at #7. It was one of the worst top 10 draft selections I'd ever seen.
At the end of that draft season, most of the talk was that most people had Williamson above Mike Williams.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Wouldn't a Williams for Williamson deal be interesting.
I think it would actually make sense to an extent. If Mike Williams got in shape and gave effort, he could be a useful receiver in the scheme, and the Lions need another speed option in all honesty to ease the coverage away from Roy.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

who has the better chance of improving his career? I'd say that if Williams wanted to, he could be a great WR/TE... a big guy that lines up in the slot would help any team... Williamson on the other hand, has to improve his hand to eye coordination and his catching skills, and that's something really hard to learn.. Williamson will probably be better, but Williams could be a beast if he tried
Old 04-02-2007, 06:28 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mike Williams still has a chance to be a damned good player in the NFL, but he will never live up to his potential with the Lions. He's only 23. If he can keep his weight down and harder, he still has all the talent in the word.
Williamson's career is in a lot better shape than Williams though. He was 3rd on the Vikings in receiving, and was second among Vikings wide receivers. His ceiling is not as high as Williams though. If I had to pick one, I would pick Big Mike. I still haven't given up on him yet...I really think he just needs to play. The year long layoff from his last college game to being drafted really set him back. No matter how much you workout, you still need to be in gameshape. Williams needs to get on the field for a bit...and being in Rod Marinelli's dog house won't help him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They're both busts.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
At the end of that draft season, most of the talk was that most people had Williamson above Mike Williams.
Could be. I personally thought he had no business in the top 10. Nearing the end of that season he was more in the early 2nd range if I'm not mistaken with Mark Clayton solidly ahead of him. He rose due to workouts, and I'll always be skeptical of players like that.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
KWill93
Rookie

KWill93 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm gonna go with Williamson, at least he can get on the field for playing time.

Sig by Ctmagic24
KWill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, they haven't been in the league so for people to completely label them as "100% Bust" just proves how quick people are to judge.

That said, I think Williams has the better chance of developing because the reason why he hasn't produced is more mentally linked, as opposed to skill or physical reasons. He can catch and run routes, he's just not very motivated and I believe if he changed that he could easily be a good wide receiver.

I should make a Mike Williams sig...
Old 04-02-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Mike Williams by default. I've seen Williamson play and the guy literally has hands of stone.