Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-19-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited for Fifa... anyone?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Desu Ex, Dark Souls, Rage, Battlefield 3, and Skyrim are big time buys for me. Lot's of stuff to play coming down the pipe.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Desu Ex, Dark Souls, Rage, Battlefield 3, and Skyrim are big time buys for me. Lot's of stuff to play coming down the pipe.
I will probably get most of those outside of Dark Souls and Rage.

I honestly am not that excited about Rage. I just have a sneaking suspicion it will disappoint. iD software has been brutally bad over the last several years, and I'm not convinced it's going to change with Rage.

If it does get good reviews though, I'd be more than happy to change my mind, haha.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forenci why do you hate for the sake of hating? :D

Old 08-20-2011, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Forenci why do you hate for the sake of hating? :D
I don't! I just don't trust iD software anymore. They used to be a great dev but their track record for sometime now has been below average games.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't! I just don't trust iD software anymore. They used to be a great dev but their track record for sometime now has been below average games.
Rage is going to be awesome!

Hater.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doom 3 was a massive disappointment, but the talent is still there IMO. I've read a lot of previews and watched a lot of video content and I've come away very impressed. The graphics look fantastic...but the main thing is the gameplay and guns just look like a lot of fun. Looks like a more polished version of the modern Fallout games/Borderlands that is slightly lighter on the RPG elements.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-20-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Witcher 2 footage running on Xbox 360 from Gamescom. Pretty impressive they have the game running so well and looking this good after only a few months. Still has another 6 months in the oven as well, should be a fantastic adaptation.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-21-2011, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you haven't played Witcher 2, you're in for a treat. Totally nerded out over that game.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I need to get a new 360 before Madden comes out...are the new Slims reliable?
Old 08-21-2011, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I love my Slim and have had zero issues. The new matte finish is coming out soon, so if you want a polished black grab one now!

Old 08-21-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I recommend that matte, personally. The glossy one just gets dirty the second you open it and requires near constant maintenance from preventing it from looking like a finger print repository. But yeah, reliability is pretty good. Not a record of hardware failure yet.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol. My PS3 looks disgusting and I dont even use it that much. Finger prints, dust, pet hair. It all shows.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

The glossy isn't that bad... It's not like I'm constantly touching it, smudging it. It sits in place and is nice and shiny!

Old 08-22-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I barely touch my PS3...I just hate that finish, because it just seems to get filthy, with even minimal interaction.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-22-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glossy sucks. Even if you aren't touching it, it's a dust magnet (naturally, plus all the intake and exhaust fans blowing in the machine). Matte ftw (even if it collects dust, it's not as obvious). I still have the plastic around my TV because I don't feel like wiping the damn thing down every couple of days.

There are four things I don't like about my PS3:
1. OS
2. Browser
3. Noise
4. Glossy Finish - the thing gets filthy

Last edited by nepg : 08-22-2011 at 09:04 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Maybe you need to stop living in filth :D

Old 08-22-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Maybe you need to stop living in filth :D
lol. You bastard...it's the Jersey air.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-22-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Review embargo broke on Deus Ex, rocking a 91 on metacritic so far with some perfect scores and a few high marks I've seen that haven't factored in. So the impressions of it are pretty good so far. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Shame there's no midnight release nearby and that I HAVE to buy it at Gamestop for ingame content.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-22-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the content from GameStop?

I have it pre-loaded on Steam and ready to go. It unlocks in 12 hours.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yup the scores have been fantastic. I'm a tad concerned with a few things...

1. Load times look horrible
2. Voice acting/dialogue looked pretty shoddy

Nothing too damning...but those two things could certainly be mood killing.

I'm sure I'll love the game, though. I'm seeing 90's all around. IGN gave it a 9.0 as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-22-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

IGN did a nice little comparison video for the load times. 360 is far and away the superior version and is about 20% faster.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah I saw that...I never intsall games, though. These loading screens look worse than Fallout's.

This game is going to be so amazing...I cant wait. It has an 89 on metacritic right now after 20 something reviews. A bunch of perfect scores.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-22-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I install every game!

Old 08-22-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I could probably fap to that ME3 vid and I'm not even a monster fan of ME2's combat. love mass effect though. Can't wait for this one and Diablo 3.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote