Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-18-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will give Terra Nova a chance but I have very low expectations.

And

Ringer just because of (Buffy) Sarah Michelle Gellar.

I'm sure there will be others but I'm not really in the know when it comes to what is coming out.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I didn't watch Lost to get answers to all the little mysteries.. I watched it for the characters, and in that regard the show never disappointed. There are a few things I would have liked to have answers to, but the majority of it I couldn't care less.
VIDAE you are lying to yourself I know you wanted teh answersssssss damn you Lost.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
VIDAE you are lying to yourself I know you wanted teh answersssssss damn you Lost.
You want to know why Walt was special? **** you, there's a light cave in the middle of the island.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
It's basically unwatchable if you've seen the last season though. It's like watching a hot stripper undress, but knowing she's a tranny.

edit: this just became my go-to Lost comparison as well. BSG might have bigger titties, Lost is dat ass.
I think I may just take the high road and not ever watch the last season.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished "The Shield."

My thoughts:

1) The story about Vic's family was so bad. Every time Corrin or his stupid daughter were on the screen it was terrible.

2) What happened to Aceveda was disgusting and ridiculous. I wish I never watched that.

3) There were so many storylines/characters that just didn't develop and didn't mean anything.

WTF was the point of:
-Vic's kid with Dani.
-Julian being ***. He wasn't even a character after the 1st season or two.
-Kavanaugh. It was so anti-climactic. So was Antoine Mitchell really.
-The hot spanish cop. She did nothing. She was just there and very hot. Her character meant nothing.

And the way they solved cases was pretty ****** to. They just solved it. The final case with that kid Lloyd - he just admitted out of no where that he was a killer because he wanted to be a star or something. GTFO.

The first episode was epic and some episodes were very good (especially early on). The characters were also compelling and interesting to start. But as the series moved on - it was repetitive and stupid and almost became unwatchable.

Instead of watching any new shows I think I should just re-watch the Wire for the 300th time.

Anyway, what show should I start next? Breaking Bad? I heard it was dark - I don't really like those kinds of depressing shows.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get out, get out now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-20-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Mac will be heftier in the new season of It's always sunny. Idk I was drunk when I was watching the preview for it last night but it looked like he actually put on a good amount of weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Looks like Mac will be heftier in the new season of It's always sunny. Idk I was drunk when I was watching the preview for it last night but it looked like he actually put on a good amount of weight.
Apparently he purposely put on 50 pounds because he thought Mac would be funnier as a fat guy
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Fat Mac...he gained weight on purpose. He thought it'd be "weirdly funny", if Mac got really fat. It's going to be a major part of the story line.

Seems like he was out of ideas to me. The rest of the cast thinks Mac's character is funnier than ever being hefty, however.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I figured he did on purpose but it looked like alot so idk if it was real or not. I already think it's gold for the character.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:28 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is Kenny Powers based on John Rocker or is it just a coincidence?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I didn't watch Lost to get answers to all the little mysteries.. I watched it for the characters, and in that regard the show never disappointed. There are a few things I would have liked to have answers to, but the majority of it I couldn't care less.
This is what pisses me off the most, is that because the show had good characters fans feel like it's ok that they got ****** over for answers when it isn't ok. Plenty of shows have good characters, your lying to yourself if you started watching because you saw an add with nothing but the characters. Everyone started watching because they were curious about the sci-fi mystery elements on the island. Instead of having a clue where they were going the writers just continued to pull in more **** that needed to be answered and most of these moments were just left unanswered or at best touched upon (as brody mentioned a ******* light cave? wtf?). As someone who watched the show for six years while it was on I didn't need every little thing explained, some things it was cool to have your own opinion about but there was too much that wasn't answered and after I saw the finale I have yet to rewatch any episode again. Lindelof ****** up, had no idea where they were going (like they stated multiple times) and just ended with a big **** you to all the fans who stuck with the show diagnosing every episode attempting to find answers only to find that at the end it was all about a ******* light cave. Why? Because it's a ******* light cave.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-24-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

decided I was gonna rewatch Firefly took me like 12 minutes in before i got angry that fox is so ************* ********

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
and ya I assume it is, just taken to an extreme

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know of a good place to watch The Wire online? PM for rep.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it sacrilege that I am looking forward to Shameless more than Dexter?
Old 08-26-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Is it sacrilege that I am looking forward to Shameless more than Dexter?
No, Shameless is hilarious and Dexter has just become, "I wonder how they'll allow him to get out of this one?"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While on the topic of Showtime shows... Did anyone actually enjoy "The Borgues"?
Old 08-26-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still love Dexter :(

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I still love Dexter :(
Keep your head up. I do too.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
It is 100% Rocker, the whole show is clearly a giant John Rocker twisted nightmare/parody and so so good.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone here watched "The Hour" on BBC yet?

I watched the pilot on Comcast OnDemand tonight and thought it was very good. It was Mad Men-esque without being a ripoff. I'll have to watch more of the series.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not looking forward to Dexter at all, which is sad because it used to be one of my favorite shows. I'd put the first two seasons of that show up against any other show of the last decade.. but now it's just a shadow of what it once was.

I'll still watch this season but it'll probably be something I watch when I have nothing else on the DVR.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:59 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last episode of Curb was one of the best of the entire series. Leon is one of my favorite characters ever.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I prefer Palestinian Chicken as far as this season goes, but I do agree with Leon being amazing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-28-2011, 02:09 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I prefer Palestinian Chicken as far as this season goes, but I do agree with Leon being amazing.

Well there have been multiple episodes that are up there this season, Palestinian Chicken definitely being one of them. Pretty impressive that it's still going this strong.